Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Does anyone know if the Rocky River, Ohio store is going to clearance their merchandise before the move to Fairview Park, just about 1/2 mile down the road. The new store is scheduled to open the last week of July. Do the stores usually clearance or move their merchandise. Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know for sure, but at one time it was mentioned that the old store will do an extra % off the already clearanced prices before the store closes. The regular priced merchandise will stay at regular price. I don't remember if this is done in the weeks before, or the days before.

I went last night and bought a "wicker" set. I was in there for about an hour and then had to wait a little longer for my dh to arrive with his truck....I couldn't believe all the sets that were being sold in the hour and a half that I was there. I was there on Tuesday and there was at least twice as much. I was hoping something I really want would be left at 75%, but I doubt it. Anyone know how long they wait before marking it to 75% off?

Also, has anyone tried to use the expired $50 off patio furniture during the clearance? I was going to try, but my total was only $240.

Does anyone know if the Rocky River, Ohio store is going to clearance their merchandise before the move to Fairview Park, just about 1/2 mile down the road. The new store is scheduled to open the last week of July. Do the stores usually clearance or move their merchandise. Any info would be appreciated.

When our Target moved to the Super Target 3 days before they closed they had a big sign as you entered that said "75% off Anything that has a red sticker price on it". This meant the clearance tags and the long red and white tag items. So if it had a mark down sticker it was 75% MORE off the lowest price. You should have seen people going crazy (me included teheheh) I got a dvd vcr recorder player that was 199.00 marked down to 109.00 and I got it for 29.XX. The regular stuff was going to be shipped to other stores because the Super Target was stocking with all new stuff. I will keep my fingers crossed that your store does the same thing. Good luck!!!

I have to share this with my Target friends here -

I was interviewed for our local newspaper as I was checking out our newest shopping center. They asked me quite a lot of questions, but here's what was in the paper -- "she's really excited about Target opening July 29"! So true!!

and the dollar spot is a mess.....wonder what is going on there?

I was told today that the dollar spot went back up to a $1.00 because some of the new stuff also had a black spot on it (which is what the 75% off had)so corporate called and said put it all back up to $1.00. Monday I had picked up a couple of books that I had not seen there before but it was a black dot and they gave it to me for 75% off because they were told all black dots. Now I know why I hadnt seen them before!!!

Jacksonville people.....Regency location still has lots of 50% off patio stuff and I talked to the person in Toys and they are getting ready to do a large reset......He said there would be lot of clearance very soon!

Jacksonville people.....Regency location still has lots of 50% off patio stuff and I talked to the person in Toys and they are getting ready to do a large reset......He said there would be lot of clearance very soon!

Yes, that is why they are doing the annual summer toy clearance that was mentioned recently. They do it every year in July/August. Nothing seemed to go down this week, though they may have added a few more items to the 30% off. I suspect that they may skip any additional interim markdowns and will go straight to 75% off. They did that 2 years ago. It was my first time really noticing the markdown schedule and I was in the store as they were marking toys that day. I had been watching some big Lego sets and got them all that day. It was my first big jackpot! So, definitely keep your eyes on the toys if you want to pre-buy for Christmas!

Yes, that is why they are doing the annual summer toy clearance that was mentioned recently. They do it every year in July/August. Nothing seemed to go down this week, though they may have added a few more items to the 30% off. I suspect that they may skip any additional interim markdowns and will go straight to 75% off. They did that 2 years ago. It was my first time really noticing the markdown schedule and I was in the store as they were marking toys that day. I had been watching some big Lego sets and got them all that day. It was my first big jackpot! So, definitely keep your eyes on the toys if you want to pre-buy for Christmas!

Oh i remembered that skip of markdowns, they were 30% one day and went in a few days later and it was 75% and of course nothing left. I would love to find some Lego sets for my son, that is all he wants for Christmas.

I saw on another thread that there are Kitchenaid baking dishes 75% off.

