Disney Park Tickets (no transpo or hotel)

they often have Florida resident discount days.

Are you a member of a group (AAA, AARP?)? A student at a college? (I know UCF offered student discounts). Our local library has season passes to lots of parks - might be worth a check.

No, if you are a Florida Resident the best deals are either the annual pass or the seasonal pass -- not the 10 day pass.

Mousesavers is a good place to start looking (check out Florida Resident specials) and also Allearsnet dot com (formerly wdwig). The Disney site itself has a good section for Florida residents. You just have to show your Forida driver's license.

Right now Disney has a special for Florida residents. Florida Resident 3 Day Play Pass - You get 3 days for the price of two. Florida residents can purchase a 3-Day Play Pass. You can use the 3-Day Play Pass for up to six months from its first use so you can spread it out. This is available year-round with no block out dates. Plus, the initial cost of the 3-Day Play Pass can be applied to the purchase of an Annual or Seasonal Pass if you decide to upgrade. Non expiration option is available for an extra cost. $127.80 for Ages 10+; $106.50 Ages 3-9

Considering the annual pass is $361.04 and you only want to go so many days any way the 3 day special isn't a bad deal.

Disney also has hotel discounts for Florida residents but IMHO you're better off renting a timeshare. You can get a really nice timeshare 2 bedroom apartment for less than renting two hotel rooms -- especially at Disney.

No, if you are a Florida Resident the best deals are either the annual pass or the seasonal pass -- not the 10 day pass.

Mousesavers is a good place to start looking (check out Florida Resident specials) and also Allearsnet dot com (formerly wdwig). The Disney site itself has a good section for Florida residents. You just have to show your Forida driver's license.

Right now Disney has a special for Florida residents. Florida Resident 3 Day Play Pass - You get 3 days for the price of two. Florida residents can purchase a 3-Day Play Pass. You can use the 3-Day Play Pass for up to six months from its first use so you can spread it out. This is available year-round with no block out dates. Plus, the initial cost of the 3-Day Play Pass can be applied to the purchase of an Annual or Seasonal Pass if you decide to upgrade. Non expiration option is available for an extra cost. $127.80 for Ages 10+; $106.50 Ages 3-9

Considering the annual pass is $361.04 and you only want to go so many days any way the 3 day special isn't a bad deal.

Disney also has hotel discounts for Florida residents but IMHO you're better off renting a timeshare. You can get a really nice timeshare 2 bedroom apartment for less than renting two hotel rooms -- especially at Disney.

Actually the person who posted the 10 day pass I think has the better deal. There is "no" expiration on them. Meaning u could go 3 years down the line and still use them for disney. The annual pass is only good annually. i mean if the family of four plans on going every week . . . then sure, go with the annual pass. But if they are like me and go maybe twice a year, than the 10 day pass is suitable because it doesn't expire and it includes the hopper . . . . so while I would have bought 3 annual passes for over a grand in 3 years, I could still have some of the tickets left over from my 10 pack 3 years down the line that I only paid 400 bucks for (I believe waterparks can be added for about 30 bucks a 10 ticket admission). I think it really depends on the frequency of them going.

I agree on the timeshare thing tho, but book it as a hotel so they don't tell u to go on the tour. I went to Westgate Towncenter 2 weeks ago for 4 days, it ran me about 300 bucks (was offered it for 120 bucks for 4 nights if I booked directly with them, but they would have been harrasing me the whole time about buying a timeshare), was well worth it . . . it offered a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub and great amenities like mini golf, bicycle riding, tennis, etc. When I first got there they asked me "one" time at checkin if I would be taking the tour, I told them no and I didn't hear from them again (Tho if u find yourself running short of cash they give you like a 100 bucks cash or 150 in disney dollars to take it their tour). Was great. Sleeps 4 people easily, they spoil you over there lol.

Disney can have resort specials also and they are cool especially if going to a disney park because u wont pay for parking in the park and the metrorail swings by your resort and takes you to the park and they have the magic park hours thing where a resident of the resort stays there up to 3 hours after the park closes and can still go on all the attractions. Disney really has alot of good options, you will enjoy yourself.

As a floridian who has been to Disney over 50x I would definately suggest staying on property. Rooms for value resorts start at $59.oo a night and once you park at the hotel you do not need to get in your car until you leave to go home. The also have special magic hours where the parks are open to hotel guests and they can either enter the parks early or stay late and that really cuts down on the time waiting to get on rides. Coupled with that you do not need to pay to park which at 15.00 a day can really add up.

Also if you belong to Automobile club of America they also have theme tickets with additonal savings for Florida Residents.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the good advice i am going with a timeshare tour our friends signed us up but its a great rate so its ok well will do the tour the 2nd day we get there .More money to spend at disney we are going 6/4-6/9

Thank you all for the good advice i am going with a timeshare tour our friends signed us up but its a great rate so its ok well will do the tour the 2nd day we get there .More money to spend at disney we are going 6/4-6/9

Just go on the tour as soon as you can, when the staff of these timeshares know they have guests on property who are enjoying the special rate, they can get a bit ansy, especially with the phone calling and they drive their sale on you.

Wow, lots of resources. Thanks all. I am going to look into the seasonal and three day...wondering if Disney has any specials that routinely come up before the Spring/summer season. I must say, I have to envy my friend. She just moved here and has an old friend who works at Disney World...they have already gone three times in the last two months all for free for her family of four...all they have to do is meet their friend at the gate and she does all the rest...She was even able to get them a highly discounted room at one of the Disney resorts...she wants us to join them...but it is even hard looking at these discounted prices when it's compared to free!

You may also want to check out Sea World. My sister works for Disney so we like to hit other spots also. I got a 2 yr season pass for Sea World for a little more than the cost of 2 admittance, you get free parking and discount on purchases in the park, including food with pass. You received great advice for Disney so just have fun and enjoy. ;)