Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Our dollar spot was 50% off today. I picked up 6 each of the first aid kits and frog scissors for the Cub Scout den. I got dd1 the golf set for $1.25. They also had the stuff near the men's section for 50% off. I got ds5 a set of binoculars for $12.50 because he's been all into bird watching lately, ds10 a multitool for $5.00, and dh a grooming set with clippers and trimmer for $7.50.

Ds5 was complaining because he wanted the golf set (which was too small for him) so hubby said, "You don't like what you got? I'll trade you because mommy got me a nosehair trimmer!" Gee, appreciative family. :tongue1:

Checked out our Target today for the first time in over a week, and they had TONS of toys on clearance...a whole half side of an aisle with a 30% sign, like 4 endcaps, and then various things in the aisles...most everything on the endcaps and in the aisles were 50% max, with a few only being 30%...got ds the Buckaroo game he's been asking for for like a year for $8.xx. Picked up three Leap Frog card games for $2.98 each for X-mas gifts. Would have loved to have picked up the V-Smile pocket, but that was still only 30% here, so it was like $55.xx. Also got the pull-string Woody with Wheezy the Penguin for $9.98, which ds also wanted. Checked out the Dora castle for my niece, and that was still 50% off, too, and there were still a couple of them left. If I go on Wednesday, I'm hoping to get one at 75% off...

Our 4th of July stuff was not marked down AT ALL...

Off topic - Found the V-Smile Pocket clearanced for $40 at KMart this week.

For Target, does anyone happen to know the approximate time frame that they keep furniture at full price before bringing in a new line? I saw a new bookcase that I have to have, but wasn't sure when to expect it to be clearanced. TIA

My Target trip:

No dollar spot clearance

No baseball clearance

Patio furniture/summer 30%

Toys, most 15-30%, a couple of junky ones at 50%.

Summer stuff 30%

Girl's shoes 15%

I did get me 2 pairs of shorts (4th) for 2.50 each, DD the swimsuit I've been eyeing all summer for 4.98 (50%) and 2 t's for DD for 1.98 each (50%)

Almost the whole wall of boys jeans was 50% off, but they were sold out of 8-10, so that did me no good. They had tons of the other sizes.

I hate my target!!

Went yesterday, dollar spot Columbus, Oh, 50% off. 1 store didnt have dollar spot marked. Got sunscreen for 1.25 in the dollar spot. Many transformers and simpson stuff in the dollar spot. 4th of July 50% off. Womans shoes 50% off. Uniden 5.8 ghz phone with 2 headsets 70% off, 15.04. They had some floor chairs for gaming, ect 75% off, about 5 dollars a piece. These are the ones that have the adjustable back. Polaris store sold out within 15 minutes of me being in the store. Heard from a friend that the chairs are prone to breaking, so didnt buy any myself. "vintage" Kelloggs coffee mug, 75% off. $1.74 for 2 mugs. Cherokee t-shirt for son, 75% off, $1.24. Patio furniture still 30% off here, still a lot left. Girls Jeans, 50% off, less than 5.00 a pair.

My Target trip:

No dollar spot clearance

No baseball clearance

Patio furniture/summer 30%

Toys, most 15-30%, a couple of junky ones at 50%.

Summer stuff 30%

Girl's shoes 15%

I did get me 2 pairs of shorts (4th) for 2.50 each, DD the swimsuit I've been eyeing all summer for 4.98 (50%) and 2 t's for DD for 1.98 each (50%)

Almost the whole wall of boys jeans was 50% off, but they were sold out of 8-10, so that did me no good. They had tons of the other sizes.

I hate my target!!

