JCPenney Clearance

mahalia52

Thanks! I have been eyeing a handbag on clearance there and extra 20% was just not enough, and I am scared to wait for 50% or final green sticker clearance. Its so hard to judge at Penneys- you know its going extra 50 % then final clearance at 75% so its so hard to decide when to buy stuff:-) I am always so tempted to wait for the green sticker but get so disappointed if the things I want aren't still there!

I think ours took the "good stuff" off the floor. I was in the other day and there were tons of kids jeans for 9.99 today there were a few scattered around:( Remember on the back of your reciepts there is a 15% coupon if you fill out the survey. I recieved an extra 15% off all of the clearance, and if I had penny's card, I'd saved another 15% too! (done w/ cc's) have to get balances back down for next Christmas!:D

I went to JCPenneys today and the sales were great. It is 70% off the original prive which is the same as 40% off the marked down price. I agree that the discounts will get better but I went first thing in the morning and they got very busy fast. I know that if I wait for the better discounts, which I would LOVE to do, all the good stuff will be gone. My best deals were a beautiful blue blouse for the summer and it came to $3.65. I also got a bracelet and a necklace $2.99 each. My advice, go now, be patient because they will be busy and dig around! Good Luck!!!

Just an FYI, I went to Penneys last night to buy my DS his winter wardrobe for next year. Picked up a large selection of items expecting to pay the 40% off plus the add'l 15% by using my JCP card. They told me at the register that clearance merchandise is not eligible for the add'l 15% off. I wish I would have known that, I probably wouldn't have purchased as much as I did. Some of it will probably be returned now. I got home and looked at the flyer I got in the mail and it states "take an add'l 15% off ALREADY REDUCED sale priced merchandise." If clearance merchandise isn't "already reduced merchandise" I'd like to know what is!! :mad:

I did really good last night at JCP for my son! I got like 5 outfits, 2 collared tops and 4 footed PJ's for next winter for like $55!!! YEAH! And for my youngest daughter I got 4 tops to go with jeans (the okie doke $2.50 tops or whatever) and 3 outfits for $25!! Not to bad! Couldn't find a single thing for my oldest dd! UGH! Oh-well! Then, I went to shop-ko and found a very nice winter coat for my son for $12! YEAH!!!!

Now, if the weather just wasn't so bad and I could go to ON today I'd be very happy! LOL!

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)!

Just an FYI, I went to Penneys last night to buy my DS his winter wardrobe for next year. Picked up a large selection of items expecting to pay the 40% off plus the add'l 15% by using my JCP card. They told me at the register that clearance merchandise is not eligible for the add'l 15% off. I wish I would have known that, I probably wouldn't have purchased as much as I did. Some of it will probably be returned now. I got home and looked at the flyer I got in the mail and it states "take an add'l 15% off ALREADY REDUCED sale priced merchandise." If clearance merchandise isn't "already reduced merchandise" I'd like to know what is!! :mad:

A strange question (LOL) but what JCP were you at??? The one I was at yesterday evening I was 'waiting' to check out and there was a couple also checking out with their sons wardrobe for next winter and they were told the same thing! Just wondering if this was YOU...?!?! LOL! Probably not, but ya never know..? I was in the JCP in Quincy, IL?

Oh... and they wouldn't take the additional 1.5 off with my JCP card either (although, I didn't ask after they explained it to the other people... lol)!

Hit JcPenney's this morning and had the 15% coupon from the survey with me too. Bought a Columbia winter jacket reg. $199 for myself and it came to $50.99!! The coupons states that it excludes Columbia among others but it took the 15% off from it!!:) Got my 8 year old daughter 2 pairs of jeans for $5.09 each. Purchased 5 items and saved over $239. Gotta love it!!

A strange question (LOL) but what JCP were you at??? The one I was at yesterday evening I was 'waiting' to check out and there was a couple also checking out with their sons wardrobe for next winter and they were told the same thing! Just wondering if this was YOU...?!?! LOL! Probably not, but ya never know..? I was in the JCP in Quincy, IL?

