Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I checked the toys yesterday and our clearance area was bare. Hardly anything there at all. I did find a couple of good deals on belts that I desperatly needed. I found a brown belt for $3.74 regularly priced $17.99 and a black belt for $3.13 regulary priced $14.99. I was pleased with that. :)

There are TONS of markdowns in my store.... mainly because they are just now getting to marking down stuff that has been gone for weeks in your stores..

I like it though - I can see what is on clearance everywhere else and know what to watch for here!!

I am so excited I can hardly type...

My stores are about 6 weeks behind everyone else on the clearance stuff :gdclock: - so when everyone was talking about the Harry Potter legos a while back, I went to my store and they were still full price $89.xx. There were about 12 of them on the shelf, so I moved one down a little bit and mixed it in with the Star Wars ones. :gdparanoid:

Yesterday (since I know that toys get marked down on Wednesday) I went to check on these. There were still 8 of them on the shelf, but they were still $68.xx. No markdown yet. This morning I was there at 8:00 when the doors opened and there were NONE!!! :eek: How could this be? I was there last night when they closed and there 8 of them.

Soooo - I took mine out from the Star Wars sets, price checked it and sure enough ... $22.48! :woot2: I took it to the register and the cashier looked at me with this awful look on her face and said, "Where did you find this?" I just sort of giggled and said I had been watching it for months. :giggle: She said that she had rang up 8 of them already this morning for the employees and they had told her there weren't any more! :sidesplit

Oh well...:g_shrug:

You are too funny! Good for you!

Guest online_assistan
I worked at a Herbergers (was part of saks 5th ave.) now they are bostons I think. Anyways, we the employees marked down all the clearance in our areas and around the store. Before the store opened we would have most of the stuff on hold for us to pick up at our break. I remember getting lenox crystal picture frames for .99 cents and 25% off of that. Originally 100.00 frames ;) I could go on for days on the bargains I got... Beats working at these places just for the bargains ;)

I worked at a Herbergers (was part of saks 5th ave.) now they are bostons I think. Anyways, we the employees marked down all the clearance in our areas and around the store. Before the store opened we would have most of the stuff on hold for us to pick up at our break. I remember getting lenox crystal picture frames for .99 cents and 25% off of that. Originally 100.00 frames ;) I could go on for days on the bargains I got... Beats working at these places just for the bargains ;)

Yeah, but Target employees aren't allowed to do that before the store opens, at least that is what I have been told by them. They are supposed to wait until they get a break. I have a couple of cashiers I am friendly with. When I see something clearance I think they might want, I take it to their register and then "change my mind." They always appreciate it.

Guest online_assistan
Just came from target same old stuff :( All the small college refigerators were all gone of course when I didnt need one there were 5 of them 2 days ago. I don't know if anyone needs a couch cover but they have the 07 college decorative tapestry 90" x 108" they are awesome and marked down to 4.98 though I have some hidden for the next markdown ;)

Yeah, but Target employees aren't allowed to do that before the store opens, at least that is what I have been told by them. They are supposed to wait until they get a break. I have a couple of cashiers I am friendly with. When I see something clearance I think they might want, I take it to their register and then "change my mind." They always appreciate it.

I am not sure about this rule/policy but did want to mention that when I go into my local store when it opens, most of the stocking crew are on break. I realize this isn't the mark down crew but if they saw something, they could get it right then.

Besides, some of the fun is the hunt...and I would assume it is similar for the employees too. Although sometimes us darn customers buy something they want, I bet they get some nice stuff too...as they should.

Houston Galleria:

As of 11:00, they had 3 of the Harry Potter Lego sets--$22.xx. They were on an end cap in the sporting goods section.

There were also Greatland Gazebos, stadium seats 50% off

Bras & panties - 75% off.

Darn... I have checked and checked the two targets closest to me and cannot find any of the HP lego sets... my DS10 would go crazy for one of those, he is a lego maniac.....

I did however get a different gazebo at 75% off last week... it was originally 103.xx....

I keep checking the lego aisles and clearance endcaps each time we go to any target though, just in case... never know when one of you have hidden a stash that might come out of hiding one day :D I apparently look like a thief because I go in target and they watch me and follow me so I can't stash anything anyway... might be the big coupon book, they hate that... LOL

Okay, so you all inspired me to check one of my Targets for the Harry Potter and I found 2 of them. Scanned them and they were $62.85 or something around there. I didn't know if I should ask someone if it should be marked down further or what so I decided to put them back on the shelf (not necessarily where they belonged though).

At another Target, the pink Dyson's where starting to be clearanced out. Down to $339.15 I wonder how far down they'll go before they disappear.

Guest online_assistan

Houston Galleria:

As of 11:00, they had 3 of the Harry Potter Lego sets--$22.xx. They were on an end cap in the sporting goods section.

There were also Greatland Gazebos, stadium seats 50% off

Bras & panties - 75% off.

how much were the stadium seats @ 50% priced?

Last night I scored some Halloween craft sets for 50% off (2.48), scotch masking tape 85% off for .24 a roll, and some other buys. With the way these stores are marking down holiday items before the holiday, they are eliminating the need for day after shopping. Of course i'll still go, but i wouldn't have to :)

If anyone is able to get an extra HP Castle Lego at $23, would you mind picking me up one, I will pay for shipping and the item through Paypal. I have excellent feedback on ebay and Paypal. My son is really into Legos (hes 11) and for some reason we didn't get the HP ones and also the larger Star War ones??? Thanks, you can just PM if you have an extra

i haven't seen ANYTHING good at my targets and I have 3 within 20 min of my house... they all have a lot of the same stuff, but no legos, no cool toys, no good mark downs... they have a lot of Diego books or what looks like a book that comes with two jungle characters, so I don't even know what that is... but I wish they would discount some cool stuff!!!!

All kinds of Rowenta, Shark and Black and Decker Irons were 75% off. Black and Decker Blender 75% off. A few KitchenAid wood utensils and some dinnerware sets 75%. Revlon Hair Flat Iron 50%. Emergency Kits (Red Cross) 30%. Disney Scrapbooks still 30% here too :(

I'm in Southern Indiana/Louisville area.

If anyone else is willing to pick up 1 or 2 of the HP Lego Sets for me that would sure make my 2 DS (8 and 11) Christmas. I'd be willing to pay shipping. I tried to hide the sets our local store had when they were marked down to 62.XX, but they are gone now. I often joke that if Legos are ever recalled for lead paint - their rooms would be empty! They are huge fans.

Does anyone know when fire pit/fire bowls usually go on clearance again? My sister wants one from Target that is 99.00 this week and I don't know whether to buy or wait for a lower price. When do these usually get marked down? I know there were some marked down in the summer clearance a few months ago. Any chance of clearance again before Christmas? Thanks.

All kinds of Rowenta, Shark and Black and Decker Irons were 75% off. Black and Decker Blender 75% off. A few KitchenAid wood utensils and some dinnerware sets 75%. Revlon Hair Flat Iron 50%. Emergency Kits (Red Cross) 30%. Disney Scrapbooks still 30% here too :(

I'm in Southern Indiana/Louisville area.

which target do you shop at? I am also in your approximate area... was wondering if you had seen the HP lego sets at whichever ones you go to?

Today I found Archer Farms 24 oz Salsa for $1.48, Starkist Albacore Tuna packs for 1.24, a Huffy Basketball Backboard and stand for $54.98, and Revlon blow dryers for $10.38 and a doormat for $9.99-all 50% off. At 75% off, I found KitchenAid spatulas for $1.98, kitchen shears for $3.24 and a Delonghi Juicer for $6.24.

which target do you shop at? I am also in your approximate area... was wondering if you had seen the HP lego sets at whichever ones you go to?

I'm another Louisville area shopper. This week I looked at Hurstbourne and Springhurst and there were no HP sets at those two.

I am so excited I can hardly type...

My stores are about 6 weeks behind everyone else on the clearance stuff :gdclock: - so when everyone was talking about the Harry Potter legos a while back, I went to my store and they were still full price $89.xx. There were about 12 of them on the shelf, so I moved one down a little bit and mixed it in with the Star Wars ones. :gdparanoid:

Yesterday (since I know that toys get marked down on Wednesday) I went to check on these. There were still 8 of them on the shelf, but they were still $68.xx. No markdown yet. This morning I was there at 8:00 when the doors opened and there were NONE!!! :eek: How could this be? I was there last night when they closed and there 8 of them.

Soooo - I took mine out from the Star Wars sets, price checked it and sure enough ... $22.48! :woot2: I took it to the register and the cashier looked at me with this awful look on her face and said, "Where did you find this?" I just sort of giggled and said I had been watching it for months. :giggle: She said that she had rang up 8 of them already this morning for the employees and they had told her there weren't any more! :sidesplit

Oh well...:g_shrug:

OMG. I nominate this as the best post in the Target Oct thread. ROFL!

Yeah, me too! Actually, I'm about an hour to the West, but I have family in New Albany and we shop the Target right off the interstate (Spring St?).

I usually go to one on Veteran's Pkwy in Clarksville, but sometimes go to the New Albany store as well :)