Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

reading this site. I grabbed my car keys and ran to Target but did not find any of these bargins :mad: But did get a doogy coat for my dog for 2.50 and a cute t shirt for a christmas gift. so it was not a wasted trip just not as good of a sale as some.:gdparanoid:

Yeah, you have to get there close to the time you see the posting or they are gone....

If you have pets, the Fosters and Smith pet food is on clearance, they are not going to carry it any longer. I really recommend this pet food--we mail order it for our Standard Poodle. Really good quality, no problems. And if you need advice, the people at Fosters and Smith are great. I saw that cat food at our local Target for 50% off--endcap at the back of the pet aisle.

yesterday i found a 30 pack of full size candy bars (baby ruth, butterfinger, nestle cruch, nestle crunch carmel and 1000 grand) - i guess they were left over from Halloween but they must have had 20 packages of them out on the end cap in the food area...(not a Super Target though) - anyway, they were marked down from $13 to $6.24 so i snagged a box for stocking stuffers!

The Grove City one opened in October. Its on the southeast corner of Stringtown across the sidestreet from Walmart

awesome - thanks for the info. i usually shop the one off of Brice Rd. it may be a while for the Grove City one to get clearance since they just opened, i would guess?? they keep talking about moving the one at Brice over to 256 in pickerington, but haven't done so yet.

I stopped at Target today intending to purchase a few items that are in the 2 day after Thanksgiving ad. Before I made my purchase, I wanted to confirm with customer service that they would price adjust during that sale. The girl told me that she didn't think so but that she would check with a manager. The manager told her that they would not price adjust anything during that sale. I'm not sure if this is just my Target, but you might want to check at yours before next Friday if you are planning on getting any price adjustments.

So, does anybody know how real this "buy before black friday and return that day for price adjustment" theory is? I really want the kodak camera, but that's really all I'm interested in, so I don't want to wait in line just for that:rolleyes: LOL thanks for any help

That's what mine told me when I tried that 2 years ago. I even asked if he would call corporate and double check and he told me no. I got home and called corporate and they apologized. It's such a hassle to do that and they normally have enough of everything and if they don't they'll give you a raincheck unless it's a "special purchase" and you won't find those on the shelves before BF anyway.

So, does anybody know how real this "buy before black friday and return that day for price adjustment" theory is? I really want the kodak camera, but that's really all I'm interested in, so I don't want to wait in line just for that:rolleyes: LOL thanks for any help

Just last year I bought 3 of the digital picture frames that they had featured on the front page of their black friday ad. I bought them on Tues or Wed (I think) right before black friday. I took the receipt in and had no problems getting an adjustment, but you have to go in during the day/time that the item is on sale.

I've been looking for a couple of things that I'd like to get ahead of time, but I'm not finding any of them at my Target stores. I'm not sure when they stock the shelves with the black friday stuff (particularly electronics), but so far, they don't have the Nintendo bundle out OR the 10" portable DVD.

Maybe this is the year that they will follow Walmart and not put some of their stuff out until black friday. I don't know. Anything could happen I suppose. Maybe they have a new policy against price adjustments since last year. Maybe (like so many "policies") it depends on the individual store. All our stores around here are super nice about coupons/ returns, etc. I haven't come across some of the difficulties that many on this forum speak about. But, it could happen to me any day I'm sure!:eek:

Last year they had a Kodak also and I checked online on Thanksgiving and got it there. Saved me the hassle of waiting in line. It was black friday priced and everything. I found out it was there by watching the page Brad and the others were updating showing you what was online to buy already. Hope this helps!

It is their policy. I posted an email in the Target BF thread. If you want just email them at Target.com asking. Then you can print out the email and take it with you when you get it price adjusted. Last year was my first year doing this so I took a print-out of the email with me ready for a fight. but nope, no questions asked they just did it :)

whoohooo!!~~ i can finally post :) i have run out many times after reading your posts to find nothing.......:(

but went today in search of itemsfor holiday shop for the kids at school

picked up 6 pink soccer balls 3.24 each (14.99 reg), 3 purses 3.24 each (14.99 reg), a michigan state pennant for 74 cents (??reg price), and 4 baseball caps (sox?team cant remember......) 2.62 each reg price 12.99. not bad all items need to even out to three dollars or less so i think i did pretty good !!

also seen the baby items mentioned above in the other posts, this store had three strollers and also an endcap with the presto sandwich makers for 6.98 -- michigan store, haggarty road/8mile

Maybe this is the year that they will follow Walmart and not put some of their stuff out until black friday. I don't know. Anything could happen I suppose. Maybe they have a new policy against price adjustments since last year. Maybe (like so many "policies") it depends on the individual store. All our stores around here are super nice about coupons/ returns, etc. I haven't come across some of the difficulties that many on this forum speak about. But, it could happen to me any day I'm sure!:eek:

Nope. I am already seeing end caps that are clearly being set up for BF. I know a number of items that are planned for the sale, and they are what they are stocking heavily on endcaps.

whoohooo!!~~ i can finally post :) i have run out many times after reading your posts to find nothing.......:(

picked up 6 pink soccer balls 3.24 each (14.99 reg), 3 purses 3.24 each (14.99 reg), a michigan state pennant for 74 cents (??reg price), and 4 baseball caps (sox?team cant remember......) 2.62 each reg price 12.99. not bad all items need to even out to three dollars or less so i think i did pretty good !!

also seen the baby items mentioned above in the other posts, this store had three strollers and also an endcap with the presto sandwich makers for 6.98 -- michigan store, haggarty road/8mile

Hi Neighbor!! I hit that store too! I also hit the Canton one. Good to see someone close by!

awesome - thanks for the info. i usually shop the one off of Brice Rd. it may be a while for the Grove City one to get clearance since they just opened, i would guess?? they keep talking about moving the one at Brice over to 256 in pickerington, but haven't done so yet.

i think they still are sometime next year or so...i remeber reading something about that...heck they could be in the process of building right now...havent been to 256...brice is nice cuz so many stores in one area...

Originally Posted by wendygraham

whoohooo!!~~ i can finally post i have run out many times after reading your posts to find nothing.......

Great finds. I am in the Dearborn area, but I get out there as well, but I have to say it...even 74 cents is too much to pay for a MSU pennant! Go Wolverines!:)

It is their policy. I posted an email in the Target BF thread. If you want just email them at Target.com asking. Then you can print out the email and take it with you when you get it price adjusted. Last year was my first year doing this so I took a print-out of the email with me ready for a fight. but nope, no questions asked they just did it :)

Thanks for the info, I will do that:)

Im further to the Northwest of you both!! :) Lansing area!~

Wow, lots of "Michiganders" lol on here! Go south and you'll find me in Kalamazoo!! And being that I grew up in Lansing I'll be buying the State pendant lol. Although it kills me that I did buy a really cool Wolverine cup for a die hard fan, BFF husband for Christmas!! Funny thing though almost all State was sold out and lots of Wolverines to be found haha. However I root for the school not the sports.....

Two years ago, I went crazy and spent about $600 dollars at Target on BF items, a few days before BF. I walked into the store that Friday about 10 am and gave them my receipt and they adjusted over $350 to me without a problem. I think the key is getting there during the two day sale. As other posters said, they can't refuse, it is their policy. If for some reason you run into problems, ask for a manager!

just letting you know at several targets in my area they have put out games for all systems again (same as you out a couple weeks ago and when i went back they were gone.....) i just seen them there at the beginning of the week (tues?) and they had a whole endcap with them --can't remember the names of the games--sorry!~ i just glanced prices were still in the 20.XX range.....i was looking for better bargains~~

wendy