Oh... and they wouldn't take the additional 1.5 off with my JCP card either (although, I didn't ask after they explained it to the other people... lol)!

No, it wasn't me, I was in Appleton, WI. :yup: However, as I walked past another register I heard the cashier explaining the same thing to other people. They have very deceptive advertising. :gdangry4:

No, it wasn't me, I was in Appleton, WI. :yup: However, as I walked past another register I heard the cashier explaining the same thing to other people. They have very deceptive advertising. :gdangry4:

Figured it wasn't... but you sounded EXACTLY like the other lady I saw! LOL! I bet a lot of people were probably asking about the extra 15% off. I would have, if I hadn't already heard them tell the other lady no! LOL!

~ Erin

The JCpenny I went to, the cashier was asking everyone if they had a JCP card as they could save an additional 15% off! (and they had all clearance stuff like I did) I had issues with them before when they had the friends and family sale coupon that didn't have any exclusions on it with the exception of just a few items. Nowhere did it say LEVIS were excluded so I got two pair cheap (cheap for levis) with the extra 20 off and I guess they never let you use the coupons on that! Since it didn't clearly state that it was excluded, the manager gave it to me (after I waited in line the weekend before xmas for over 20 minutes extra in addition to the 30 minutes I had already waited in another line) I would definitely want a manager to explain that to me if it says you can use it , why they wouldn't let you use it. It is amazing how they 'trick' you to get you in and then won't let you use it because of some small print that was obviously unclear. Too bad you didn't have one of the 15 percent off coupons......Seems like alot of places put such vague wording on things and then make the rules up as they go along......

Same thing here, I had the ad with me and it says does not apply to clearence items. I asked the manegar them what are ALREADY-REDUCED sale prices. Her reply had me fuming...she said it means just what it says SALE prices not clearence. They must have had this problem all day becasue she sure had an attitude. I did walk away with some good sales but they should have made that more clear.

LEVI"s, JNCO, and 2 or more items are always excluded from the coupons. I have been told because the company; LEVI's doesn't want to be in the promotion. There are other brand names. But these three named are the most questioned.

Yes, there was a coupon friends and family I believe that didn't have LEVI's excluded. Was a misprint, but unless the customer found the error on the receipt, no adjustment was given. Why? Because most cashiers know LEVI's are excluded and when questioned about the error some did the adjustment after seeing the misprint. The cashier wouldn't of know there was a misprint until then.

The 15% off survey coupon does work on the clearance items! But not LEVI's and the other fine print items. Doesn't work on Value Right Items also.

I spent $136 and my receipt said that I saive $487.07!! I had no trouble using the 15% off coupon from the survey.

I now have my 18m old ds wardrobe for next winter. I got 2pcs sweat outfits for $2.54

I used the survey coupon for extra 15% off my items and all I had was clearance. They did tell me it would not take my JCP card for the extra 15% off.

I Lost Paul as of Yesterday...

Yesterday, we found the Midway Stand-up Arcade during the 70% off clearance at JCPenneys. For $179.99, Paul had to have it. His complaint about the PC and game system versions has always been about the controllers. He has no complaints about this version.

We were supposed to do more moving this weekend, but he still hasn't come to bed since setting it up yesterday afternoon... ;)

That's the end of Paul's holiday money from his Dad though, so I hope it lasts a long time.

I saw this sytem a couple of years ago at Target. I really wish I had caught it when it went 90% off there...

I went to JCPenney today and was amazed at the amount of stuff on clearance in the women's dept. (Of course, it helped if you were a size small - which I'm not!) I got two skirts, two jackets, a cardigan, two pairs of "popo" socks, and a Sunbeam iron (for which I now realize I was overcharged $5.00) for $166.99. My JCPenney card discount was only good on the skirts, one jacket and the cardigan (the non-clearance items).

I am going to complain to the store tomorrow. The iron I bought was marked $34.99. It wasn't the one listed in the ad as originally $39.99, on sale for $19.99, and not subject to the 15% JCPenney card discount. I was charged $39.99, and didn't get a discount for using my JCPenney card! :mad: