Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

this weekend we found Mall Madness for $7.xx just sitting in an aisle, no others around and didn't find any in toys, my girls are in heaven, they wanted this at Christmas but didn't get it

Lots on clearance but not much I needed so didn't pay much attention.

I found this stroller today for only $12.48:

I went out looking for this today and got so excited when I saw the sign above some altura strollers, but upon scanning realized they were the Cosco altura, not the Safety First (they scanned at $49.99). Was very annoyed that the sign was left up above them. When I called a clerk over to see if they had anymore in stock out back she just took the sign down and said "no, we put all our clearance out on the floor".

Did manage to find a couple of those blue boxed "Kool Kidz" toys for %75 off. They were gone a long time ago, but it looked like someone just recently returned some unopened (one still had a piece of X-mas wrapping paper on it)

Oh, a tip to anyone who is looking for one of those toddler sized ready beds - they are awesome to take on vacation - the kind with the sleeping bag that goes over the mattress. If you find the Spiderman ones or the Dora the Explorer ones in your store (they are with the sporting goods), and they ring up item not found on the scanner, then you can get them for $6.96!!

Just take them to customer service or get someone who knows how to use their little gun scanners (PDT) and have them look it up using the Not On File function. If they are not able to get a price when they try it, ask them to find someone who knows how to do the Not On File Function with it. The guy who manages one of the SG departments at a local store explained this to me. He says a lot of employees don't know how to use them correctly - but we don't want to tick them off so they won't help us. :-) Anyway, I have found them at all 5 of my local Target stores, and they are all $6.96. But only Dora & Spiderman.

Thanks! For those looking, I found these at my local WM for thirty something... sorry can't remember the actual price. I did not know if this was a good deal or not.

At the least it looks like it will at least be a decent 512 mb mp3 player. But, beware, the reviews on Amazon are not favorable at all for this item, and it does not sound like something that a small child could use easily:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Mix-Max-Player-Musical/dp/B000KOUD3A/sr=8-1/qid=1169602092/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9168832-2503109?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

The one i saw looks like the one in the Amazon link I just posted.

I found an endcap of those, however they had a big sign of $149.00.

Did you see a price of $44.00 on the endcap or did you just happen to scan the television yourself.

I don't really know because it was my teacher's aide that found them. I really don't think she would scan them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/beccah84/PMM.jpg

Aren't these actually the ones on clearance for $49.98?? This is the Disney Mix Max sells for $99.99 on Disney.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/beccah84/DMS.jpg

This is the Mix Stick that sells for $49.99 regularly on Disney.

The pictures on the "stix" are different, but they're essentially the same thing. The non-video versions (which I found on both electronics and stationary clearance endcaps) are $25 and the video versions are $50 (both 50% off). I picked up a non-video Tinkerbell and a HS Musical for my 2 dd's at $25, but plan on getting the video (or re-buying/returning the others) if I catch them at 75% off (wish I knew when!!). The "clips" with movies on them were down to $10.

I also found one Target that didn't have them on clearance - drives me crazy.....

I have been waiting for these to drop down further - but after reading the Amazon reviews, I think I'll pass.

I get less picky about the reviews when the price is right ;) I'm holding on to these until Easter, but I'll let you know then if they're as bad as people say.

I have been waiting for these to drop down further - but after reading the Amazon reviews, I think I'll pass.

The Disney Mix Max Video [not the Mix Stick] has great reviews.

My daughter [9yo] has the blue chrome one and she loves it.

I have been able to find the video and music clips on ebay and at TRU.

I do not know anything about the Mix Stick but we have had no problems with the Mix Max Video Player.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/beccah84/PMM.jpg

Aren't these actually the ones on clearance for $49.98?? This is the Disney Mix Max sells for $99.99 on Disney.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/beccah84/DMS.jpg

This is the Mix Stick that sells for $49.99 regularly on Disney.

These are also on clearance at the targets around my area here in KC, MO for $49.98. Still way to high for me to buy. They've been at that price for approx. 3 weeks now, so it should be almost anytime now that they lower it. Still have 25 or more hanging up on the shelf.

Thanks everyone for your answers, what age range are these for? I got a nano for my 16 yr and of course now DSs 8 and 6 want a mp3 player to, I think with bdays coming up may hold them w/o me worrying so much about them being as fragile. Suggestions?

I bought them for my 6 and 9 year olds. They seem pretty hardy - flash drive MP3's usually are.

Just out of curiousity.. were those Graco travel systems marked at that price, or

did you have to scan it to see that low price?

Im going to have to tell everyone I know to keep an eye out for that stuff (for me), cuz

I'm not able to go all the time. We live @ 20-25 min away from target :(

The one I bought was marked at that price, but rang up $42 dollars at the register. A manager fixed it right away though.

However, I did go to a different Target today and saw the exact same travel systems, and they were only marked down to $110!! The Evenflo one was $90.98 I was shocked!! I can't believe I got such a great deal. It's amazing how all the Target stores differ from one another on price. The parents baby gate at that location was still only marked $34.

I will say though, that in my experience this particular Target is always way behind in clearancing items out compared to the other one I frequent.

The one I bought was marked at that price, but rang up $42 dollars at the register. A manager fixed it right away though.

However, I did go to a different Target today and saw the exact same travel systems, and they were only marked down to $110!! The Evenflo one was $90.98 I was shocked!! I can't believe I got such a great deal. It's amazing how all the Target stores differ from one another on price. The parents baby gate at that location was still only marked $34.

I will say though, that in my experience this particular Target is always way behind in clearancing items out compared to the other one I frequent.

I also went to the 3 targets in my area. The First target which was the closest, I purchased the Eddie Bauer Tandem Stroller for $34.98 (orig. $130) and the Evenflo Expressions High Chair for $17.48 (orig. $70). The prices were marked on the items. The other 2 Targets I went to didn't even have much of a clearance on anything in the baby section. I actually coulda returned the 2 items for regular price, if I had no morals! I agree it's amazing how different the Targets Clearance is.

itzjussmee - hey where in KCMO do you live? What Targets do you go to most? I live in S. Olathe and KCTraderbear who posts on this board lives in Overland Park. It would be great if we could get a network together and let each other know about great deals at each of the Targets - that is if you guys feel like sharing info.

Oh, a tip to anyone who is looking for one of those toddler sized ready beds - they are awesome to take on vacation - the kind with the sleeping bag that goes over the mattress. If you find the Spiderman ones or the Dora the Explorer ones in your store (they are with the sporting goods), and they ring up item not found on the scanner, then you can get them for $6.96!!

Just take them to customer service or get someone who knows how to use their little gun scanners (PDT) and have them look it up using the Not On File function. If they are not able to get a price when they try it, ask them to find someone who knows how to do the Not On File Function with it. The guy who manages one of the SG departments at a local store explained this to me. He says a lot of employees don't know how to use them correctly - but we don't want to tick them off so they won't help us. :-) Anyway, I have found them at all 5 of my local Target stores, and they are all $6.96. But only Dora & Spiderman.

thanks! i paid $25 for a cars one a few months ago. ds slept on it on our vacation, i'd love to pick up another for dd. definately going today to check it out, i know i saw dora there on an endcap the other day.

Thanks everyone for your answers, what age range are these for? I got a nano for my 16 yr and of course now DSs 8 and 6 want a mp3 player to, I think with bdays coming up may hold them w/o me worrying so much about them being as fragile. Suggestions?

My 5 & 7yo DDs got these for Christmas. They both got the video versions. The yare both pretty hard on them, and use them alot. We have had no issues. And I would definately not say the are fragile, as I have a 2yo son who also thiks he can use it, lol. I would reccomend them very highly. And the expandability on them is great. You can use up to a 2gig SD card. We only have 1gig, and have not even come close to filling them up. I only wish I could find the nmovies on clearance here. My Target just doesnt have any, they only had 5 or so during Christmas :(

As far as age ranges, my 5yo uses it no problems. I'd say they are good for up to any age until it really "matters" to have an ipod (as in...its the cool thing ot do :) )

At the least it looks like it will at least be a decent 512 mb mp3 player. But, beware, the reviews on Amazon are not favorable at all for this item, and it does not sound like something that a small child could use easily:

My kids and quite a few of their friends have them and they are GREAT! Very easy to use and great for the price. The regular one as well as the video one are both GREAT! I wish my store would mark them down, I'd like to upgrade my dd's to the mix max.

I just got back from target and I have to vent a little. I saw the dora the explorer mattress and they where marked 19.58 but when I scanned it the screen said Item not found. Went to customer service and they scanned all four on the shelf which said item not found. They would not reduce it any more. Hopefully these will go down again in my area. I was able to find a v-tech nitro laptop for 12.48, cars bike helmet for 9.98 I know this is only 50% off but my DS really wanted one and I did not want to risk it being sold out. I also found a really cute velour jacket and pants for my DD these where on the clearance rounder but had no sticker so I scanned them the pants where 1.98 and the jacket 2.48.

Just some info I bought my 9 year old niece the tinkerbell mix-stix and she absolutely loves it. Hopefully the music chips will go on clearance before her bday next month. If anyone sees this in the west palm beach area please let me know.

rke

I get less picky about the reviews when the price is right ;) I'm holding on to these until Easter, but I'll let you know then if they're as bad as people say.

I bought my DD this Disney mix stick(non video one) and it is awesome.Im not sure of the reviews you read but hers works great.Very well made and very easy to use.It is quite loud to.I was very impressed with it.I would recommend it to anyone.