Suggestions for cologne for 17 yo

One of my G'son is just coming into his "manhood". He likes smelling good. Anyone know what the boys/young men are wearing these days.? And maybe where I can get some/samples to start would be good. He also is just starting to shave. I see the samples,etc for girls ,anything like that for boys?

Thanks & HAPPY NEW YEAR.!!

My 18 yr old dd says all the guys that where AXE smell great. A&F is good and Hollister has a good one too. AXE is probably cheaper.

You can probably even get AXE gift sets on clearance right now. I know our Wal-Marts had them. My 16 y/o also likes Lacoste Essentials, Adidas Moves, Curve Soul, the colognes from Abercrombie, American Eagle & Aeropostale (those all smell the same to me) as well as scented body washes.

I got 4 AXE gift sets at the 50% off christmas sale at Walmart. Different scents too. I just put them away for future gifts for my son and/or his friends.

I also got 2 different Antonio Banderas cologne sets at Walarmart (75% off). Surprisingly they smell great

My son likes Crush(avaiable at macy type stores.) and if you go in they will love to give you samples, etc. I know here in southern cal, the A+E brands are considered for girls and gays. boys can be so aware of what their peers think that I would watch what I buy.

My 18 yr old dd says all the guys that where AXE smell great. A&F is good and Hollister has a good one too. AXE is probably cheaper.

Axe has cologne now or just the body spray? I wouldn't recommend trying to wear Axe as a cologne -- it just doesn't work.