Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Stopped by 2 different Targets today and found no good clearance deals. I thought about getting one of the memory foam bed toppers, but I need a queen, and all they had was king, but they were 75% off. Was anyone bought one of these?

Hi have one of the memory foam bed toppers. I got it for my sofa bed. I have family

stay once in a while and they sleep on the sofa bed.

It did make it better on the sofa bed but I don't know if it would be worth the price for my queen size bed.

I bought the memory foam pillow today at 75% off.

They sold out fast!

Exactly...if people knew what I paid for their gifts, they'd be shocked!

me too! That's my shopping philosophy. My hubby and friends all think Im nuts! But, my hubby appreciates it every year at Christmas and birthdays. This way my 3 boys and my nieces and nephews all get good presents that we otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

I go to the stores just about everyday. I find a lot of stuff that I plan on using for Christmas.

My husband gets a little upset when he see's all the stuff I bought.

Then in late November he is really happy that I have everything and feels we saved a lot of money. We have the same discussion every year!

My grown kids even look at the stuff I have before shopping at the stores to see if they can use anything I have for gift giving. My husband says he needs a gift for someone and he will ask me if I have anything.

Have not ben keeping up with this forum this month as we are moving next week, so dont know it this was posted or not, but I was able to get the Shabby chic nightstand, regularly 149 at my local target today for $37.00. They made me mad though cause they had one display sitting in the aisle with the price on it and one on the shelf, and they would not sell the model one, they sent it to the back for Goodwill pick up while I was still there. I know some Targets will sell u the models but mine wont. Oh well at least I was able to get the one. I am going to use it in the master bath for my makeup and hair stuff.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1182533386/ref=sr_1_1/601-4123200-0030562?ie=UTF8&asin=B000MTBFNU

They made me mad though cause they had one display sitting in the aisle with the price on it and one on the shelf, and they would not sell the model one, they sent it to the back for Goodwill pick up while I was still there. I know some Targets will sell u the models but mine wont.

Just so you know...most won't. Mine has numerous signs up about how they will NOT sell the displays. The signs are corporate made so am assuming that corporate policy is no selling displays but as always, it is the manager that makes the final decisions.

Congrats on the great find!

I go to the stores just about everyday. I find a lot of stuff that I plan on using for Christmas.

My husband gets a little upset when he see's all the stuff I bought.

My husband hates my clearance shopping, in the respect that we really do not have the room to store it in and sometimes I have gone overboard. He respects that I am trying to save money, some things I have sold, given away or just donate them. We have alot of children to by for, ours and our nieces or nephews it just gets so expensive.

I have to admit, I have been not in Target for almost a whole week. :eyepoppin I know, not that long and silly to think about it, but too me its is like a lifetime. Since the kids have been home from school and dh works. I just do not have the time to haul the kids with me, I usually like to go by myself anyway kinda selfish, but the kids make it harder to really look around for deals.

At least, I can check out the board to see what I am missing.

I used to buy ahead especially toys for Christmas, but I found that by the time November came, the kids tastes changed and they asked for the new toys that recently came out, or instead of the power rangers they wanted in July, now they are into star wars. I ended up with a whole closet full of toys the kids no longer wanted or were into. Last year I bought a whole bunch of toys for my ds that I found here and there throughtout the year on clearence,and then it turned out he has his heart set on a nintendo ds. so I feel like I wasted a lot of money on toys that I didn't need to buy.

:)

I used to buy ahead especially toys for Christmas, but I found that by the time November came, the kids tastes changed and they asked for the new toys that recently came out, or instead of the power rangers they wanted in July, now they are into star wars. I ended up with a whole closet full of toys the kids no longer wanted or were into. Last year I bought a whole bunch of toys for my ds that I found here and there throughtout the year on clearence,and then it turned out he has his heart set on a nintendo ds. so I feel like I wasted a lot of money on toys that I didn't need to buy.

I found the same thing happened with my kids, my son who wasn't into Legos suddenly loves them and missed out on all the good deals but the items I did buy he didn't want anymore. My daughter loved barbie and than she decided one day that she wanted to just play with Polly Pockets, so sell off all the Barbies and try to get the PP. Now they are getting out of the "toys" and more into the electronics so I know getting games for PS2 and Wii etc will be ok, also music for their MP3 players are a safe bet. Also had bought alot over the last couple of years for birthday presents but when the party rolls around, I am informed that the kids don't play with those particular ones anymore so I don't bother except on smaller things that I know they would like. It was easier when they were littler since you pretty much picked their gifts but as they get older, they have their own ideas (don't blame them LOL) I can still pick up stuff for parents etc, and certain things that I know they would enjoy (stocking stuffer type stuff).

I have always bought ahead for my family and if my children changed taste of toys I would donate the items I did not need to Toys for Tots. Our local police will pick up toys and one year I filled up the back seat of his squad car. Remember if you keep your receipts you can write that off on your taxes as a charitable contribution.

My kids are only 3 1/2 and almost 2, so I'm still safe buying stuff thru the year, LOL...plus my nieces and nephews are all younger, too...so I'm covered for a couple of years anyway...then I guess I'll have to shell out the big bucks! ;)

Stopped by 2 different Targets today and found no good clearance deals. I thought about getting one of the memory foam bed toppers, but I need a queen, and all they had was king, but they were 75% off. Was anyone bought one of these?

My dd loves hers. It was a hand me down from my bed - we got a new mattress and didn't need the extra cush anymore. Since it went from King to Queen, I cut the extra foam off with an electric carving knife to fit. Worked fine! Used the cuttings to make pilliows, too. If the price is right, then cutting the larger size may be an option!

went to Target to tonight and just want to post that watches are like 50% off. There are a lot of balls (footballs, volleyballs, basketballs, etc) on clearance as well. There is a huge box of sandwich bags for like $4.24 or something like that in the grocery section. I think the brand is GLAD but I can't remember now. There are lots of shoes that are 30 and 50% off. And I did see the memory foam for 75% off but they only had full. There were more toys on clearance but still nothing at 75% off that I really want.

Do you find yourself in the end, when wrapping, that you have too many gifts for some people? I do that! And I don't have any blood relatives to buy for it's my two friends and their kids and I always walk in like Santa and a big red bag! No, not dressed like Santa lol. But sometimes I feel bad like I've outshined others or that they think I'm trying to. But really it's that they have to afford these kids everyday of the year and I don't! To top that off, I am finding these otherwise possibly expensive gifts for a steal so where it may look like I spent 100, I may have only spent $15. at that and they know about the bargains I get!

Tomorrow, I have my nephew's 8th birthday and I have too much for him. I have never been able to just take one gift. But I wonder if others that don't know how little I'm spending think I'm trying to make a show? Went to a wedding last weekend and had gotten a set of glasses and a clearance photo album. Maybe spent $15. including card but some of my other friends couldn't afford to get anything or put $20, in a card and felt bad.

But my great deals are from Target. I'm seriously addicted! Don't even have kids and I'm buying up diapers but for my friends, they buy them from me instead of the store lol....

Hey, I used to have too much for one kid and not enough for the next due to my shopping. Now I have a little notebook I carry with me and on each page I have a child's name and I list things as I buy them. Then as it gets closer adn closer I will know who is not "done" and who is so I know what I am looking for. After the pages of my kids names I have a list of every one in the family that we buy gifts for and two columns, one for chistmas and one for birthdays. Then I write in what we got as I buy it. Then I am not at a loss for what goes where. The thigns that will make "someone" a gift if we are invited to a party or wedding goes on the "extras" page so I always know what is in the top of the closet without pulling it all down..... only takes a few minutes and keeps me even on what I get the kids value wise, as I don't worry about the money since I spend so little.

For instance DD13 wants a camera or a small stereo this year for Christmas.... thanks to a deal at work and one on here she is getting both of them and I paid a total of six bucks.... I find that as long as they appear the same in value total of the other kids they are all happy. This also is handy so if I buy our nephew something I know the approximate value and make sure to get something of the same approximate new value for each of his sisters since they are all 3 in the same house. And the whole family knows I do this clearance thing as a hobby and so my kids get nice things. And they are all thrilled as long as one kid doesn't get 10 bucks in a card while little brother gets a 40.00 toy I spent 5.00 on.

Hey, I used to have too much for one kid and not enough for the next due to my shopping. Now I have a little notebook I carry with me and on each page I have a child's name and I list things as I buy them. Then as it gets closer adn closer I will know who is not "done" and who is so I know what I am looking for. After the pages of my kids names I have a list of every one in the family that we buy gifts for and two columns, one for chistmas and one for birthdays. Then I write in what we got as I buy it. Then I am not at a loss for what goes where. The thigns that will make "someone" a gift if we are invited to a party or wedding goes on the "extras" page so I always know what is in the top of the closet without pulling it all down.

very good idea! This is what I need to start doing. I usually pull everything out in Nov. and write it all down to see what I have and what goes to who. This would make it so much easier.

Just got back from a target run-picked up a foam pillow and sheets. Thank you for posts describing those deals. I am watching the following:

249120162 Trunk for decorating 99.99/69.98/49.98

002070529 Storage ottoman 59.99/41.98

249120191 Storage ottoman 99.99/69.98

002070569 Set of Storage Baskets 29.99/20.98

231101482 Millstone Chocolate Velvet Coffee 6.89/4.82/3.44

003050330 Swifter Carpet Flick Refill 7.34/5.13/3.67

024060599 Hobo Purse 19.99/13.98

084110066 Artificial Plants 14.99/10.48

084110067 Artificial Plants Peace Lily 29.99/20.98

084110068 Artificial Plants Orchid 29.99/20.98

002070561 Storage Trunk – rattan 69.99/48.98

074751179 Personally Yours Frame 4.99/3.48

037050721 Gardener’s Therapies Pail 19.59/13.71/

037052082 Gardener’s Therapies Body Scrub 5.99/4.18

037051784 Bath Salts 31.19/21.85

074151206 Wall Mount Magnetic Photo Frames 9.99/4.98

074151207 Wall Mount Magnetic Photo Frames 9.99/4.98

074121796 Friends Picture 16.99/11.88

074110802 Rectangular Mirror 49.99/34.98

066010425 Throw Rug 9.99/4.98

067001883 Rattan Placemat 7.99/3.98

097010501 Towel Bar 291/2 inches long – 21.99/17.48

097010505 Paper Holder 12.99/9.08

253010082 Hefty Storage Bags 4.99/4.24

253040022 Bounty Napkins 3.99/2.55

Hey, I used to have too much for one kid and not enough for the next due to my shopping. Now I have a little notebook I carry with me and on each page I have a child's name and I list things as I buy them. Then as it gets closer adn closer I will know who is not "done" and who is so I know what I am looking for.

That is a great idea. I am going to have to start doing that.

Deals at the Lynnwood WA Target:

Dustbuster 30% off 39.99 down to 27.98 072070412

Bissell Spot Lifter 30% off 39.99 to 27.98 072070716

Bissell FlipEase 30% off 47.49 to 33.24 072070236

Child's Denim Chair (looks like Lazyboy but doesn't recline) 50% off 59.99 to 29.98

No Luvs diapers in stock.:(

I did good today getting groceries there and found 2 packs of Luvs for my daycare kids. My bill was over $90 and I spent $35 with all of my coupons.

They are finally marking down the Island paradise items with the tiki bar stuff. I will wait until it goes lower. I don't have to have it, but if the price is right, it's mine.

Have not ben keeping up with this forum this month as we are moving next week, so dont know it this was posted or not, but I was able to get the Shabby chic nightstand, regularly 149 at my local target today for $37.00. They made me mad though cause they had one display sitting in the aisle with the price on it and one on the shelf, and they would not sell the model one, they sent it to the back for Goodwill pick up while I was still there. I know some Targets will sell u the models but mine wont. Oh well at least I was able to get the one. I am going to use it in the master bath for my makeup and hair stuff.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1182533386/ref=sr_1_1/601-4123200-0030562?ie=UTF8&asin=B000MTBFNU

I noticed you are in Jax also. Did you see the nightstand at the Towncenter? If so, on a clearence endcap in food they had tic tacs marked down and there is a coupon in today's paper for .50 off so you can get them really cheap, just an fyi.

I noticed that they were stocking the clearance toy end caps today (and yesterday) with stuff straight out of the boxes. Lots of stuff that never even made it to the shelf otherwise. I saw some Barbie Stacy & Kelly sets that I had never seen before. Several Bob the Builder diecast toys and a few other Thomas items. Not sure if they had tons of back stock and it simply never sold, or if some of these things never got their chance on the floor at regular price. Anyway, lots of quantity which bodes well for getting them at higher markdowns.

I want to thank you all for the heads up on the great Happy Summer deals!:D

Check the isles for Happy Summer tags.

I went to Target Thursday & Sunday. I was able to find great deals scattered around the store. They are ringing not found now, but I still was able to get 90% off.

Folding chairs 1.99

picnic blanket 1.49

toy ball set .69

toy garden set 1.29

picnic table cloths .29

cups & mugs .9

colored lanterns .49

frizbee .29

plastic storage containers .29

plates .19

speedo swin gogggles .69

shabbie schick night stand got 2 37.00 each

memory foam pillows 7.50

I also saw 75% sheets, file cabinet, plants and some other things but did not need them.

YEAH - I found a deal yesterday --- the PARENTS rocking elephant for $13.xx. I know it's an old deal - but I was quite disappointed I didn't get in on it (3 of my cousins just had baby girls...). Now I found one and it's going to work PERFECT for one of the kids for Christmas!! YEAH!! :g_dance:

Other than that, I didn't see too much...