ebay HELP!!!

I dont know where else to post this or if it is allowed here but I just started selling on ebay and my item cannot be found. it shows up in my account tracker but when i try to search for it as though i am a customer, i cant find it. Can you not see your own listings when doing a search, please help. I have tried changing my category listing and even searching in different ways but it never shows up

I dont know where else to post this or if it is allowed here but I just started selling on ebay and my item cannot be found. it shows up in my account tracker but when i try to search for it as though i am a customer, i cant find it. Can you not see your own listings when doing a search, please help. I have tried changing my category listing and even searching in different ways but it never shows up

Hi sissykus! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this either, but I'll still try and answer your question. First, if you just listed the item, it will take a few minutes, sometimes an hour for your listing to show up. You can view your listings on the main site. What I do is pick out the key words in your listing's main heading and type them into the search. Say I was listing a "Hot Wheels Dumptruck Model #65733", I would type in "hot wheels dumptruck", scroll down to 6 days, XX hours (around the time your listing would end) and see if it's there. It should be. Hope that helps!

I can see it in my account, I am just concerned that no matter how I search for it I cant find it, which means if shoppers are typing in the same things I am, they wont see it either. It has been at least 4 hours since I posted it and no bids, so there is a problem if I cant find it

It actually can take up to 6 hours for your auctions to show in a search on ebay. Also, if you revise it at all(price change, catagory change, etc), it can take 6 hours after that for it to show back up in any searches. When I want to check if my auctions are showing yet, I do a search with a few key words and change the sorting to "distance: nearest first", then it's always one of the top listings.