Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

ljbvoskuil, I would have fought them, I have done it before too (on the granola bars) because the coupon specifically does not say a size. Call corporate and tell them you tried to use coupons that did not state a size and they refused to take them. I got a $3 coupon because of trouble using coupons at a store before. I havent tried the oreo ones (although those are expired anyway) but I did use teh granola ones and the cereal ones, its all in what store you go to or which cashier you get. I went and got 10 granola bar packages with no problem with the cashier. I then found some more after and went to a different cashier, she refused to take them. All in 10 minutes time, one took all 10 no ?s asked, another wouldnt take the 5 I had. Cereal ones, I had no problem with those. BUT, those are a split bar code, so if they didnt scan and thats why she wouldnt take them, she should have covered the second half. Mine didnt go through at first and when I saw the coupon, I told him to cover the 2nd half and he did and all 5 went through just fine :)

And an FYI, I had 32 M&M coupons (greedy okay... but there were about 100 more bags on the shelf!), 2 OJ, 5 Pepsi Jazz coupons, 5 cereal coupons and after the cashier scanned them all, they all went into the garbage! Weird!

Yes I think I will take your advice and call corporate. I was thinking about that today and I am still upset about the whole thing. They really need to put the size on there if they want to tell me I can't use the cupons.

On another story, which reminds me of a poster a while back that talked about a nightmare she had about security following her. Well me, my sister, and three of my kids were shopping. We'd stop at clearance, look through coupons, decide value as well as nutritional facts on food (both on diets) and then move to the next clearance endcap. This guy that worked there was following us from H&B to grocery to automotive to electronics. We finally made him speak to us to show him we weren't shoplifters and even then he just kept it up. We'd ask where things were and he wasn't being discreet. We nearly called management. My purse was open but I had a ziploc bag full of coupon envelopes in the bag and kept referring to those envelopes with each purchase. The kids would scan items and bring them back to tell us the prices and from there they went in the cart or back where they came from, no ditching them or anything. It was a horrible experience to know that because we were doing the coupons/clearance thing that we were "suspect". Does this happen to anyone else when they are shopping in their target?

I wouldn't take it personally. They're just doing their jobs. And also, part of their plan is to intentionally NOT be discreet. This way, if a customer had planned on shoplifting, they would think twice about doing it knowing that a security guard is watching them.

How do you all get them to take a coupon for $1 off of an item that costs say .68? And have them take the full amount of the coupon off? Especially at Target where the register beeps and won't accept the coupon when it's for more than the item and they have to manually enter it?

Rockfordmom, my store, for the granola bars, it beeped too... she didnt look at the item price, she just hit the F key or enter or something and it took the full $1 off. Another cashier, when it beeped, she looked at the computer and saw that I bought them, called a CSM over and that lady said well it wont take $1 off a 68 cent item. She said what I will do is take 5 $1 coupons... so I got 10 packs for $1.80. So not too bad... not free but still a great deal. I think total I got 40 packs of these granola bars, and only one cashier gave me a hard time, but I still got to use 5 coupons on 10 packs

How do you all get them to take a coupon for $1 off of an item that costs say .68? And have them take the full amount of the coupon off? Especially at Target where the register beeps and won't accept the coupon when it's for more than the item and they have to manually enter it?

You bring up a good point. Customers are calling corporate not only because cashiers refuse to take expired coupons, but also because they're basically not getting items for free plus the overage. If the register beeps, it's because there's a problem and the cashier has to find out what that problem is. If the register says that we shouldn't take the coupon, then we won't. Calling corporate only makes the big guys at Target notice that there's a problem with people using coupons and eventually something will be done about them.

My coupons for the granola bars never beeped. Just went through. Odd. No coupon as yet hasn't gone through.

Today I bought: 2 Easter shirts for my daughter (hidden in the regular clothes clearance) for .69 each

4 Mt. Dew 12 packs- $1.50 each with the $1 coupon from Target

8 boxes of cereal (6 cups= free w/ $1 off coupon) and 2 cocoa crispies $1 each w/ $1 coupon from Target

Heat patches regularly $7 on clearance for $2.97- $1 off coupon making them $1.97 (great for cramps LOL)

2 capri sun drink boxes (10 packs)- $1.25 after .50 coupons

i went this morning and was disappointted to see Easter was still 75% off. i asked the lady at the checkout and she said that sometimes they will go 90% off in the middle of the day. Has anyone heard of that? .

This actually happened to me today. When I walked into Target the signs showed 75% off Easter. I went to another section and found a Wilton cupcake holder with the Easter packaging (someone must have hid it in the toys) and when I checked it it was $1.29 or 90% off.

My finds today were the Wilton cupcake holder, a Polly Spring basket set at $1.49, and one of the GE Reveal lightbulbs with a $5 gift card in it. The light bulbs didn't ring up so I told the cashier it was 75% off last week and she gave it to me for $1.50

After I price checked the two Easter items from the toy section and saw they were 90% I went back to the Easter section, and the signs were then up for 90%!

My coupons for the granola bars never beeped. Just went through. Odd. No coupon as yet hasn't gone through.

Today I bought: 2 Easter shirts for my daughter (hidden in the regular clothes clearance) for .69 each

4 Mt. Dew 12 packs- $1.50 each with the $1 coupon from Target

8 boxes of cereal (6 cups= free w/ $1 off coupon) and 2 cocoa crispies $1 each w/ $1 coupon from Target

Heat patches regularly $7 on clearance for $2.97- $1 off coupon making them $1.97 (great for cramps LOL)

2 capri sun drink boxes (10 packs)- $1.25 after .50 coupons

Are the mountain dew and capri sun coupons on line?

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

I went today at the target on M59 near the lakeside mall.

I found carefree panty liners on sale for $1.47(scented 56 count only),

gerber stage 3 jars 38cents,

2t spiderman underwear outfit.$3something,

throw rug $2something.

The easter was on sale for 90% off. But nothing really there.

I forgot my coupons in the car and I was really upset,but I did find a carefree coupon for a $1.00 off of two. It was left by someone. So if your on this board thanx so much for leaving it. At least I finally got a good deal on those.

But I'll tell you one thing I will never go on a sunday again. I kept getting cart block by people. Especailly when there was a clearence spot on the shelfs.That store was busy.

Linda

Here in Mich The sunday papers has coupons for Target. $2.50 of a $10 purchase and 5 off a 20 purchase. You have to buy a certain amount of baby items to get the $ amount off.

Linda

Ours had them as well, but you can buy Tide, Downy, Bounty, Charmin or Iams Dog Food if I remember everything correctly. They were similar to the online ones that someone sent the link to recently, but with a lower minimum spend.

Rockfordmom, my store, for the granola bars, it beeped too... she didnt look at the item price, she just hit the F key or enter or something and it took the full $1 off. Another cashier, when it beeped, she looked at the computer and saw that I bought them, called a CSM over and that lady said well it wont take $1 off a 68 cent item. She said what I will do is take 5 $1 coupons... so I got 10 packs for $1.80. So not too bad... not free but still a great deal. I think total I got 40 packs of these granola bars, and only one cashier gave me a hard time, but I still got to use 5 coupons on 10 packs

When I buy things at Target and the coupon is more it just goes through. Sometimes it doesn't even beep, but if it does they just hit the key on the register to send it on through. Same thing at walmart when I buy a clearance item and the coupon makes it free.

However, I did get a copy from corporate of their "coupon policy" and it says that in the case of a coupon exceeding the purchase price that they will adjust the coupon to give you the item free. So the people getting 68 cent granola bars, according to policy they should be taking off a 68 cent coupon instead of the 1.00 coupon. So I would do is call corporate and complain about paying the 1.80. Although that is a good deal, it's not what policy says they will do. Who knows, maybe they will give you a 2.00 coupon to use in store next time. Worth a try.

I wouldn't take it personally. They're just doing their jobs. And also, part of their plan is to intentionally NOT be discreet. This way, if a customer had planned on shoplifting, they would think twice about doing it knowing that a security guard is watching them.

Well, as far as appearing to be a shoplifter, I don't care cause I know I have never done that. That wasn't the issue. This man was CREEPY. He kept squeezing between my cart and kids and basically that left him rubbing against the cart and/or the kids each time. I actually wondered if he got his kicks from little boys or if he was trying to get to my purse to steal from me. Our target they just wear a red shirt and a name tag, for all I know he found a name tag and wasn't really an employee. In this day and age one cannot be too careful. To watch me is fine, I have invited them to help me shop in the past... but to act all creepy and keep getting close to my purse and my children is past not being discreet and goes straight to being either a potential thief or pervert.

Well, as far as appearing to be a shoplifter, I don't care cause I know I have never done that. That wasn't the issue. This man was CREEPY. He kept squeezing between my cart and kids and basically that left him rubbing against the cart and/or the kids each time. I actually wondered if he got his kicks from little boys or if he was trying to get to my purse to steal from me. Our target they just wear a red shirt and a name tag, for all I know he found a name tag and wasn't really an employee. In this day and age one cannot be too careful. To watch me is fine, I have invited them to help me shop in the past... but to act all creepy and keep getting close to my purse and my children is past not being discreet and goes straight to being either a potential thief or pervert.

That is a little too close for comfort. I've never seen a team member of AP get that close to someone that they're watching. Was he looking at some merchandise or basically just watching you? I would of had to say something.

Even being a team member, I get watched quite often while I'm perimeter shopping. I guess AP alerts the cashiers as I am going to the front to "watch out" for me and then when I hand them my team member discount they always say "Oh, you work for Target?" lol

That is a little too close for comfort. I've never seen a team member of AP get that close to someone that they're watching. Was he looking at some merchandise or basically just watching you? I would of had to say something.

Even being a team member, I get watched quite often while I'm perimeter shopping. I guess AP alerts the cashiers as I am going to the front to "watch out" for me and then when I hand them my team member discount they always say "Oh, you work for Target?" lol

I agree. If something like that happens again, I would take a name and description and first ask for a manager of up front, then call corporate.

Actually, the AP people who are in red shirts don't wear name tags that I have ever seen. I had the experience with the nasty guy I described earlier. He never has a name tag. And, one day when I was looking for a manager to complain that one of those Eddie Bauer Horseshoes sets fell of a top shelf and nearly hit DS, I asked a guy if he was a manager and he turned out to be AP. He also was without a name tag.

great target day! went to 2 targets found 10 of the hippo baskets to use if my child decides she wants a zoo birthday party (it is in the running) if not i will probably use them for baby shower gifts with bath stuff or something for $10 total. 3 pairs of socks for .39 a pink shirt for .89, 10 packs of eggs for like .07 each, 3 bunny hats for .39 i think, and then in the baby section were outfits of long sleeved onsies and pants for .79!! they had a bunny on the front but weren't really easter they weren't marked on clearence and actually didn't have a price on them at all but I had seen them at the other target a few days earlier at 50% it seems like everyone I know is having a baby soon so I got 3 blue and 3 pink!!

They marked the Disney Mix Sticks with Cars on them to 30% today - $34.98 I think. I saw the Thomas sets as well. Interestingly they marked them back up to $12.99 from the $9.99 they had been before Christmas and for the last several weeks before they marked them clearance. They also marked the Disney Cars Mack Truck Playset from 30% off Clearance back up to a higher price than before. They had been $14.99, marked to $11.18, and now they are $15.99. Weird stuff going on lately.

They were also marking a bunch of Winnie the Pooh baby clothes half price as well as some other baby clothes and odds and ends. Saw most of the odds and ends in the boys department on the end of the underwear.

They were also marking a bunch of Winnie the Pooh baby clothes half price as well as some other baby clothes and odds and ends. Saw most of the odds and ends in the boys department on the end of the underwear.

Thank you so much for this update, I will be heading out the door tomorrow am to search my Target, I want to do the new babys room in the pooh stuff they have and the clothes are so adorable too!

Skipped Target today, but heading out for more Mt. Dew 12 packs tomorrow. You just can't beat $1.50 a 12 pack. My husband is addicted. He manages a company and he works midnights so he drinks it like water. (personally Im a diet coke gal) so have to keep stocked up. lol

I was coming to post about the headphones someone already mentioned. They're Jabra, known to be good quality. I've only used them with my phone (not my ipod yet) so far but the sound is great! I was having trouble finding a wireless one that I liked (without any static!) so I decided to just get a corded one instead. Regular price was $34.99, I paid $8.74 (75% off).

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-12/qid=1176768555/ref=sr_1_12/602-8526241-9936665?ie=UTF8&asin=B00083LGI4

Very upset today had a bunch of full price items I was paying for and had a few items like the kellogs cereal and oreo cookies and they wouldn't take the coupons The lady who was younger than I was very hot headed and very disprespectful (dont even know if she was a manager). The clerk said we dont take copied coupons I said I printed them from ur website just now and Im not buying much and I said they are not copied they are web coupons from ur site she said well u cant do that .....do what?.... I said you put them there for a reason and oh well I walked out she was very disrespectful acting manner!!! oh well went to another store and everything was fine actually for me I have 4 Targets in my area so Im good!!!!

Very upset today had a bunch of full price items I was paying for and had a few items like the kellogs cereal and oreo cookies and they wouldn't take the coupons The lady who was younger than I was very hot headed and very disprespectful (dont even know if she was a manager). The clerk said we dont take copied coupons I said I printed them from ur website just now and Im not buying much and I said they are not copied they are web coupons from ur site she said well u cant do that .....do what?.... I said you put them there for a reason and oh well I walked out she was very disrespectful acting manner!!! oh well went to another store and everything was fine actually for me I have 4 Targets in my area so Im good!!!!

THAT is the type of attitude I run into at my ST. Like they want to challenge you on everything. Like it is coming out of THEIR pockets (the cashier's) The attitude seems to get worse everytime I go in there. I think the whole Choxie deal might of been the turning point. Every time I go in there, the "coupon rules" seem to change. One time it is "only 5 internet coupons per order" Next time, only 1 of ANY type of coupon per item, then 5 total coupons per order. I can't keep track of their ever changing rules!!! I leave frustrated and mad nearly every time. AND, I am not one who abuses the system. I never got 30+ free Choxies or anything!

I used to LOVE Target, now, I go in there ready to do battle. It is exhausting. They make me feel like a criminal sometimes.:( My husband won't even go there with me, anymore. He gets embarrased when I stand up for my rights.