Scholastic Book Fair get 2 books free

eisens

Scholastic Books is having a warehouse clearance sale. If you have one near you besides good prices they are offering 2 free books (worth $4.99 or less) for just showing up.

Go to http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/ to see if there is a warehouse near you and when it will be held. You need to login online to get a "fast pass" that will give you the 2 free book coupon.

my fast pass says volunteer- does that mean that they are going to try to make me work when i get there?

No. It means you are not a teacher. They have two categories: you work for a school or you are a volunteer there.

They DO offer work -- I think they pay by the hour and then you get so many books either free or at a big discount (I forget). You can contact your local Scholastic warehouse if you are interested. They have you put books on shelves and such.

BTW besides books these warehouses have little gift items that are perfect for birthday party gift bags (fancy pencils, little diaries, little stuffed animals). Last sale they had Gamecube games and software, too.

So don't "not go" because you think it is only books. They do have books (great books) but they also have lots of stuff I stash away for birthdays and even the holidays.

Last night, I discovered that my brother is behind on learning cursive; therefore, I am going to have to work with him more at home to catch up. I am hoping to find some educational learning bookds (cursive, math, reading, etc.) at this event. I am assuming this event is the right place to go for these types of books, or should I try elsewhere?

I love the Scholastic sales, and spend waaay too much money--but I wouldn't go there for the learning cursive type books. They might have them, they might not. If you need them asap, do a search for teacher's supply store and see what you find. DD loved those stores when she was in elementary grades--it was an easy way to supplement the classroom learning, especially in areas of particular interest for her.

Thanks for posting this...I went today and got quite a few good books for my boys, plus the two free ones ;) My youngest son has not been lucky enough to have a teacher in three years :confused: who wants to send home book orders. I always enjoyed ordering books for my oldest. :yup:

If you are hesitant about going, you may want to wait until the 1/2 price sale. It's usually April/May. That sale includes 90% of the warehouse on 1/2 price, including the things on the shelves. This sale is mostly older books and those that are dinged up. Most everything is in big bins that you have to dig thru.

This sale is mostly older books and those that are dinged up. Most everything is in big bins that you have to dig thru.

I guess it varies on where you shop. My warehouse is extremely organized and very clean. No big bins, but they had tables with boxes of the books. Not all of the titles were old, some were just overruns.

I guess it varies on where you shop. My warehouse is extremely organized and very clean. No big bins, but they had tables with boxes of the books. Not all of the titles were old, some were just overruns.

I didn't realize this sale is different. I went to the 1/2 price sale in Dec. Everything was included then and all was orderly and well stocked. I had assumed this one's the same way. Is it more of a clearance type sale? Does it normally include the pc games and arts/crafts type toys?

Whenever they do a 1/2 price sale, about a month later they will do another sale. This is discounted even more, but only includes the items that didn't sell at the last sale. The second sale is usually cheaper in price, but more picked over.

For best results, visit the 1st set of sale dates.

I drove 1 1/2 hour to get to the sale near me...it wasn't GREAT, but not a waste of time either...I was told that the December sale was much better

I did buy some items, but honestly, only because I was there...nothing I couldn't live without

and same thing with the people at ours...it was a weird layout of aisles and NOBODY would let you see anything...it was hard to tell if people were in line to pay, or have things boxed up to go to the next section