Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

My Targets (I have 5 of them within a 20 mile radius) have LOTS of backpacks and lunch bags at 75% off, lots of notebooks and tons of Bic pens, but not a whole lot of anything else.

I didn't think to check the "College" stuff... I will have to check that today on the way home.

Still had backpacks left at 75% off. In the food section they had 3pks of Clorox wipes for 7.49 they were only 15% off. I think I will check on them later this week. Each one had 80 count in it. Also found the Choxie stuff and found a couple tins for a stocking. Will it still be good in Dec???

Still had backpacks left at 75% off. In the food section they had 3pks of Clorox wipes for 7.49 they were only 15% off. I think I will check on them later this week. Each one had 80 count in it. Also found the Choxie stuff and found a couple tins for a stocking. Will it still be good in Dec???

Where are you at in Oklahoma?

target had NO school stuff out anywhere! i did find the lip n slides for $3.xx, BIG water guns for $4.xxf, gazillion bubble bubble blowes $3.xx and to my shock i found a Durabuilt 1500 piece fastner set and instead of scanning it said $0.00 so i took it on to the register and it asked a price and the girl said "if the computer is dumb enough not to know a price i am gonna be dumb", amd she put in .01!!!!

I found some great deals today at Target. I bought some school supply 75% off. I found a fan 75% i paid 7.48 and a boys complete bed set pattern road work 75% off I paid 14.98 and the great find of the day is Haier 8,000 btu air conditioner 75% off I paid $42.48 for it.

Just a heads up for the people that bought those Target gardening toys that were clearanced last month, a bunch of the stuff was recalled check http://www.recalls.org/toy67-07.htm to see if you have any of the items.

I took a couple of these gardening tools to Target tonight and they didn't have any info on the recall. The lady at guest services said something about is was mentioned in a morning meeting but until they get numbers and such, to hold onto my stuff and come back later. Also, just got an email about another Thomas and Friends recall just issued, I think a piece from the Cranky the Crane set that was part of the last big toy clearance is on there. Check http://recalls.rc2.com

For sure I can tell you that the Sharpie markers come in a 24 pack and the new ones that are selling for full price are 25 packs. That may be one quick way to spot those. I just recognized the label maker and knew that was back to school.

Thanks for the good info... I went by my local Target and found the 24 pack in with the 25 pack spot, and it rang up for 75%. I also found a Dymo label maker in a Brother label maker spot. (It was the style with the keyboard design.) It rang up for $7 something, so I hope it was 75% off. I like getting a bargain!!

Other goodies, Two wing back chair slip covers for 75% off!! Just what I needed!!

I just love Target, and thanks to this forum I am finding so much better clearance that I normally would miss. Thanks, everyone!!

I just got back from Target with lots of sales! I cleaned them out of markers and mechanical pencils that my boss wanted me to get for her to take to India with her to give to an orphanage. $0.37/ 8 pack of markers. I also got some pillow cases from the dorm stuff gor $2 each, and a spiderman slip-n-slide for my Godson, reg. $20 for $4.98! Thanks for the heads up!

I was just at the 119th ST tonight at 5 p.m. and bought a bunch of crayons to give out for Halloween (what a great idea from this forum). Anyway, they had gobs and gobs and gobs left, so you should be able to get some tomorrow. Also, one of the workers was right in that area and he asked me if I wanted any backpacks cause they had lots more in the back. I told him only if he could find some Hello Kitty ones. He went back and they had more. I only needed one more, so you might expect even more back to school stuff to "come out of hidding!" I also combed the office supply aisle and found Sharpie markers and highlighters along with a label maker. They aren't marked, but if you just sort of look for the packages that don't quite fit with the new, full price stuff you may get lucky. I went and scanned them and they all scanned 75%, but they did not have orange stickers on them. For sure I can tell you that the Sharpie markers come in a 24 pack and the new ones that are selling for full price are 25 packs. That may be one quick way to spot those. I just recognized the label maker and knew that was back to school.

Yeah!! I finally got my .03 crayons I was after! :) They still had a bunch left!! I got 20 packs. Mainly for birthday goodie bags for DD's bday in the future, but also because I read where you can melt them in a muffin tin and make cool swirly crayon blocks for the kiddos. :) Haven't tried it yet, but am going to. I did run through the office aisle today too! I didn't look for long because I wasn't real sure what I was looking for. Oh well. Got a couple of 170 piece first aid kits marked down to $4.xx and a couple more lunch boxes. Not too shabby. I was happy. :cheesy:

today i got 7 of the 4 packs of puffs kleenex for 0.78 cents a package----dorm sheet set for 6.48

I have been looking for clearance kleenex. Is is the 4 packs that say Back to School? I always scan them at whichever Target I am in ( and I have been to six in the last couple weeks!) and never find them...

Thanks!

Thanks for the good info... I went by my local Target and found the 24 pack in with the 25 pack spot, and it rang up for 75%. I also found a Dymo label maker in a Brother label maker spot. (It was the style with the keyboard design.) It rang up for $7 something, so I hope it was 75% off. I like getting a bargain!!

Other goodies, Two wing back chair slip covers for 75% off!! Just what I needed!!

I just love Target, and thanks to this forum I am finding so much better clearance that I normally would miss. Thanks, everyone!!

Yes, those keyboard type label makers were regularly $30 (I think they were orange and white). I also found 2 of those marked down to $7.50. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks very cool.

I have been looking for clearance kleenex. Is is the 4 packs that say Back to School? I always scan them at whichever Target I am in ( and I have been to six in the last couple weeks!) and never find them...

Thanks!

The Kleenex packs have 4 boxes in them, but they are relatively skinny boxes. There are other Kleenex packs with 4 boxes as well, but the sale ones have skinnier boxes than the others. The Puffs also have 4 boxes in the pack, but I think (don't quote me) there are other Puffs boxes that also say back to school so you have to really scan to be sure you are getting the ultra cheap ones. The Puffs sale 4 packs have weird kid type designs on them. That's how I know which are which. The Clorox wipes are 2 packs with the label "one for home, one for school".

Yeah!! I finally got my .03 crayons I was after! :) They still had a bunch left!! I got 20 packs. Mainly for birthday goodie bags for DD's bday in the future, but also because I read where you can melt them in a muffin tin and make cool swirly crayon blocks for the kiddos. :) Haven't tried it yet, but am going to. I did run through the office aisle today too! I didn't look for long because I wasn't real sure what I was looking for. Oh well. Got a couple of 170 piece first aid kits marked down to $4.xx and a couple more lunch boxes. Not too shabby. I was happy. :cheesy:

don't melt it for too long it turns into a greenish color

The Thomas recall was ONLY for the WOODEN THOMAS, none of the diecast Thomas toys have been recalled....yet.

Yeah, it's becoming a common occurance checking out the kids toys every couple of weeks for recalled items. Almost makes me not want to hunt for clearanced toys...

I found 27 ct Bic Mechanical pencils hidden underneath piles of book covers for 75% off ($1.46). These are great to keep in the car for the kids as they like to draw and I don't have to worry about sharpening them. I didn't see any of the 5 meg Polaroid cameras that were on an endcap clearanced. Did they salvage them already? They had a display of regular priced ones (99.99) but I didn't check the packaging closely to see if they were the same ones, I know sometimes they mark things back to regular price. Anyone else still have these at their stores?

I am wanting just about the only thing in the music isle that isn't on clearance to go on clearance, I've been watching it all year! In fact, I think it was in the ad on sale last or this week. The electronic drum set but the kind that stands up that is over $200. I have one of the pad type ones where the drums are separated but I want to learn to play the drums and this seems to be a good option for me... If anyone sees them go on clearance can you let me know? Last year they had a drum set go on sale but I didn't think I had space, then a week later when I found out I was moving, they were gone :( It's something I've been wanting forever to try to learn but don't want to spend a whole lot on it! As I type this I'm thinking of things like buying it and then returning it every 3 months with that receipt etc until maybe it goes on clearance LMAO!!! I got one of the $100. gift cards in the light bulb deal and this is what I want to get with it!!

I'm also wondering if anyone has a list of the markers and colored pencils that were in the back to school so I can look in the office supply isle? I did find one pack of crayons there tonight and those twisting crayola colored pencils (the 12 on the packages is a little different, I just scanned both). Some have posted they wanted the composition books and that seems to be all my store has left, tons and tons of them for .12 cents!

Thanks for the reminder, I found several of the Sharpies had been put back in the regular aisle. They are 24 & 25 packs as you say. The 24 packs have a peachy colored one on the far right, too, that stands out.

What does the label maker look like? I don't think I ever saw them, so I am not sure what I am looking for. I have always wanted one, but always have been too cheap.

If you miss out at Target, watch the office supply store ads for the free after rebate ones. Office Depot seems to have them often, and I have seen them at Staples as well. Staples had them for about $4 AR 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!

I saw them last week, picked up a few, but they are out now at the stores I check. They were with the other packs of kleenex.

Shelley

I am wanting just about the only thing in the music isle that isn't on clearance to go on clearance, I've been watching it all year! In fact, I think it was in the ad on sale last or this week. The electronic drum set but the kind that stands up that is over $200. I have one of the pad type ones where the drums are separated but I want to learn to play the drums and this seems to be a good option for me... If anyone sees them go on clearance can you let me know? Last year they had a drum set go on sale but I didn't think I had space, then a week later when I found out I was moving, they were gone :( It's something I've been wanting forever to try to learn but don't want to spend a whole lot on it! As I type this I'm thinking of things like buying it and then returning it every 3 months with that receipt etc until maybe it goes on clearance LMAO!!! I got one of the $100. gift cards in the light bulb deal and this is what I want to get with it!!

I'm also wondering if anyone has a list of the markers and colored pencils that were in the back to school so I can look in the office supply isle? I did find one pack of crayons there tonight and those twisting crayola colored pencils (the 12 on the packages is a little different, I just scanned both). Some have posted they wanted the composition books and that seems to be all my store has left, tons and tons of them for .12 cents!

i glanced at an electronic drum set last night that was on clearance. it was reg price $199.98 and on clearance for like $119.XX. so u might want to start watching.

The Kleenex packs have 4 boxes in them, but they are relatively skinny boxes. There are other Kleenex packs with 4 boxes as well, but the sale ones have skinnier boxes than the others. The Puffs also have 4 boxes in the pack, but I think (don't quote me) there are other Puffs boxes that also say back to school so you have to really scan to be sure you are getting the ultra cheap ones. The Puffs sale 4 packs have weird kid type designs on them. That's how I know which are which. The Clorox wipes are 2 packs with the label "one for home, one for school".

My store had these clorox wipes for 2.98 about 2 weeks ago. I got 3 packs. :smirk:

I didn't see any of the 5 meg Polaroid cameras that were on an endcap clearanced. Did they salvage them already? They had a display of regular priced ones (99.99) but I didn't check the packaging closely to see if they were the same ones, I know sometimes they mark things back to regular price. Anyone else still have these at their stores?

I saw maybe 3 left out of about 15 that was there a few weeks ago and they were still marked 79.99 or 69.99, I can't remember. All I can remember is that they didn't change the price at all. hth

I have not checked on this, but DD says her electric (battery) trains are on the newest recall.

The battery operated toys were manufactured by TOMY, not RC2/Learning Curve which manufactures the wooden & diecast sets. TOMY lost the license and now the battery operated ones are manufactured by HIT Toys. I checked the CPSC website, and there are no recalls on either of their brands. If she has a batter operated wooden toy, though, that may well be on the recall list. They started manufacturing those a while back. I don't keep up with the wooden so well as we have diecast and a few of the TOMY battery operated sets.