Can anyone tell me more about these baking dishes or have a dcpi # for them or know if there is a pic online? I have to get a birthday present for a friend that loves to cook that really needs baking stuff today! TIA :)

Can anyone tell me more about these baking dishes or have a dcpi # for them or know if there is a pic online? I have to get a birthday present for a friend that loves to cook that really needs baking stuff today! TIA :)

I bake a lot too, and if they are the ones I saw, they are too big and clunky. They are red with cream interiors, and they are heavy ceramic. They are sort of oddly shaped with oversized handles. I, personally, would not want them. They would be a pain to store. But that is me. If you search on Kitchenaid Cinnamon on the Target website, then scroll down, you can see the individual pans.

OOoooo thanks for posting this...I'm going to have to check my Target! I love this baking dishes...especially the pie one! The large handles on the sides would be great for pulling the pie out of the oven!

Oh i remembered that skip of markdowns, they were 30% one day and went in a few days later and it was 75% and of course nothing left. I would love to find some Lego sets for my son, that is all he wants for Christmas.

So if they a getting ready for a big reset as someone said, does that mean we should wait until Wednesdays to check, per the schedule on the 1st page of this, or check back before that? I have my eye on a ton of stuff that is still at 30% and I don't want to miss anything by waiting too long.

So if they a getting ready for a big reset as someone said, does that mean we should wait until Wednesdays to check, per the schedule on the 1st page of this, or check back before that? I have my eye on a ton of stuff that is still at 30% and I don't want to miss anything by waiting too long.

I would like to know what others think too!! I have been stopping by on my way to work and just checking a few items (I don't have much time) A few things are 50% but the Polly Pockets are still at 30% I would love to catch it at a lower price but I am watching the quantity as well. They have marked a lot more items down in the last two days at the new Target in Chesapeake VA.

Just got back from Target to stock up on baby food and found some other good deals (as I always seem to!) while I was there. Got DS a bunch of tees and younger DS matching onsies for .98 each. Lots of food items were marked down as well - I got splenda for under $2 (with mfr coupon) and a bunch of muffin mix pouches for .50 each. I also noticed most of the patio furniture was all stacked in big boxes and marked down to 50%, but there were a few outdoor firepits for 75% off ($75 - normally $300). Wish I had the extra money for that! Tons of toys on clearance, too, not just the endcaps, but in the aisles as well.

I would like to know what others think too!! I have been stopping by on my way to work and just checking a few items (I don't have much time) A few things are 50% but the Polly Pockets are still at 30% I would love to catch it at a lower price but I am watching the quantity as well. They have marked a lot more items down in the last two days at the new Target in Chesapeake VA.

Well, I can tell you from experience that it is a risk. Sometimes you just plain lose out. I personally would check both Wednesday and Thursday, and I would check in the morning and a bit later in the afternoon. If you check in the morning and they aren't done, you can always ask someone doing price changes (just listen as you walk around - or check the list on page 1 to see where they ought to be) if they have already done toys or not. They'll tell you. They may not tell you if they are going to do them, but they'll tell you when they have done it already that day. If they don't do it this week, you can bet they will next. I REALLY think they'll drop straight on down to 75%, but I have been wrong before (once, I think it was 5 years ago...just kidding).

If you REALLY don't want to miss out on something you can at least TRY my trick. Last round I bought two each of the Batman Legos I wanted at 30% off. A lot to lay out, but worth it, I thought. Well, I waited until the day they marked them to 75% off and returned them at 8:30am. The particular store I chose to return them to gets their returns back on the sales floor pretty fast, so I returned an hour later (DS had a school program, so I just stopped by after), and saw that they were still in the customer service area. I went to the restroom and came out JUST as the lady was pushing the cart back to toys. I approached and said, "oh, are you putting those back on the shelf?" Yes. "Well, can I just have them? I was going to go back and look for the." No problem! Thanks, that means I don't have to put them back!

A little underhanded, but they were running low at 30%, and I didn't want to miss them all. I got VERY lucky, but I have done similar things in the past from time to time with similar luck. I have also lost some of the things I wanted, so it is a judgment call. You can always try returning one set and holding the second and see if you get them at the lower price. Then return the second set.

I am sure some folks on here think I am awful for doing this, but c'est la vie.

