Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I am going to hit my local Targets tommorrow to see if I can get the Vsmile for my daughter, I want both the tv one and the handheld(her birthday is in oct and 1 for Chritmas). If I cant get one would it be possible for one of you who have found it for $20 or less to get me one and send it to me? i will pay for the item, shipping and throw in a bit for gas. V smile games for cheap would be great also. I bought her a bunch of the Dora figures for the castle and found out they are on the recall list so I have to get her something else. I will post tommorrow after i get back. If any of you are in Atlanta and have found it somewhere please let me know. Thank you in advance:D

Has anyone to been to any Target near the Atlanta area?? We are still looking for a V-Smile and live about 2 hours away from there. Just wondering if anyone has seen one lately. I have checked every Target store around me.

Where do you live? I know one store in Birmingham has it (Trussville store). As of tonight they had one left. I hope this might help!

I am going to hit my local Targets tommorrow to see if I can get the Vsmile for my daughter, I want both the tv one and the handheld(her birthday is in oct and 1 for Chritmas). If I cant get one would it be possible for one of you who have found it for $20 or less to get me one and send it to me? i will pay for the item, shipping and throw in a bit for gas. V smile games for cheap would be great also. I bought her a bunch of the Dora figures for the castle and found out they are on the recall list so I have to get her something else. I will post tommorrow after i get back. If any of you are in Atlanta and have found it somewhere please let me know. Thank you in advance:D

I wish I had seen this earlier! I already have one but found the tv system today for $11.??. I hated to not get it at such a good deal and said that I wish I knew someone who needed it. It was the pink one. If I make it back there tomorrow and it is still there I might could pick it up for you and ship it.

Hit matteson, tinley park, homewood, crestwood, and new lenox, IL stores on Thursday. I cleared them out of all the good toys that were 75% off. Tried Orland, Lemont and Willowbrook today but they all were total busts - there was absolutely NOTHING left worth buying at any of those stores.

I am in California, One Target by me was 75% off and the Play Wonder was 50% off but I went to another one about 10 miles away and still only 30% off. Employee said there mark down team was behind.

Where in CA? I think all our San Gabriel Valley stores finally went 75% off, though Play Wonder is still mostly 50%. I have also hit the stores in Burbank & North Hollywood, and found that they went 75% Friday. As of Thursday, La Verne had not gone 75% but San Dimas had. I have to go out that way again on Tuesday, so I'll check for any remainders or to see if they have even done it. They seemed pretty far behind when I was there last week.

went today again still 30%. there were two vsmiles left (I hide one) so now just the one that I hide is left. So here is my question I have read before that if there is just one toy left (and in this case I left it hiding at another section of the store) so when they do the 75% markdown it would not go??? if they don't have another one to mark?? I'm confused what should I do?? Maybe when it goes to 75% ask and employee if that one is 75% too?? or just scan it???

Please some help I'm confused. My store is still 30% and almost all the good toys are gone.

went today again still 30%. there were two vsmiles left (I hide one) so now just the one that I hide is left. So here is my question I have read before that if there is just one toy left (and in this case I left it hiding at another section of the store) so when they do the 75% markdown it would not go??? if they don't have another one to mark?? I'm confused what should I do?? Maybe when it goes to 75% ask and employee if that one is 75% too?? or just scan it???

Please some help I'm confused. My store is still 30% and almost all the good toys are gone.

At my store the markdown team would scan an item for me and tell me if it should be 75% off. Then they would mark all of them - if there were any more. I was really nice and polite so they would do this for me. If you can be there when they are doing the markdown, they will probably scan it for you. This is different than just a regular price scan.

Did you scan the vsmile to see what it rang up? There were two left at my store too, one pink one blue and they were on the regular shelf with no clearance stickers, but they both rang up 19.99.

At my store the markdown team would scan an item for me and tell me if it should be 75% off. Then they would mark all of them - if there were any more. I was really nice and polite so they would do this for me. If you can be there when they are doing the markdown, they will probably scan it for you. This is different than just a regular price scan.

thanks I would try to be there I think that 2 weeks ago I saw the ladie on thursday morning scanning stuff

I am in search of the following:

Play Wonder Carrots $1.24

Play Wonder Oven Mitt & Towel Set $1.24

Play Wonder Cherries $1.24

Anyone see these in Illinois? Also - if you happen to have their DCPI or ASIN codes I'd appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!

Nevermind - FOUND THEM!!! :)

So here is my question I have read before that if there is just one toy left (and in this case I left it hiding at another section of the store) so when they do the 75% markdown it would not go??? if they don't have another one to mark?? I'm confused what should I do?? Maybe when it goes to 75% ask and employee if that one is 75% too?? or just scan it???

I have found that generally the markdown team needs to actually scan it or it misses the markdown (if it is the only one left). HOWEVER, during the large toy sell off that happens during Christmas and now, I have seen a time or two when I know I have "misplaced" the last one of that item and it still scans at the lower price. I don't know for sure, but I wonder if during the massive reset that happens in that dept. (during those 2 times a year) they somehow enter the entire toy markdown list into the database and do the changes that way in addition to stickering things item by item. OR, maybe if it is part of a larger "team" of toys, it gets marked by default when the other "team members" do. ie., if there are 3 different barbie dolls (packaged individually) but part of a "set" like Fairytopia or whatever and one happens to be a hot seller, but the other two aren't, the "one hot seller" will by default get the markdown when it's other two "teammates" do... even if it isn't one the shelf at that moment. I don 't know if I made any sense with that example or not. I don't know for sure, and if someone does, I would love some insight on that too.

We have one Target near me that is HORRIBLE at getting things stickered, but their toys always show up with the sale price. So I don't know.

As for your v-smile, I guess you'd just have to check at the scanner and see what it says, but if it doesn't show up as 75% off and there isn't a markdown team in that dept. I think you might be outta luck. I don't think customer service can do markdowns... but I'm not sure on that either. Good luck!

I was told by our mark down team if they have been able to mark down even one of the items,all like items will automatically be scanned at the markdown price. Also,I have taken things to the customer service desk and ask them to scan something that I knew was marked down last week but this particular one was not. They have always been happy to check it to see. We have NO VTECHS here,or I would have been happy to buy one for you and ship it. I know what its like to want something for your little ones and cant find it. Good luck!!!

Someone correct me if I am missing something...but typically, the markdown should be by the UPC or whatever code is used...and it is usually decided by corporate etc and comes "down" to the stores...so even if not scanned by mark down, it would still be cheaper if in the system.

From what I understood, the scanning helps the team put the tags on, it isn't marking things down, it is verifying the item is the marked down one then a new red tag can be made and tagged.

I have found things marked 50% off but have gone 75% but not tagged...but have gotten the 75% off.

In other words, if you hide something and the code on it goes down an addl % off, your item will also. However...if you wait too long and it goes salvage, the number will no longer be in system and thus you will have to rely on a cashier that will help you out. Or...an item could appear to be "gone" from the system once it hits 30% off so the item is removed from system and so if you hid something and this happens, the number would not longer scan any lower because it "appears" to be gone and was removed from system.

Most of the time they get marked even if there are none on the shelf. From time to time they don't for some reason.

Hey, everyone who bought the Play Wonder kitchen set, it is apparently recalled. I was getting a price adjustment at guest services (actually bought a V.Smile game that wasn't clearanced for younger DS, and they went on sale today), and a man was really upset that they wouldn't let him buy it. It came up as a recall item. They didn't know why, but suggested calling the 800 number. We got DS one for his birthday about 18 months ago and both boys LOVE using it (both mommy & daddy like to cook here, so it is fun), so I will have to find out what happened.

It is DPCI: 204-12-0517.

Hey, everyone who bought the Play Wonder kitchen set, it is apparently recalled. I was getting a price adjustment at guest services (actually bought a V.Smile game that wasn't clearanced for younger DS, and they went on sale today), and a man was really upset that they wouldn't let him buy it. It came up as a recall item. They didn't know why, but suggested calling the 800 number. We got DS one for his birthday about 18 months ago and both boys LOVE using it (both mommy & daddy like to cook here, so it is fun), so I will have to find out what happened.

It is DPCI: 204-12-0517.

I bought one for my granddaughters. I knew the Play wonder BBQ set was recalled but havent heard anything about the Play Wonder Kitchen set. Let me know what happens too. I checked the government recall list but it only mentioned the BBQ set. Maybe its something recent. hmmmm

I was told by our mark down team if they have been able to mark down even one of the items,all like items will automatically be scanned at the markdown price. Also,I have taken things to the customer service desk and ask them to scan something that I knew was marked down last week but this particular one was not. They have always been happy to check it to see. We have NO VTECHS here,or I would have been happy to buy one for you and ship it. I know what its like to want something for your little ones and cant find it. Good luck!!!

Thanks for all the info. I guess I would find out this week I'm not a very lucky person for this things but I would keep positive!!!

has anyone seen the little wooden bike with no wheels? (thats supposed to help teach the kids to balance) it might be play wonder (i forget). i was there on tuesday and it was 50% i hope it went down since then. they had a bunch of them.

Has anyone seen the bubble machines at 75%? I checked 3 different stores and they were all at 30%.

I don't know if you mean the little tikes monster bubble belly or not...but if you do, i wouldn't recommend buying it, or even taking it for free. It takes 6 double AA batteries, which is not the hugest deal...but it DOES NOT WORK:( . The reviews on Target's site seem to say the same thing. I was really disappointed, as I actually paid full price for it because my daughter loves bubbles but can't blow them on her own. I thought the Little Tikes one would be better than the cheaper ones I saw. WRONG! Returned it and got the cheap $9.99 one, not as cute but works great!

Do you mean the one out on 21st or the one on Maple? Thanks!

The one at Maple, behind Lowes. It was just yesterday afternoon that I caught it and didnt say anything so they are probably still there until an employee catches on! Nice to see someone else from wichita on here!