Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Ditto for me...

And if you think that people opening the pkgs and stealing the cards is sick, you'd have really been irritated (as I was) when walking through Wal-Mart's diaper aisle, seeing a package of diapers open, and obviously one (or more) removed because someone wouldn't buy the package...what a life that child has to look forward to!:no:

When I was working at Sam's Club, (and probably Walmart since it is the same company) if somebody opened a pack of diapers or wipes, the rest of the package got tossed down the trash chute. So by somebody stealing one, it causes a big negative impact to the environment.

In the clearance area where there is sporting goods/car stuff there were golf organizers marked from 49 to about 12.99...the lady who saw them first got two today, bummer! But, a good deal! They are in a large flat box.

Congrats!!! I am glad I posted it and glad you read it and found the $100:)

So did you find the $100 in a 3 pack or 8 pack?

I found my $100. card in a 3way pack! :groovin:

What sucks is my girlfriends and I went an hour out of town this weekend just to go fondle lightbulbs. A last minute decision when they finally decided to listen to me but we realized there were only like 15 at our 2 local stores. We went to one store and not even a $5. card and hardly any bulbs left. Went to another store and there was a packed endcap and not even touched! We only made it through half of them with 3 of us quickly looking and found 4 $5. cards but my friend had a sure feeling there was a $100 card in there but they shut the lights off on us!!!!!!!!!!

The day before I had gone to a store in another town to look but with my 4 yr old Goddaughter, not expecting to find any. That was a bad idea! There was a whole untouched endcap but my Goddaughter decided to throw a fit and start crawling on the floor etc.. Then she started loudly saying why are you poking holes in there? and then she decided to grab some and start poking at the bulbs themselves. So I just had to go!!!!!!!

I AM SOO EXCITED..:yelclap:finally the FP MP3 Players were down to 12.48. Also got 4 packs of the round reveal lights (and "squeezed the box ) and got 4 $5.00 gc. :g_dance::g_laughin:gdclap: :gdclap: The cards are between the boxes that are wrapped in 3s. Not inside the individual box. Like a previous forum friend said.. turn the large part of the bulb toward you and squeeze it alittle to separate the two boxes so you can see the card that is slid in. There were several employees marking things down in the deodorant and soap department. Now to save up for the "after easter sale":giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

niccci - I see you are from Oklahoma...me too! Which Target had the FP3 player at 75% off? The thing I really wanted was the Remote Start w/keyless entry but never did find even one at either the Norman SuperTarget or the regular Target in OKC. :(

When I was working at Sam's Club, (and probably Walmart since it is the same company) if somebody opened a pack of diapers or wipes, the rest of the package got tossed down the trash chute. So by somebody stealing one, it causes a big negative impact to the environment.

Most of the time not really. The landfill guys get them then. I know someone that never bought any diapers, the dad worked at a landfill.

Quick question. I'm new here and wondering about the mm juice boxes. What are they, how much are they and is there a coupon in the generator? Also, I see a lot of people talking about the clearance aisle. Is this something that every store has? I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to recall if mine has one... Maybe I'm missing out on a lot of good deals. Thanks for any information!

Quick question. I'm new here and wondering about the mm juice boxes. What are they, how much are they and is there a coupon in the generator? Also, I see a lot of people talking about the clearance aisle. Is this something that every store has? I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to recall if mine has one... Maybe I'm missing out on a lot of good deals. Thanks for any information!

Pretty much every target has clearance "endcaps" at the end of one of the aisles in each department. Most clearance stuff will be there. Some stores also will put clearances from all different depts on a single aisle,,,,it varies where it is located. And also, sometimes you can find clearance items on the shelves with the 'non-clearance' items. But most things are on the back end caps around the perimeter of the store (hence, "Perimeter Perusers").

One thing I learned to look for is things "out of place" ... If an item, say an electronic dart board, is placed on a sporting goods or toy shelves and it is by itself and with no matching shelf tags, then scan it. Sometimes it was just put in the wrong place. But often, it is on clearance and really has no place. Most of these items do not have red clearance stickers.

Also, if you find an item you are interested in on the clearance aisle and it is marked just 15%-30% on the red tag, always scan it before overlooking it. Many times additional markdowns have been made but the sticker was just not changed.

The juices are random 10 pack Minute Maid juice boxes... you will find them on the shelf with all the other juices. They are not marked sale or clearance, but they ring up $.69. Someone once said they are actually not supposed to be sold as a pack, but that they are supposed to be sold individually in the Target food courts for .69 a BOX. But every once in a while you may find them on a shelf for re-sale as a whole pack of 10 boxes. I think with most folks it is just like a game to try to find these. BTW, the 10 pack orange juice is not included...it is usually fruit punch or apple juice that you can find.

As far as the coupon generator, I can't answer that since I have not used it.

Thanks FloridaSunshine.. I'll have to look. I have found some good deals along the perimeter of my Target but did not notice an aisle devoted to clearance. My store probably doesn't so I'll keep to the perimeter. Unfortunately I usually only have time to peruse during my lunch hour so kind of limited on time. However, they are building a new one about 5 minutes from my house. I hope its a SuperTarget. I don't think they have any of those in Ohio. I can't wait!!

Boy do I feel really stupid. I saw the light bulbs on clearance last weekend. Pointed at them, and my husband was talking to his brother on the phone at the time, so he just picked up a package of them and tossed them in the cart. I was reading through this, and had to go look.. What do you know, we paid $2.25 for the bulbs and inside was a $5 gift card.... DUH. Guess I'll be going back today....:shock:

went to Howell NJ Target and got: 3 MM apple juiice 69 cents - this was the 3rd time I've been able to take advantage of this deal; 2 Sky dancers $1.98; dora the explora huggable w/computer game $2.48; Huggable Pablo $2.48 plus a couple of other things I paid full price for Saw but didn't buy Wii memory cards and case clearanced for $17xx - the GE reveal lightbulbs clearanced for $2xx - noticed most packages were 'poked' looking for the gift cards lol.

The mini ravioli are .99 and there's .50 coupon in the target coupon generator, and there's a coupon that expires in a few days for 1.00 off 5 cans. I got 5 cans for $1.45.

Thanks for the info. I am going tonight to pick up some grocery items, I'll have to ad that to my list.

I went to our Target last night to check out the light bulbs. When I got there I picked up a pack and noticed a hole in the top, some others completely opened up, all red cards removed from each and every pack, white cards were left behind. :mad:

Question for all you Target regulars.

There is an item I would like to buy on-line since I have a $15 off $100 coupon but the item I want is only in stores! Do you think they would ever honor the coupon in stores?

I have absolutely no idea but I would print out the webpage. But why would it be online if only in stores and then take that and your coupon to the customer service desk and maybe even need to talk to a manager. Worth a try.... Sometimes things surprise you, but never know until you ask...

oh now, that is just scuzzy!!!!! Opening the package, STEALING the gift cards, and leaving the bulbs there. Some people are just NASTY!!!! It is one thing to 'peek' without opening , but entirely another to open a package and steal the contents!

Just got back form my Target and there were about 25 or so packages of the light bulbs. EVERY SINGLE ONE had been tampered with and oddly enough they all had been slit open in the exact same spot. Needless to say, no gift cards not even any of the coupons. :confused:

When I bought the eggs I told the clerk that I always use the Supertarget coupons but he said they can't accept them because they are not a SuperTarget store. I am going to go to the courtesy counter next time and ask them if they accept them.

Target stores do accept Super Target coupons. Your cashiers are misinformed. I would call and speak to the manager. I would also call Target customer service and tell them what happened.

Hey I just wanted to thank the person who posted about the light bulbs. I squeezed and pulled but never broke or stole and found two with red cards. I just assumed that since they were both red, they were $5 each and one was but the other one was for $100.:D

well At the SuperTarget in Viera FL, somebody opened the tops of all the lightbulb packages and removed the 5 dollar gc's.....the ones with the 1 dollar's were still there, and yes the packages were open......ticked me off though, that someone would steal all those gift cards.:g_shrug:

I went to our Target last night to check out the light bulbs. When I got there I picked up a pack and noticed a hole in the top, some others completely opened up, all red cards removed from each and every pack, white cards were left behind. :mad:

I noticed the same thing when I went today. I just happened to get lucky and pick up a pack that wasn't opened yet and when I opened it there was a red card in there but it didn't have the amount listed on it. When the cashier scanned it it was for $5.00 but most packs had a hole in them.

I went to my Target today, a lot of light bulbs only one or two tampered with but not one red card, I wonder if they were all put away. I saw a power washer in a beat up box all by itself, I got so excited because this is something we could never really afford. My heart was racing as I lugged it over to the price checker. My two small boys and I lugged it up to the price checker, it was so heavy. My palms were sweaty in anticipation and it was two hundred dollars-I never have any luck getting the deals you guys get. Maybe I should just give up-I'm a target failure!