Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

How much were the light bulbs? I am trying to switch to all of the energy saving kind, but if they are cheap enough, I could always buy them and give them away if I find any with gift cards.

I bought a bunch of 8 pk 40 watt Reveal ones. They are normally $4.50, so at 50% off they'd be $2.25. Not sure about the other sizes! I was too excited about finding the 65 watt (non-Reveal) floodlights on clearance in the b1g1f packs. We use a ton of those in this house, and normally they are at least $3.00 each.

I bought a bunch of 8 pk 40 watt Reveal ones. They are normally $4.50, so at 50% off they'd be $2.25. Not sure about the other sizes! I was too excited about finding the 65 watt (non-Reveal) floodlights on clearance in the b1g1f packs. We use a ton of those in this house, and normally they are at least $3.00 each.

Thanks, I will have to check it out when my sister and my friend do our weekly Target run tomorrow.

Does anyone know exactly which lightbulbs are marked down. I want to go in and

scan some of the packs, because they aren't marked at my store.

They are the GE Reveal, they are are marked on the outside of the package as part of a Target special.

The Reveal light bulbs at Target here in NC are 50% off. Prices varied depending on the size of the pack from 2.25 for an 8 pack to 3.98 for the indoor flood lights. I checked all of the packages and only one out of about 25 had the $5 gift card. Eggs were also on sale 50 cents per dozen.

One of my best Target days ever and a great cashier!!

I bought two GE Reveal pks at 3.74 each (they were the 2pk flood lights and they both had a $5 gift card in them) - plus i had 2 $1 off coupons and a $5 GC from another pk of GE bulbs that i'd bought the other day..

so...i had him ring those up - $7.58 - minus the 2 $1 coupons - $5.58 - minus $5 GC - paid $.58 plus tax OOP..

Then i let him scan the rest of my stuff while i opened the two light bulb pkgs and got out the GC's (2 at $5 each)

Here is what i bought....

4 canisters Purina Naturals cat food (had 4 free coupons for this cat food) - $3.29 each

2 8pk bottles of Diet Coke - on sale for $3 each - target coupons for $1 off of each so $2 each

1 6 pk Diet Dr. Pepper - on sale for $2.29 - target coupon for $1 off so $1.29

2 boxes of Strawberry Poptarts - on sale for $1.52 - 2 target coupons for $1 off each, so $.52 each

my total was $6.33 - minus 2 $5 GC and walked out with $2.79 on a gift card...

So total OOP for everything today was -$2.00 overage on the GC - WOOHOO!

Are the eggs on sale at regular or super target?

Both, but not all. I know that seems contradictory, but basically they are on sale for $.50 at some regular Targets. We don't have Supertargets here in the Los Angeles region, but I found them at one of our local stores. Two others did not have them. Basically, if they have the Market Pantry name on them and are the size Large (not extra large), then they are probably $.50. The other brand names are %0ff instead.

All ours at 3 different stores appear to have been gone through already. :( Most had the plastic wrapping torn already. No gift cards. Bummer.

oh now, that is just scuzzy!!!!! Opening the package, STEALING the gift cards, and leaving the bulbs there. Some people are just NASTY!!!! It is one thing to 'peek' without opening , but entirely another to open a package and steal the contents!

I FINALLY got some of the juice boxes I've been hearing about for months! Found 3 packages, all Fruit Punch, but for 69 cents, who cares?? The kids will drink 'em!

The Target I went to was still at 50% off for the FP3 player, and I bought one more (there was only one, unmarked, and put back on a peg with the FP Digital Cameras, so I'm sure someone was intentionally hiding it there...sorry!), since either my younger ds will be ready for one by Christmas, or I can give it to my nephew for Christmas. I haven't decided when I'm going to give my older ds his, but it probably won't be until Christmas, as he has PLENTY for Easter already (mostly thanks to this site, particularly this thread!):D

I'll have to check our local Target tomorrow to see if the FP3 players there went down any more, as they had a bunch...of course, if they did, I've probably already missed out on them...oh well, still not a bad price for $24.xx...

Finally got the dora carriage thing today for $4.98. Also found a juice pack, which I haven't found in quite a while! It was different looking and had chuck e cheese stuff on it. Also got colgate toothpaste value pack 50% off. It was 1.74 and I had two .75 off coupons, so I got it for .24. Definately going back to get more of those.

We only use energy efficient bulbs so it's killing me that everyone is getting them with the $5.00 off in them!

Saw, but did not buy, 5 of the MM apple juice packs in Alhambra CA. Just didn't need any more. I am loaded with juice for a while. ;)

Of the 5 stores I visited today (youngest DS finally back in school after several days sick, so I treated myself :cheesy: ) only one had marked the clearance toys to 75%. Fortunately that store had some Geotrax Track and a Playmobil set I wanted marked that low.

Nothing else to report.

oh now, that is just scuzzy!!!!! Opening the package, STEALING the gift cards, and leaving the bulbs there. Some people are just NASTY!!!! It is one thing to 'peek' without opening , but entirely another to open a package and steal the contents!

I found 2 pks of the bulbs today, but squished & squeezed & peered at every angle. I could not see any cards in the package and the packages appeared to be intact. It had a red ad on the outside talking about winning, so I am sure they were the right packages. I didn't buy them though, so maybe they were hidden in there somewhere. I did get 3! of the juice today though, apple.

When I bought the eggs I told the clerk that I always use the Supertarget coupons but he said they can't accept them because they are not a SuperTarget store. I am going to go to the courtesy counter next time and ask them if they accept them.

I found 2 pks of the bulbs today, but squished & squeezed & peered at every angle. I could not see any cards in the package and the packages appeared to be intact. It had a red ad on the outside talking about winning, so I am sure they were the right packages. I didn't buy them though, so maybe they were hidden in there somewhere.

Ditto for me...

And if you think that people opening the pkgs and stealing the cards is sick, you'd have really been irritated (as I was) when walking through Wal-Mart's diaper aisle, seeing a package of diapers open, and obviously one (or more) removed because someone wouldn't buy the package...what a life that child has to look forward to!:no:

Are those GCs in the regular 60/100 watt reveal light bulb packages? Or in the spotlight/floodlight bulbs? I saw several packages on clearance this past weekend, but didn't think to buy any because I want to only use the CFL bulbs.

Hey I just wanted to thank the person who posted about the light bulbs. I squeezed and pulled but never broke or stole and found two with red cards. I just assumed that since they were both red, they were $5 each and one was but the other one was for $100.:D

WOW!! :eyepoppin WTG...guess I'll be buying some light bulbs tomorrow!

Hey I just wanted to thank the person who posted about the light bulbs. I squeezed and pulled but never broke or stole and found two with red cards. I just assumed that since they were both red, they were $5 each and one was but the other one was for $100.:D

Oh my gosh. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Imagine finding that on clearance merchandise. I also went back today and looked for more bulbs. Every package had a nice neat slit in it. Many still had the $1 coupons still there. I thought maybe it was the store that was making sure it didn't give out a $100 card on clearance merchandise. I can't imagine someone just standing there slitting open every package. Kind of weird to me:razz: Even the dollar off was still a good deal when you applied it to the bulbs. Very cheap especially since my husband always yells at me for leaving lights on.

I also found 4 grape juice packs today and by looking at how so many others also found some, I'm wondering if this is maybe one of the days to watch??? I suppose there is probably no method to how they stock those juices on the shelf, but it sure would be nice to at least know if there is a particular day to watch for! I always take a peak down the juice aisle for them when I go. I would also like to find apple. I've only found grape and fruit punch. (Of course I shouldn't be picky. I'm just happy to find some and my kiddos certainly don't care!! The apple is always nicer than grape or fruit punch when you consider the stain factor though! LOL.)

Congrats!!! I am glad I posted it and glad you read it and found the $100:)

So did you find the $100 in a 3 pack or 8 pack?

My ad says 10% off one dozen large eggs,,,,bummer.

But I did manage to find the Kitchen Aid 14 piece revolving countertop carousel cutlery set for $24.xx marked down from $99.xx - and I used 5 of the $5.00 gift cards I found in the clearenced light bulbs to pay for it. :)

I went on Sunday and I managed to find the 14 piece knife set for $24.xx it was on an endcap in the stationary section:runaway: