Anyone own a dyson vacuum?

I just got a dyson vacuum at homedepot for $320.(pricematch to lowes online price(dead tho). Anyway people said to get these vacuums for pet hair. I don't see any difference, the brush bar gets clogged up with the hair just like any other vacuum. What is the difference between this and other vacuums? If it gets clogged up it won't turn.

We have one.. its the purple animal.

I've never seen it get clogged yet.

We have a samoyed (very furry dog that sheds), and it picks up all his hair.

Umm, are you changing your setting to carpet when your on the less thicker carpet, and then to the other setting when your on hardfloors or shaggy carpet?

Yeah, we don't have any shaggy carpet, just normal. All the hair wraps around the brush bar on the bottem. It goes in the canister also, but alot just gets stuck to the brushes or wraps around the bar.

Edit : We have a st bernard, she sheds constantly.

Do you have the one that specifies pet hair?

Its a purple dyson (animal 14). I remember the sales lady at LNT's was telling us that the other

were not as good when it comes to pet hair as the one that specifies animal hair, like the animal. Other than that.. I'm not sure. We've had ours since right before xmas, and so far its great.

I love my Dyson, I have the DC07 which sounds like the one you got. I have never had a problem with it clogging or anything else for that matter. The only thing I can think of as others have suggested is try the "animal" as it is specifically made for pet hair.

I have the DC14 Animal (the purple one). I loathe it (it's beyond hate).

It's been back for service twice and it's only 2 years old. We have mostly hardwood floors and tile. The motor that runs the beater brush keeps wearing out. Not to mention that the ergonomics are all wrong.

I'll never buy another Dyson product.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=16321&highlight=dyson

We've had the purple Dyson for almost a year now, after the 4th vacuum in 5 years died. We have three cats and hair has always been a big problem The only problem we've had is when my DD was using it and a fiber from the carpet pulled loose and started unraveling while the brush was turning. I had to do a little surgery on the machine but it's been fine since. It is the only vacuum I have ever owned that doesn't throw the cat litter back towards me when I am vacuuming the area around the cat box.

RobD

I LOVE my DC014!! I have one cat, long black fur!!! DH couldn't believe that I would spend $600 for a vaccuum. When he bought his snow blower, I told him it was only fair that I get my dyson. 3 years later, I think the snow blower has been used 5 times, my dyson is used daily! He uses it more than I do. We use it for everything no job too big or small.

Do you have the one that specifies pet hair?

Its a purple dyson (animal 14). I remember the sales lady at LNT's was telling us that the other

were not as good when it comes to pet hair as the one that specifies animal hair, like the animal. Other than that.. I'm not sure. We've had ours since right before xmas, and so far its great.

Actually all of the dysons are the same . The only difference is in the attatchments that they come with. Well that and they make them a different color.

Love the DC07...works like it's supposed to...IT SUX! :)

We have a cat, but my wifes hair is much longer, and that does get wound around the brushes...but that will happen with any vaccuum. Takes 1 minute to clean it out every so often and it's like brand new again.

You don't need to spend full price on a Dyson...When Kohl's has the 30% off coupons is the time to buy one. We got our DC07 for under $280 tax included!

My only complaint...no light.

My mom just complains about all the hair that gets raveled up around the brushbar, but as someone else said, that is going to happen with any vacuum. She just thought paying 320 for a vacuum, that would stop doing that. We owned a fantom, and after a while that started to burn up the motor cause it was stopping the bar from turning at times.

I have the Animal and it works well. Except, it's not the greatest on corners. I got it for about $360 two years ago. That was about $150-$200 off the regular price because my b-i-l's store gave ee's a special deal. If I had to spend $500 on it, I think it would be too much.

My husband & kids got me the animal dyson last year for Mother's Day after being told how great it was. Before he got it I thought it sounded great but then I had done some research and saw there were a lot of unhappy people so I didn't want one but he didn't hear that part of course LOL. I totally agree with Marcster. I can not stand this vacuum!! It's always losing suction and the bar is always jammed with hair. We have 3 kids and a black lab. I still have the bissell I had before getting this vacuum and even though its falling apart I use that vacuum and leave the dyson to hubby who thinks its great. By the way we owned a fantom years ago and I swore after that piece of junk to never spend more then $100 for a vacuum. When I was researching the dyson I read that the dyson is somehow connected to the fantom vaccum but can't remember if it the inventor or the company. One other thing I have noticed is it doesn't seem to be as well made when I clean the bar. When I clean the bissell's bar its seems to be made of much stronger materials. I just think the whole design and everything is poor. For example if I need to use just the hose attachment and am near the plug I have to unravel the whole cord where on the bissell I only need to unravel a small part of the cord. I could go on and on but I won't. For the ones who love their dysons, I am glad you are happy with yours. Even the people I know that have them love them. Guess its just me LOL :o

I have one dc7 that I LOVE have 4 bulldogs and 1 fury small dog with dark area rugs. One swipe over the rugs and all hair is gone. I have the green/purple one from sams (all floors). I wanted one for the office in town but could not pull out that kind of money for a 12x12 comercial carpet. I bought a bissell for about 50 bucks at walmart. I still bring my dyson out here once a week to really clean the carpet.

i got the animal (purple) dyson in feb of 05 ((cuz i had a lot of extra money from a tax return :) ) it is the best vacuum i have ever used. i use it for everything . it never gets clogged. i use attachments to vacuum my mattress and it has a dusting attachment that works great for my computer fans and i vacuum my a/c ducts monthly. also i live in las vegas so everything gets covered with dust since it's a desert. its sturdy. i love it. i will never buy another vacuum. and to be precise i have a cat, and a long haired chow and two other dogs .

it never gets clogged but sometimes i do have to clean the brush since i had animals and my mom is a tailor so i am always vacuuming up hair and thread and string which gets wrapped around the beater bar. it does not make it lose suction though. so im firmly in the " the dyson is the best vacuum i've ever owned" category.