On my calendar from years past, the big toy sell off and the big sandal sell off (all 75%) should be around the 25th-26th-27th. I noted that they both happened the same week. That doesn't necessarily mean anything cause different Targets do it differently, but I think there was another big markdown in summer shoes Wednesday of this week (with everything going to at least 50% off). So I'm anticipating that in a couple more weeks ALL summer shoes will go. The summer toy sell off is (in my opinion) way better than the after Christmas sell off. I figure it must be that not many people are shopping around for toys during this time cause it's more back to school. I've always had great luck with toys during this time. Hope this helps someone.

The summer toy sell off is (in my opinion) way better than the after Christmas sell off. I figure it must be that not many people are shopping around for toys during this time cause it's more back to school. I've always had great luck with toys during this time. Hope this helps someone.

:yup: :yup: :yup: I wholeheartedly agree.

I didn't calendar it, but I know that it caught be off guard last year because it seemed a bit late. I think our store was the first week of August instead of the last of July. I was getting ready to go out of town, and I was mildly panicked about missing out. I guess that's how you know you're an addict...

I bought the baby food today, though here all the stage ones are in 2 packs for 82 cents, so, not quite the 2 cent deal, but 32 cents a pack (for 2 though!), these are the plastic cups with the peal off lids I suppose, as I bought these for a baby shower gift add on for my SIL.

Anyway, the biggest deal I found was in the Pantene section of the Shampoo Isle. I was using the b1g1 coupon from last sundays paper with the target $1 off 2 when I saw the target brand "Pro-Vitamin conditioner with Amino proteins" and the shelf tag says 43 cents!!!

So I hardley can believe my eyes and I scan a bottle, and yes, it was true! 43 cents.

These were not a red tag clearance, but on the shelf, regular price.

The bottle is 400ml - 13.5 fl oz

it is a pearly white with a purple and white label #063021746

I think the other varieties were like $1.89, but now I am not certain.

The other deals I found was

the Bissell Flip ease 11.87

plastic cups, plates and bowls all 75% (some had a hawaiin design)

bought the kitchenaid rectangle and pie plate (the heavy red and cream ones, Thank you OP) these will make a great housewarming gift for my nephew and his fiancee (with recipes from moi)

there was also lots of jersey knit sheet sets, I bought a full size in navy for 4.98, there was also some cream ones and red ones, lots of sizes and there were other sheet sets as well some had stripes ans some had a hawaiin looking flower motif to them for 75%

This was at the target Pavillions

in Scottsdale, AZ 101 and Indian Bend

I LOVE THIS LIST,

Alison

Scottsdale, AZ

bought the kitchenaid rectangle and pie plate (the heavy red and cream ones, Thank you OP) these will make a great housewarming gift for my nephew and his fiancee (with recipes from moi)

This was at the target Pavillions

in Scottsdale, AZ 101 and Indian Bend

I LOVE THIS LIST,

Alison

Scottsdale, AZ

Would you happen to have the DCPI for this cookware?? Thanks!

Found these deals at Target tonight:

Rubbermaid stainless steel padded step stool 4.98 (was 20)

2 very nice surge protectors with bonus co-axial and phone cables 4.98 (was 20)

Wesson oil .98 (was 1.98)

Pillsbury chocolate frosting .23 after manf. coupon

Large bags of Nestle chocolate chips 2.24 (50% off)

Baking squares of chocolate 50% off

The Replacements DVD 1.86 (was 7.xx)

Lots of shoes on clearance 50-75% off

Nestle formula 20%more cans 15.74 (30% off)

Some toys 50% off- Leap Pad Books, Leapster game Numbers on the Run,

Playskool Electronic Doctors Kit, Spiderman bug vacuum, and a lot more I can't remember

Any idea when those big boxes of diapers and wipes that are on special purchase might go on clearance? I could really use a good deal on those!

Any idea when those big boxes of diapers and wipes that are on special purchase might go on clearance? I could really use a good deal on those!

Anyone remember what goes in that section before Halloween? I can't recall at all. That might well be the next section, so it might be a few weeks yet. Seems odd that they'd keep that stuff in there that long, but it is possible. Unless they have some sort of back to school stuff that goes in there in the meantime. If they do that, then it would need to happen soon. The Halloween stuff shows up around the first of September. Generally right after Labor Day if I remember right.