Publix - until 01/12

Gator Pam

I have been given permission to post this from an email loop I'm on. Then, I'll describe what I did.

If anyone has seen the Publix pyramid coupon booklets, GRAB THEM! here are some of the things I think may be decent deals from the booklet.

In the pasta aisles here, there is a blinky machine for $1.50 off 3 boxes of Mueller’s. The 8 oz. box of elbow noodles is .59. There are 2 kinds of egg noodles for .79 each and most of the rest are .99 each. So, depending on your “budget”, purchase accordingly.

The bottles of Motts applesauce are 1.69/2 until 1/12/07. The Pyramid book has a $1 off any Motts sauce so this is free plus! I do not know what they will do with the extra. I did find the 4 packs of the Motts juice in some Publixes. The smaller ones or ones with less variety (around here, the ones by the whole foods market have many, many more organic products in them than the ones by my house). I think maybe 2 out of 6 did not have them. They are 1.09 for the four and there is a different coupon in the pyramid books for $1 off any Motts juice.

So, even if you do not find any calendars, you should be able to stock up just on these items alone and, if you do not have a pantry, this is a good start. So, suppose you can find the books and some blinky coupons. Each Mueller’s coupon costs .27 (using the elbows noodles) out of pocket. If they give you the excess from the Motts, you are still getting back .04 more than the cost of the above items so you grab a package of juice. You have spent .05 out of pocket for 1.5 pounds of pasta, two decent sized bottles of applesauce and a pack of 4 juices. Or, if you have a mere $1, you end up with 60 boxes of pasta, 40 jars of applesauce (and a good variety of flavors), and 20 4-packs of apple juice. Most of the time, the Publix stores will give you the extra. But, if not, then each set of pasta/sauce/ juice will cost .36 and will get you 9 pasta, 6 sauces and 3 juice packages for that $1 plus .08. And if you use that $1 off grocery item(s) you can make it stretch.

For those with an organic lifestyle, there are coupons in both the Pyramid and the Greenwise books which seem to give you good savings. The coupons from the Greenwise booklets are manufacturer ones only. My Whole Foods store has better prices on the things I buy over Publix. A previous job had the department leave for a local Thai restaurant every couple of weeks. After that, I got hooked on various products.

I did check out the green folder and the yellow one. The yellow has the coupon for $1 off fresh Lenders. Here, the correct ones are 3.39 (bread aisle). The refrigerated ones are 2/$3 and we all know there are frozen ones. I suspect that the cashier is not being too discriminating about what it is used on. The Bumble bee shrimp or crab are 2.49 a can. The Betty Crocker specialty potatoes are 2.39 as well as the Potato Buds. The smaller boxes are buy one, get one free this week. Again, some may not be checking closely at the coupons. Everything I checked, the $ off coupons maybe saved you ¼ of the price. In the green one, you can save some but I don’t particularly think they are all that good. If you are a vitamin person, those may help and there was a blinky machine with $1 off Sundown vitamins which made the cheapest ones the same as using the $1 off Publix vitamins or the $3 off Nature Made.

Also, know your prices before you go to the checkout. Any item (I think except dairy) which rings up wrong, you get it free for the first one and the reduced price for all of the others. And, I think that even if the shelf has an old price, same rules apply. This is better than any other grocery stores around here.

Enough? Well, share any other good deals you find there. And, just in case you did not realize, there is a “secret” sale item on Saturday and Sundays only. This is published here in the Saturday paper. Some stores put a sign at the entrance while others put one on the shelf while others make a display around the entrance. Let me think of some examples. This past weekend, Publix soda, 3/$1. Previous: Publix ice cream sandwiches, .99; Cottenelle double roll 4 pack, .99; half gallon of Publix milk, .99; gallon of deli tea, .99; brick of Publix coffee, 1.49.

OK, so I went looking for these 'pyramid' booklets. They're basically booklets promoting the food pyramid that Publix has put together, and say MyPyramid.gov on them. Inside are all the coupons Emily said are there.

Then I went looking for the Muellers $1.50/3 coupon in the blinkie machines. None to be found here.

Instead, I used the free Oxi-Clean detergent ball coupons. The packages I bought all had $1.00 of coupons to be used then on them. My Publix had 6 packages. I pointed out the $1.00 off use no coupons to the cashier as she scanned the packages, and made sure she deducted those. I then bought the apple juice and the apple sauce. I used two $1.00 off coupons on the 2/$1.69 jars of apple sauce, leaving a .31 cents credit. The 31 cents overage for each two jars of apple sauce help offset the 09 cents on each package of 4 count juice.

My Publix only had 6 jars of the all natural no sugar added apple sauce (the only kind I buy), so I between the apple sauce and the Oxi-Clean, I had an overage of $6.91. I used it to buy 4 cartons of 18 count extra large eggs at $2.09 a carton.

At the end of all that, I handed the cashier the free Oxi-clean coupons and she took off the full $6.99 each with no problem. That's what gave me the the extra $6.00 from the $1.00 use me now coupons.

Since non-prepared food is non-taxable in FL, only 42 cents of that overage went to sales tax for the Oxi-Clean. So I had a credit of $6.49.

So, I walked out of Publix with 6 Oxi-Clean detergent balls, 6 jars Motts all natural no sugar added apple sauce, 11 4-count packs of Motts mini apple juice boxes, and 4 cartons of 18-count extra large eggs for...$1.87.

I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask me for clarification.

Emily lives in the Tampa/St. Petersburgh, FL area. I believe her Publix home office is in Lakeland, FL. I'm in Gator Town. Our home office is in Jacksonville, FL. So, the offer is valid at least within Central and Northeast FL.

Publix always has lots of B1G1F on so many items. Like you, I couple their sales with coupons

and frequently have free or almost free goods. Do they have double coupons at any Publix where anyone else lives? I'm, in Jax and I have never seen a double coupon at any publix or anyplace else. When we lived in Houston, it seems like almost every grocery offered double coupons. By the way, did everyone get the Sunday paper, it had several absolutely free item coupons. I love those even it's an item that I would never use, I just add it to my "help someone in need" boxes.

Pam,

You never seen to amaze me, having a family of 5 I am always looking for ways to save money but you seem to have gotten it down to an art. Please keep posting on how to grab these great deals. Any web sites I should know about that will help teach me on how to get the best prices and what to look for? Gottadeal has been a huge blessing so far but I know there is more out there.

Can we start a thread with those sites or would we have to trade that information through private message?

Thanks again Pam!!!!

I was unable to find the coupons for the Muellers either. I almost didn't find the My Pyramid booklet. They were not with the Greenwise and other sale paper and books, but were in a cardboard display by the customer service desk.

Krissy904 mentioned several free items, what were they? Are they using Publix sale this week? I would like to know before I head over there today, if possible.

No pyramid booklet here, but when I went in Kroger this morning to get milk, I found $3 off 5 Mueller's blinkies :) I had some before, but they expired, so I was glad to pick these up. I already have about 30 boxes of pasta ( down from 120!!) but making money I can't pass them up! Looks like I will be headed to Publix tonight before the sale ends.

Are the applesauce cups and the bigger bottles of juice from the week that's ending, or the week that's starting? Our Publix weekly flyer runs Thursday to Wednesday, and there's no Motts in the one ending today at all.

Crissy, where did you look for the pyramid booklets? At the Gator Town Publix' I found them at, they were in a cardboard display by the large displays of items on special that is set up by the front door.

Would you like me to snail mail you some booklets if you can't find them? It will be too late for the current specials ending Friday, but perhaps some other good sales will happe prior to the pyramid booklet coupons expire.

Are the applesauce cups and the bigger bottles of juice from the week that's ending, or the week that's starting? Our Publix weekly flyer runs Thursday to Wednesday, and there's no Motts in the one ending today at all.

Crissy, where did you look for the pyramid booklets? At the Gator Town Publix' I found them at, they were in a cardboard display by the large displays of items on special that is set up by the front door.

Would you like me to snail mail you some booklets if you can't find them? It will be too late for the current specials ending Friday, but perhaps some other good sales will happe prior to the pyramid booklet coupons expire.

Thanks for the offer Pam, but as it turns out, it WAS in my paper. Somehow I overlooked a coupon book & the pyramid book. That means I had a total of 6!! coupon books in my paper :) Too bad i only got 4 papers, lol. My ads run thurs-wed as well, and I believe the Motts deal starts today.

Oh, for some reason my stores take forever to put out the booklets, if they do at all. There have been several that I was never able to locate :(

Kewl, Crissy.

Don't forget the original Motts deal I posted, the 2-4-1 apple sauce for $1.69 and then use two of the $1.00 off coupon in the pyrmamid booklets is good through tomorrow, since the apple sauce is on sale in the holiday flyer through that date.

The Motts applesauce in the cups that is bogof comes up 1.10 so you only pay 10 cents after the coupon. The juice comes up to 1.36, so 35 cents after the coupon. Not as good as free for the jarred ones, but I didn't find the 'natural' sauce in the jar at my Publix and the cups they had in 'natural' (no sugar added). I prefer the cups anyway.

The Motts applesauce in the cups that is bogof comes up 1.10 so you only pay 10 cents after the coupon. The juice comes up to 1.36, so 35 cents after the coupon. Not as good as free for the jarred ones, but I didn't find the 'natural' sauce in the jar at my Publix and the cups they had in 'natural' (no sugar added). I prefer the cups anyway.

I can understand that, if you couldn't find the natural in the jars. I don't need the added sugar that's in the other flavors.

I actually prefer the cups for individual servings as well. I use the jars for replacing oil in baked goods. So, I think I'll go get some of those cups as well.

Finally found the pyramid books. Got so much for almost nothing:yup: Thanks!!

The Perdue ground chicken is on sale$1 off plus use the$1 coupon in book. There was a coupon in the paper Sunday for $1 off 2 packs as well. I gave in about 9 dollar off coupons included the one from the calendar. I counted 8 on the screen but the cashier said he only had 8. He was a sweet teenager so I didn't argue. I got a lot off already.