sams club card expires this month

Should I go renew this or Go with costco or BJ's Costco is the the most distances from my house but is close to where my Dh works.. Sams is the shortest distance then BJs.. What one should we buy. We only go every month so the distance really isnt a big factor What has the best deals :smirk:

I would go with anything other than Sams Club. I won't go into details, but I will NEVER step foot in their stores ever again! :mad:

I wish we had a Costco around here. Yeah, check out Costco ;)

I understand you don't want to give details but would you share was this health or service related?

Should I go renew this or Go with costco or BJ's Costco is the the most distances from my house but is close to where my Dh works.. Sams is the shortest distance then BJs.. What one should we buy. We only go every month so the distance really isnt a big factor What has the best deals :smirk:

*waits for RossMAN to chime in about Costco being "Da Bomb"*

;)

My choice is Costco. I generally find them cheaper, with a better selection, and it seems to me (but that may relate to my choices). I'm in FL and Sam's is much closer, and the extra drive is worth it for me.

I'm in Long Island some summers and there the difference btw BJ's and Costco price wise is huge. It seems like Costco's price is pretty much the same FL oe Long Island, and the local prices are much different ... so with groceries it really saves there.

On the downside, the lines at Costco seem longer to me.

speaking of a Sams renewal...did they always charge tax on the membership fee? Mine is up in April and I just got the bill, and there is sales tax on it. I guess I'll have to see if I still have last years statement from renewal time.

And yes, I WANT a Costco toooo!!!!!!

speaking of a Sams renewal...did they always charge tax on the membership fee? Mine is up in April and I just got the bill, and there is sales tax on it. I guess I'll have to see if I still have last years statement from renewal time.

And yes, I WANT a Costco toooo!!!!!!

I wonder if that is a local type thing. I got my renewal the other day and I did not see any tax listed. Was the renewal an odd number or something? Ours is always flat fees like $40 or something depending on which membership you have.

We don't have a Costco either.

Costco has a 30 day thing where if u are not happy with them you can get ur money back...at least the one here does in sc

It's way better than that!

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=10166081#Returns

Returns or Exchanges

Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase,

we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. You can return the item to the nearest Costco Wholesale location. To find a location, please click here.

2. If you are unable to return your order to one of our warehouses, please e-mail us at customer service.

Please include your name, order confirmation number, phone number, and reason for return. You will be

contacted regarding your return within 5 to 7 business days.

Please note, as of November 4th, 2002, the return policy for all desktop and notebook computers are six months

from the date of purchase. Six months after purchase, all computer services and technical support will be subject

to the applicable remaining manufacturer’s warranty.

I've just posted a detailed reply under "Sams Club or Costco" about this. I will say that my in laws joined BJ's last year and HATED IT! They couldn't wait for the year to be over so that they could switch to Costco. I am a huge Costco fan: We've bought cars through their auto buying program, we use their optical dept, we started our IRA's and ESA's through their Sharebuilder program, I buy all my meat there plus all birthday cakes (their bakery is the bomb! especially their new huge cream puffs.) The only thing I wish they carried was older girls (size 7-16) and junior's clothing.

RobD

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I will not PAY to have the "privelage" of shopping in ANYBODY'S store. If they do not want my business without charging an entrance fee, heck with 'em. I do just fine on my own getting good deals, thank you...http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Grin-Nod.gif

I've had BJ's for years and I like it a lot. I go there an average of about once a week. I love Costco but it's about 1/2 hour in a direction I don't go very often. I had it last year and didn't renew because of the distance, but I miss it already. I was telling my uncle yesterday and he said he'd add me on his business account since I'll be doing some part time bookkeeping for him and wanted to look into the payroll service they offer. :) I love the organic field greens that they have at our Costco. No others can even come close to matching the quality for the price.