Ok, I SERIOUSLY think the other Springfieldian on here, you and me should all write to Target and tell them how badly they need another store in Spfld!! I'm moving back next summer and am dreading the fact that there is only one Target!!! I filled out one of the survey's from my receipt and when it asked what they could do better, I went on and on about another Target in Spfld. I think the Spfld Target sucks and I think it's because there's only one tiny store for all of Greene county! I told them Greene county has 250,000 people (info from census.gov) and one tiny store. I live in Johnson county, 500,000 people but 7 stores...yes 7!!!!! I don't want to move back!!!!! :( LETS WRITE THEM CONSISTANTLY UNTIL THEY PUT ANOTHER ONE HERE!!! PLEEAASSEEE!!!!

Off topic - Found the V-Smile Pocket clearanced for $40 at KMart this week.

I think it was your post that I remember that from, and that's part of the reason I wouldn't buy it at Target for $55.xx...still have to get to K-Mart to see if ours has any left...

Ok, I SERIOUSLY think the other Springfieldian on here, you and me should all write to Target and tell them how badly they need another store in Spfld!! I'm moving back next summer and am dreading the fact that there is only one Target!!! I filled out one of the survey's from my receipt and when it asked what they could do better, I went on and on about another Target in Spfld. I think the Spfld Target sucks and I think it's because there's only one tiny store for all of Greene county! I told them Greene county has 250,000 people (info from census.gov) and one tiny store. I live in Johnson county, 500,000 people but 7 stores...yes 7!!!!! I don't want to move back!!!!! :( LETS WRITE THEM CONSISTANTLY UNTIL THEY PUT ANOTHER ONE HERE!!! PLEEAASSEEE!!!!

Not to completely threadjack but we do not even have a target!! CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! :eyepoppin We moved from Florida (where we had 3 in a 5 mile radius) to Tennessee. the closest target is an hour away! I have been emailing them for a year, since we moved here, and I just keep getting the same email that they are expanding in other areas. UGH!!! I did get to go to a Target in Chattanooga today because we had to pick up our oldest boy and they had some good deals but nothing we really needed. I was just so happy to be in the target that I wanted to buy it all! LOL! DH wouldn't let me. we did get a bissell flip-ease marked down to $23 from $50 (072-07-0236). We wanted one of these for our hardwood floors. Lots of girls clothes marked down to 2 to $3. Toys were only 30% though. I was hoping for some good deals on toys but no dice. Happy perusing everyone!

I think it was your post that I remember that from, and that's part of the reason I wouldn't buy it at Target for $55.xx...still have to get to K-Mart to see if ours has any left...

I did see them at a Target in St Louis today for $39.98. So they are now 50% some places. Found my other receipt in case they go any lower! I noticed the regular V-Smile systems were also 50%. I hope they aren't going to stop making the games for these. My kids were just old enough to get one for Christmas and they LOVE it.

Levittown NY -

Dollar Spot all 50% off but not a sign in sight - I got some lighters for the BBQ, some expandable marshmallow toasters, some cotton candy All 50cents

Hanes underwear for DD for $2.99 for a 4 pk

I found three Spiderman ready beds today and they were scanning Item Not Found. I was abe to get my son one and was trying to get one for my nephew. Thought I'd get lucky at the register but no. They gave the cashier the regular price. No thanks!! I left it.

I found three Spiderman ready beds today and they were scanning Item Not Found. I was abe to get my son one and was trying to get one for my nephew. Thought I'd get lucky at the register but no. They gave the cashier the regular price. No thanks!! I left it.

UGH! Was it the red & blue one or the new design? If it is the red & blue and you see them again, I would ask for a manager and get them to look it up with a PDT. Those are supposed to ring up $6.96. If they look it up using the Not On File function, they'll get the correct price of $6.96. They were clearing them out through the stores. They used to be online only.

Dollar spot half off at 4 Atlanta area locations-good selection too.

Baseball and football items 75% off in 2 stores, full price in the other 2. Got cleats in size 3 and 4 for the next few seasons at 3.74-that price beats the goodwill.

Bought several packs of boys boxers for 1/2 off, a few novelty tees at 30% off for back to school, and the July 4th clothing was 1/2 off-shirts and shorts for the kids for 2 bucks each.

