Hotel accomodations for family of 6

I used www.hotwire.com a couple of years ago when were going to be staying overnight during a trip and got a great deal on a room ~ The only drawback is that you don't know exactly what hotel it is until you confirm the deal but you have a pretty good idea since they break the types of hotels into categories.

Thanks for your replies....we have 6 children but 2 are now in college. This is why we gave up years ago and bought a camper for vacations....but an opportunity has come up that we can't utilize the camper...maybe there aren't any deals to be had in this instance!

OK, Daysinn.com will let you order with 4 adults and two kids. They have one near Tampa on Feb 12th (I just picked a random weekday in Feb.) for 59.49 a night. They have free high speed internet, allow pets and have a pool and restaurant as well. I hope that helps.

We have stayed at Tradewinds Resort in St. Pete's beach. A great family resort with lots of pools and onsite ammenities that cater to families!! We got a Jr Suite that could sleep 6 and had a fridge and microwave for $139 a night! Don't forget...if you have AAA to use your discount.

We have found that when we take our Grandkids booking online is not a good idea. If you call the hotel you can get a great price at the same hotels that online will not let you book. We stayed at a brand new Holiday Inn last year about 20 mins from the park with 4 kids in our room, a two room suite for 69.00 a night. Free breakfast, pool and hot tub!! We did ask about not booking online and they said that online they cannot ever book more than 2 children per room.

I have 4 kids too. We almost always have to get two rooms.

Well - I have four kids and they only make me get one room since they are small. I always price the room for 4 adults on orbitz or expedia and then call the hotel directly to ask if it's OK. We usually get a room with 2 Queen sized beds and a roll away cot. The little three sleep in one bed and the oldest gets the cot. It's really up to the hotel and the age of your kid. I usually ask them with one would they like to sleep on their own - the 3 yr old or the 7 yr old? I haven't run into any problems yet. :)

If I had a family that size, I would consider buying one of the Entertainment Books offered for Tampa ... It costs $20.00 but can probably pass that easily in savings if you think you will be dining out... guess it might depend on how long you are traveling as well...

just a thought to offer!

http://tampa.entertainment.com/discount/local.shtml?location=tampa%20fl

Oh thanks for the book tip. DH and I were there last July for medical reasons and it looks like we wll be back in Feb or March.Also to the OP make sure if you are going to be in downtown or Ybor city much that you print the trolley info off line. You can buy an all day pass for $4 I think here is the link

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/

It also has a listing of all the stops in large print so you can see what close to where! If you get a break from the kids while you are there check out Carmines in Ybor city! YUM