TV Satellite or Cable HD Deals

I am a new residential customer searching for deals on HD TV broadcast service. I live in Northern MI, an area that does not receive terrestrial HD signal. Choices in the area are Time Warner Cable or Direct Broadcast Satellite. I want the HD signal for a new Panasonic TH-42PX60U plasma TV and HD or Non-HD signal for three other TV's. I doubt that I need a DVR I have little time to watch current broadcasts much less something recorded in the past. I watch all types of movies, international films, A&E, TLC and Discovery channels.

I live in Florida, but I have Time Warner Cable. I have NO idea if they are anything the same, but for us we paid an extra $6 a month (We already had digital cable) and they came in and installed an HD-DVR (All of their HD boxes were DVR's) and we got all the HD channels. Where I live TW and Direct Satelite where all I had to choose from too, but we choose TW because of all the storms we get and satelite is unreliable down here. Your best bet is to probably call them both. I'm kind of assuming you don't already have cable TV, if you do though I'd go with the company you're already set up with. They are usually willing to do a lot to keep you a customer and so if you threaten to leave for a better deal, they are usually willing to match it. At least, that's what my experience has been.

Time Warner Cable usually offers some type of new customer deal. I know I signed on with them last year with HD service. You have to specifically tell them you want a HD tuner before they come out and install them. The only nice thing is that they do not charge you more for the HD tuner.