I need a good scanner/printer

I got a lexmark all in one printer. It copies, prints, scans, and faxes (have to have phone connection can't use with cable modems). What I like about the one I have that it takes only one ink cartridge. That's the worst part about printers, some of the ink cartridges are expensive. Compare ink cartridges before you buy to see what they cost. Sometimes it is cheaper to but a new printer than the ink cartridges. Here is one at Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5280837

I love HP for all my printing needs. I had the same printer/scanner/copier since '99 and it never steered me wrong. I just traded to the exact same printer it's just newer and therefore much smaller and connects via USB (my new computer didn't have one of the old printer ports). I love it and I can buy the ink cartridges from overstock.com for $20 per 2 pack. You can't beat that price for ink. The printer is a little more expensive than some of the others, but you can watch for a sale or just understand that this printer will last you a long time with little to no hassles.

My DH is a 'computer geek'.. We've been through several printers.

The Lexmark all in one was a real pain for us - the user interface is awkward and the print jobs are disruptive if you multi-task.

Our lexmark is collecting dust in the basement and we re-installed our old 820 HP model.

When it is replaced, it will be with an HP.

There is a really nice model we looked at last weekend that is wireless...

I haven't committed time to price comparisons, but Staples has it on sale now for $398.

HP C7180 Photosmart Color Flatbed All-in-One

Ultimate photo all-in-one with fax, superior scanning and advanced wireless.

:g_think: