Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I went to my Target today, a lot of light bulbs only one or two tampered with but not one red card, I wonder if they were all put away. I saw a power washer in a beat up box all by itself, I got so excited because this is something we could never really afford. My heart was racing as I lugged it over to the price checker. My two small boys and I lugged it up to the price checker, it was so heavy. My palms were sweaty in anticipation and it was two hundred dollars-I never have any luck getting the deals you guys get. Maybe I should just give up-I'm a target failure!

Awww, don't give up! Sometimes I get discouraged when I see so many deals posted but I can't find anything. Then I realize that not everyone gets these deals, it's just many people posting, not one person finding all of the deals.

Some news on the light bulbs with gift cards. I kept noticing that several of them didn't seem to have been tampered with, nor did they have any cards in them. No white. No red. Well, I needed 60 watt bulbs, which are hard to see where the cards are anyway, and the pack I bought didn't appear to have any cards in it at all. When I opened it, the $1 coupon card was behind the front promo wrapper. So, in addition to being between the bulbs, you might find them down the front of the packs.

You can find the value of the gift card on the back top right corner. It says something like You have won a $X Target Gift Card. If it is worth more than $25, you apparently have to call to get it sent to you.

Tonight I got 6 tubes of toothpaste (dual packs) and deoderant all for $.59! :) Used coupons on these obviously. I also got a talking baby thing reg 34.99 marked down to 8.xx and some shelves for my mom for 7.xx. Pretty good night overall, except I went to a small Target and they didn't have eggs, which is the reason I went. :( But I cheered up after my toothpaste and deoderant purchase. :D

I picked up the IQuest hand held for 12.48 tonight (normally $50) and a pack with 3 iquest cartridges for $6.24. Also the Huggable Dora Doll with bonus CD Rom for 2.48! Got the light bulbs but only $1 off coupon inside so 1.25 for a pack of 8 bulbs. Not bad

I got a Black and Decker socket set $4.98, a screwdriver bit set for $4.98, tape measure for $1.48, some wooden crafts that say sports for $.98 each duct tape for $.38 and two packs of light bulbs but they only had the dollar card. I am going back to look again though I only had 15 minutes to shop.

well At the SuperTarget in Viera FL, somebody opened the tops of all the lightbulb packages and removed the 5 dollar gc's.....the ones with the 1 dollar's were still there, and yes the packages were open......ticked me off though, that someone would steal all those gift cards.:g_shrug:

the same thing here, there were ones with a white card in there & the rest had holes ripped in them and no cards in them

I went out tonight specifically to see if I could find some deals on the lightbulbs. I did not open a single one, I squeezed them like someone said and I found 15 of the $5 ones. The 3pk of floodlights had a ton of them but they were $5.74 to buy, so not worth it for $5... watch, one of them were $100 or something! If I couldnt find the card easily, I put it back, I was not going to rip open a package for $5... But my store had an entire endcap to go through! I found about 5 on the 2pk packages, 5 on the 3pk bigger bulbs and 5 on the 8pk. Those were tricky to go through without ripping so I left a lot of those on the shelves.

Call me greedy but I am going to 2 more targets tomorrow to see what they have. Hey, I am buying the bulbs, if I find $5 in the process so be it.

And my store had a few that had holes in them with no cards, about 5 pks were ripped open.

It was funny, my friend and I were sitting on the floor squeezing light bulb boxes to see if we could find the gift cards. You should of seen the people looking at us like we were crazy. We found about 8 boxes with gift cards in them, but we left them for someone else. Didn't really need light bulbs anyway. If we would of found the $100 one, that would be a different story. We didn't have to rip any packs open, just stretch the plastic a little to see the amount.

While you are out looking for gift cards in the light packages - there is something else to look for with a nice coupon in the box.

Look for the large tube of Crest Pro Health Toothpaste 7.8 oz with the free full size Pro Health Oral Rinse sample. It is normally around $4.00 but is marked down to $1.74 - AND there is a $1.50 coupon inside the box making it only .24 cents. I picked up 10 boxes today for me, the wife and 2 kids. I went to customer service and parked my buggy so I wasn't in line, but so the lady at customer service could see me opening the boxes. I got out all the coupons, then walked up to customer service and paid for them, that way no-one could say I was doing anything dishonest. I got 10 large tubes of crest toothpaste and 10 bottles of Pro Health mouth rinse for a total of $2.40;)

I found 4 of the $5 ones at one store. You could see someone had squeezed most of them, but none were ripped. The ones I found were where the gift card was not in the expected place. I just kept peeking through the holes in the package until I found some. They were all in the 3pk of 40watt ones.

The other Target, every single package had been opened, gift cards were missing, etc. I found one $5 card there in a pack of the floodlights...it was again on the bottom of the box instead of in between the bulbs.

the same thing here, there were ones with a white card in there & the rest had holes ripped in them and no cards in them

You know, those people that steal the gift cards will pay in the end. They may have made some money now, but in the long run, they probably won't find the deals we do. We will save more money than they stole. I feel if you are a good and honest person you will be rewarded.

I found 4 of the $5 ones at one store. You could see someone had squeezed most of them, but none were ripped. The ones I found were where the gift card was not in the expected place. I just kept peeking through the holes in the package until I found some. They were all in the 3pk of 40watt ones.

The other Target, every single package had been opened, gift cards were missing, etc. I found one $5 card there in a pack of the floodlights...it was again on the bottom of the box instead of in between the bulbs.

Do you live in York, pa?

While you are out looking for gift cards in the light packages - there is something else to look for with a nice coupon in the box.

Look for the large tube of Crest Pro Health Toothpaste 7.8 oz with the free full size Pro Health Oral Rinse sample. It is normally around $4.00 but is marked down to $1.74 - AND there is a $1.50 coupon inside the box making it only .24 cents. I picked up 10 boxes today for me, the wife and 2 kids. I went to customer service and parked my buggy so I wasn't in line, but so the lady at customer service could see me opening the boxes. I got out all the coupons, then walked up to customer service and paid for them, that way no-one could say I was doing anything dishonest. I got 10 large tubes of crest toothpaste and 10 bottles of Pro Health mouth rinse for a total of $2.40;)

Thank you, I was looking at those today and now will go back tomorrow since we are going in to reserve a Pokemon game.......Got lightbulbs and had fun checking the packs for giftcards, we found 5 and bought a bunch of lightbulbs that we needed, we seem to go through alot of 40 watt ones and my mother uses the 3-way ones so essentially its like getting the bulbs for free since I bought more than the 5 packages with giftcards. Now to find cheap deodorant, we don't get coupns in our papers here.....

I went out tonight specifically to see if I could find some deals on the lightbulbs. I did not open a single one, I squeezed them like someone said and I found 15 of the $5 ones. The 3pk of floodlights had a ton of them but they were $5.74 to buy, so not worth it for $5... watch, one of them were $100 or something! If I couldnt find the card easily, I put it back, I was not going to rip open a package for $5... But my store had an entire endcap to go through! I found about 5 on the 2pk packages, 5 on the 3pk bigger bulbs and 5 on the 8pk. Those were tricky to go through without ripping so I left a lot of those on the shelves.

Call me greedy but I am going to 2 more targets tomorrow to see what they have. Hey, I am buying the bulbs, if I find $5 in the process so be it.

And my store had a few that had holes in them with no cards, about 5 pks were ripped open.

May I ask your location? Or at least what state you're in?

There really aren't any more bulbs in Kalamazoo, MI and the very few, like 20, that are left have been picked through, looks like numerous times. I returned some tonight since I rebought them cheaper later and mine didn't have cards in them... So some that people think are stolen cards may be returns?

I looked for the light bulbs yesterday and found them on an end cap but do you know every box no matter what the watt had been opened. Now that is just sad..and who ever said we will get better deals is right. I did find a double packs of the Colgate toothpaste for $1.74 and I had 2 $1.50 coupon so I got 2 packs ( 4 tubes) with 2 coupons for a total of 48 cents. I am going to the other Target today since the Target coupon book came in the mail yesterday and a lot of the coupons in it are things that were on clearence yesterday.

Unfortunately, I guess there are reports of this mouthwash staining peoples teeth brown!! :eyepoppin Read about it on another site and thought it was a joke at first. Now I have 3 boxes and guess I may have to just throw the stuff away!! At least it was cheap toothpaste! Look here, and I also googled it and there is more info... http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280310&SearchID=73246339076688

Yes. Do you, too?

No, but I go there occasionally. I live outside of York Springs, way out in the country. My closest one is in Carlisle. The people there are so nice about all of my coupons. The one girl goes 'wow, do you print these off of the internet? I wish I had time for that' I went to the one by West Manchester Mall once and there was a guy in there who had a fit about my choxie coupons. I am scared to go back there now to use my coupons. I hope Hanover puts one in soon.

I have to give a big THANKS to this site!! I've had trouble keeping up the past week or so with posts, just too busy. I had bought the 8pack 75watt bulbs on clearance last week, but when I read the outside, I thought if you "won" a giftcard it would show up at the register (didn't read the small print on the back). So I just put them w/ the others in the basement. Well, after catching up here yesterday, went to the basement to check my bulbs. Turns out I won $100!!!! I never ever have that kind of luck! You can just imagine how ticked I would have been if I didn't open the package til after the expiration date of the card in June & lost out on that money!! So a big thanks to this site that made me go & check mine!!!!

Oh I would have loved to win $100 I just found one with a $5 GC in it. I sat there forever looking at pkgs...Yes some I did have to poke a small hole in to move the plastic card around BUT when I found a $5 one I bought the bulbs I didn't steal it like other people did that is just WRONG!

Kmagenta, I am in CT. I hadnt seen these on clearance until now at 50% off. And I perimeter peruse 1x a week at LEAST. I was so worried security was going to come over on me (after that person had that dream about the security lady following her!!) but I figured since I didnt cheat and poke holes and I did not steal the GC out (any that had a GC, I boguht) that I really wasnt doing anything wrong. I am surprised that more boxes werent opened with GC's taken out.. the one I went to last night isnt in the best town. But then again, ppl around here dont read these boards if they did... many more good deals I got would be gone! Now, I really wonder how many will be busted open in the next 2 Targets I hit! Both are in a mall....

No, but I go there occasionally. I live outside of York Springs, way out in the country. My closest one is in Carlisle. The people there are so nice about all of my coupons. The one girl goes 'wow, do you print these off of the internet? I wish I had time for that' I went to the one by West Manchester Mall once and there was a guy in there who had a fit about my choxie coupons. I am scared to go back there now to use my coupons. I hope Hanover puts one in soon.

The one at the Galleria Mall is a really nice store and they are helpful in there. They never give me any problems with coupons or anything else, and that's where the light bulb packages were still intact. lol It's closer to my house, so I go there most often. I think clearance items go faster there, though, and they seem to mark down first thing in the morning when I can't get there!

I have had several problems with the West Manchester store...I have bought at least 4 things there in boxes that were missing pieces or damaged when I got them home. Once, I bought a vacuum there only to discover it had been used and was filthy inside. When I took it back, they didn't want to refund me and accused me of being the one that used it. I finally got it straightened out though, but not before being super embarrassed about it.

I'm still glad we have 2 Targets in town though. It takes me forever to get to Hanover from where I live. I have found great stuff in their Kohl's though.

I live in Bergen County, NJ where stores are closed on Sunday. Does anyone know if Target will discount Easter items the Saturday before as they will be closed Easter Sunday?

All of the Targets around here are closed on Sunday just for it being a holiday.

I bought Easter Baskets last night, and they rang up at 15% off. There was no sign....I don't know if that was an advertised sale or the beginning of clearance. I know at Christmas, things were 15% off a few days before and then 30% off the day before.

I went last night to one near me and all the light bulb packages were ripped into and the white cards weere the only ones left oh well. I guess whoever stole them needed them more than me. I did score some really neat toddler meals kinda like lunchables but for the toddlers, they were on clearance for $2.58 ea I bought 5. I scored 6 dozen of the free eggs, 4 10 pks of the juice boxes FINALLY, 6 mini raviolis @ .59 ea, 6 pop tarts @ .53 ea, a bubble machine with 2 things of bubbles and 6 batteries included for $8.88 (babysitter said this was great deal so I bought her one). All in all good trip.

I found a $5 gift card in a package of light bulbs :) then 2 different metal storage racks for 75% off, I bought 2 of them a few months ago and they're very nice. Also, found the free eggs with 50 cent coupons and a package of thin steak that ended up at $0.16 after the target $2 coupon plus the $1.50 coupon on the package :)

Grabbed more light bulbs this morning. Only got $1 off coupons. Darn it. But, I did score in the toys section. Got Huggable Pablo/ Dora/ and Diego with computer download game from Nick Arcagde for $2.48 each. Also got a couple Sing and Explore Sailor Pablo's for $3.74. Cart was full, had to leave.:smirk:

Finally managed to find a pressure washer (29.98) ! I was so happy but now DH says he wanted a gas operated one - said electric one is too much trouble. So either he can take it back or learn to love it. He doesn't understand how hard it is to find that clearance stuff. He must think the shelves are full and I just strolled into one store and there it was - yeah right.

Found this one after searching 3 stores and burned 1/2 tank of gas!

Finally managed to find a pressure washer (29.98) ! I was so happy but now DH says he wanted a gas operated one - said electric one is too much trouble. So either he can take it back or learn to love it. He doesn't understand how hard it is to find that clearance stuff. He must think the shelves are full and I just strolled into one store and there it was - yeah right.

Found this one after searching 3 stores and burned 1/2 tank of gas!

I go through the same thing with my husband... the whole idea of buying something and THEN finding a need for it completely escapes him. To him, first you need to have a reason to buy something and THEN you go out and buy it and spend whatever it costs. This, of course, is the complete opposite of how I shop at Target. I spend most money on stuff I don't have an immediate need for. The need will come eventually!:rolleyes: