Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

The only toys I saw on 75% clearance were the Coleco hand held electronic games. They were at $7.98, otherwise the others were only at 50% or 30% off. I asked the girl if anything exciting was going to happen soon and she made it sound like it things weren't changing soon!:(

Toys 75% off at a store in the Dallas area. The toys were mixed in with all other toys. They had tons of items still avaliable. Still had some toys at 50% (like sume summer toys and National Geographic) but most were 75%.

My store usually marks toys on Thursday at around 10am, so I was surprised to see it change today.

Toys 75% off at a store in the Dallas area. The toys were mixed in with all other toys. They had tons of items still avaliable. Still had some toys at 50% (like sume summer toys and National Geographic) but most were 75%.

My store usually marks toys on Thursday at around 10am, so I was surprised to see it change today.

which location???

Forgot to add- the ones I saw on clearance were not in the car sear aisle. They were actually on the shelves underneath the big item displays, like where the strollers, high chairs, etc. are. There were not many though! Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response. I have to look up where thats located. Do you remember if these were the convertible seats or just the infant ones? Thanks again.

If you need a car seat try Kmart.

Their clearance ones there are an add 30% off. Triumph lx convertable sale at Target $90 Kmart $67. I only found 1 carseat at Target 1/2 off there were some highchairs & stroller 1/2 off. Only aprox 4 items on an end cap.

Thanks for the tip, I will check there as well.

has anyone noticed if the gillete fusion razor kits are coming down again? (like they did around christmas) i seen them on a end cap a couple of weeks ago for $8.xx, i hope they come down soon because i seen that there is going to be another $4 off coupon in this sundays paper.

does anyone know if these deals/markdowns apply to new stores as well? we just got one about 20 minutes from me. the one i use to go to is about 45 minutes from me and in horrible traffic.

Probably depends on how new. If it opened in the round of 42 new stores last weekend, then no. At least our new store has absolutely nothing on clearance. They opened with the new set that will be coming to other stores soon.

does anyone know if these deals/markdowns apply to new stores as well? we just got one about 20 minutes from me. the one i use to go to is about 45 minutes from me and in horrible traffic.

I've found that the newer SuperTargets in my area mark down things earlier than the older regular stores. Who knows why.

These are not brand new stores, but stores that opened within the last year or so. I would suspect that a brand new store wouldnt have any clearance yet.

I'll definately be going after work today to check out the toys and baby dept.

KC area....Toys are 75% at the ST off Chipman Road TODAY. I was out that way running errands and checked. At about 2:30 they still had a lot of V Smiles ($12.xx)-- NOT the pocket. Lots of Leapster software; Pixter Software; Polly Pockets; I didn't check boys stuff.

ahhh I really want one of the vsmiles for mi 4year old..but my store have them at just 30% :( and just like 3 left (just one pink)

Should I go tomorrow early morning?? or early afternoon??/ when the mark down goes on?

ahhh I really want one of the vsmiles for mi 4year old..but my store have them at just 30% :( and just like 3 left (just one pink)

Should I go tomorrow early morning?? or early afternoon??/ when the mark down goes on?

Ya know... For the last 4 years I've been shopping the toy bonanza that happens at Target 2wice a year (xmas and summer). You will drive yourself nuts trying to chase the markdown teams. Just when you think they will do the markdowns in the morning, they wait until afternoon. Sometimes if you are really lucky you will catch them in the aisle and while most are very friendly about stickering things for you as you ask, I've also encountered teams who will actually shut down the aisle while they do the marks or who will NOT scan/sticker things for you no matter how much you beg. I guess you kind of have to know your stores and how they operate. A lot of it is just luck. If it were me, I would NOT go first thing at 8 a.m. At least for the stores around me, I have rarely seen anyone doing marks that early. Could be that I just don't see it, but mid morning might be better considering that it is most likely a pretty big reset for most stores and they might just want to get to it in the morning verses the afternoon. BUT REALLY... WHO KNOWS for sure-- NOT ME! .:rolleyes:

I'm kind of glad I don't have that pressure of getting to Target for the big toy mark down, because my Target didn't really have anything worth going for. The good toys are already gone and the junky stuff is left. I guess I'll save some money. I have some toys in the closet that I got on clearance last year and saved and then my kids interests changed so now I am a lot more carefull about buying toys so far ahead of the holidays.

Ya know... For the last 4 years I've been shopping the toy bonanza that happens at Target 2wice a year (xmas and summer). You will drive yourself nuts trying to chase the markdown teams. Just when you think they will do the markdowns in the morning, they wait until afternoon. Sometimes if you are really lucky you will catch them in the aisle and while most are very friendly about stickering things for you as you ask, I've also encountered teams who will actually shut down the aisle while they do the marks or who will NOT scan/sticker things for you no matter how much you beg. I guess you kind of have to know your stores and how they operate. A lot of it is just luck. If it were me, I would NOT go first thing at 8 a.m. At least for the stores around me, I have rarely seen anyone doing marks that early. Could be that I just don't see it, but mid morning might be better considering that it is most likely a pretty big reset for most stores and they might just want to get to it in the morning verses the afternoon. BUT REALLY... WHO KNOWS for sure-- NOT ME! .:rolleyes:

yes I think you are right because last week I was there thursday and saw some movement on the toy area. (scanning and some red stickers) that was around 11:00AM so I guess is my best bet!! Wish me luck!!!! thanks for the info!:)

Bulk items were still 15% off.

New toys had been clearanced and were at 30%. The others had been moved to 50%. There were still LOTS of bare shelves and they had not consolidated the clearance to one aisle as others have reported. Wonder if this means our markdown is NOT this week???

Thanks for the quick response. I have to look up where thats located. Do you remember if these were the convertible seats or just the infant ones? Thanks again.

Where are you in NC? Kernersville is between Winston Salem and Greensboro. The Target is on Main Street behind Blockbuster in a new shopping center. I did not see any infant seats on clearance. The few I did see were all convertible boosters. If you are in this area, have you checked Target in Winston Salem on Hanes Mall Blvd.? I have not been recently, may go tomorrow, but they usually have a decent selection. There are also 3 Targets in Greensboro and another one in Winston. Good luck!!

Toledo, OH V.smiles were $11.24, V.Smile pockets are $19.98. Everything else the same.

ahhh! Which store in Toledo? I am looking for the pocket vsmile! I looked at the one at spring meadows but no luck. Figured I'd wait until tomorrow to look elsewhere. I usually go to the one in Perrysburg but will check out others too!

Thanks!

Miranda