Clearance throughout the stores, some areas had more clearance the regular priced items.

I usually do not shop Target but was impressed with the deals this week.

UGH! Was it the red & blue one or the new design? If it is the red & blue and you see them again, I would ask for a manager and get them to look it up with a PDT. Those are supposed to ring up $6.96. If they look it up using the Not On File function, they'll get the correct price of $6.96. They were clearing them out through the stores. They used to be online only.

It was the old design with the green goblin on it. You're right I should've asked for a manager. They didn't do a price look up on the computer or with those scan guns. All they did was look at the price tag that was on the shelf.

I did see them at a Target in St Louis today for $39.98. So they are now 50% some places. Found my other receipt in case they go any lower! I noticed the regular V-Smile systems were also 50%. I hope they aren't going to stop making the games for these. My kids were just old enough to get one for Christmas and they LOVE it.

Ooh, thanks for the tip...I will check them out on Wednesday to see if they've gone any lower...I just got the system for my kids for Christmas too, but they have a million games by now, so even if they stopped making them, my kids are still set for a couple of years!;) And that's part of the reason I want the pocket one, so they can take it with them and use it more often!

Other Springfieldian here and I definately agree! I can't believe we only have one, and it's not even a SuperTarget at that! I also struck out today, as I was looking for the same stuff as ameyers (dollar spot and baseball). What a bummer... In defense of our store though, I do really like the employees (except the bald old guy at checkout-he always gives me crap about coupons!!) I did notice lots of new toys on clearance-there are quite a few lego things I'll be keeping my eye on...

Not to completely threadjack but we do not even have a target!! CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! :eyepoppin We moved from Florida (where we had 3 in a 5 mile radius) to Tennessee. the closest target is an hour away! I have been emailing them for a year, since we moved here, and I just keep getting the same email that they are expanding in other areas. everyone!

I am at least an hour away from the Target we are talking about. The next closest one is pretty good, but 1.5 hours in the opposite direction. There is one every 2-3 hours here.

They are supposed to be putting one in Lebanon (15 minutes), but that rumor has been here for years. A good friend of ours sold the land to Target about 8 years ago, but they have yet to decide to build.

Wow, I feel blessed to have 2 targets within 10 minutes of me in a city of 60,000. But I guess its not too odd since Target headquarters are right down the interstate in Minneapolis.

Hi Neboo, looks we are neighbors since I live in Mpls. I Love the downtown Target on Nicollet Mall. They have the best clearance items!

just got back from our michigan target....TONS of toy clearance! too many to list!

I picked up the smaller doodle animals (dog, shark, gorilla) for 2.48 each

I saw polly pockets, bratz, toddler toys, baseball stuff, games, and tons of stuff for CHEAP

and 4th of July stuff was 75% off

patio still 30% and what was left of dollar spot was still 50%, but mostly gone

got 10 .27 hot dogs, 2 pairs of $3.xx cleats of stepsons, and taco bell stuff for $12.xx!

is there a way to print off more than one of the oscar mayer coupons at a time without using the scripted box? thanks

just got back from our michigan target....TONS of toy clearance! too many to list!

I picked up the smaller doodle animals (dog, shark, gorilla) for 2.48 each

I saw polly pockets, bratz, toddler toys, baseball stuff, games, and tons of stuff for CHEAP

and 4th of July stuff was 75% off

patio still 30% and what was left of dollar spot was still 50%, but mostly gone

Hi fellow Michigander! Which Target did you hit?? I have been looking for good toy deals but ours is still 30% or less in some cases!

got 10 .27 hot dogs, 2 pairs of $3.xx cleats of stepsons, and taco bell stuff for $12.xx!

is there a way to print off more than one of the oscar mayer coupons at a time without using the scripted box? thanks

Are these Oscar Mayer Hot dogs or something that you are using a coupon on for 27 cents? Thank you