Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Just got back from Target. They were marking down alot of tools... plyers,socket sets;stud finders etc. 30% but they had alot of nice things so if you need them you should start watching them until they get to at least 50%. FB MP3 players are STILL 30% off. I didnt see anything else new being marked down.

Has anyone seen or heard about the new Target Paperless Coupon program that they are trying out? Got a little info on that today.

Come on and spill it already.Whats this about paperless coupons.Probably another way to prevent fraud.

I think they are trying to make it harder to use coupons in all repects. Just had trouble this weekend using coupons from the Sunday paper. The cashier was trying to tell me I couldn't use two of the same coupon in the same transaction.

I finally got my fireplace screen for $9.98, 75% off. I bought it and a few other things from the craft/stationary 75% off that I found at different places around the store. The cashier gave me my total ($16.xx) and actually commented that I found some really good deals. He said there was no way he was expecting the total to only be $16. I was pleased with myself that I impressed the Target cashier. LOL

I finally caught some of the Wii games on clearance. The only one that was marked was the one that comes with the free steering wheel for $24.xx. The other ones weren't marked clearance, they were just sitting on the shelf. I picked up Banyard Animals and Chicken little .. one was $19.xx and the other one was $24.xx. DDs b-day is next week .. great timing! I really wanted Happy Feet as someone mentioned it was clearanced, but the ones I found all rang up full price.

I finally caught some of the Wii games on clearance. The only one that was marked was the one that comes with the free steering wheel for $24.xx. The other ones weren't marked clearance, they were just sitting on the shelf. I picked up Banyard Animals and Chicken little .. one was $19.xx and the other one was $24.xx. DDs b-day is next week .. great timing! I really wanted Happy Feet as someone mentioned it was clearanced, but the ones I found all rang up full price.

Was this at a Super Target or a regular Target?? The Wii games were clearance at a regular Target here, but I missed them. Last time I checked at a Super Target, they were reg. price.

Found some deals on wedding wrapping (bags and paper) and baby thank you notes. Other than that, everything was REALLY picked through. Was really looking for the Wii games, but alas, niothing. Found out about a newer store near me and hope to score big time tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted! ;)

Has anyone seen or heard about the new Target Paperless Coupon program that they are trying out? Got a little info on that today.

I wonder if it is like those rewards cards that some of the grocery stores and pharmacies use. You get a certain price on something if you have their card but you are still able to use coupons. Maybe Target will offer fewer coupons on-line in favor of a rewards card. That way they can better track everyone's individual spending habits. Guess time will tell WHAT it is????

Was this at a Super Target or a regular Target?? The Wii games were clearance at a regular Target here, but I missed them. Last time I checked at a Super Target, they were reg. price.

It was a regular Target. They weren't locked up in the case, they were with some of the other Ninentendo games. Took them to the scanner and 2 our of 6 were mismarked on the shelves.

The one with the steering wheel was in the electronics/games clearance on an endcap.

Picked up 2 beef jerkey (coupon bogo free) this morning, asked a person stocking if I could have a box and she said "sure" so put it in my cart. At checkout guy asked what is in the basket? Said "a box". He said "You can't take it out of the store." I said "excuse me?" He said we can't let any cardboard go out of the store". I said "ok, no problem" and took it out of my cart and put it at the end of the counter. He called, I guess, a supervisor over and she again said they could let any cardboard go out of the store and she added for security reasons. What is with that????!!! I told her they need to let their employees know that as one of them said sure I could have it. What is with Target lately?

That is so absurd. At Christmas time, Target is where I get all my ebay shipping boxes. Some days I only go there to box hunt as they are unpacking stuff in the aisles. At the Targets around here, they are more than happy to let me take as many boxes as I want .. (as long as they aren't the ones that they recycle). Hope that policy hasn't changed!

I work in retail, and more that likely that store is just experiencing some theft that they need to take some actions on. You never know what could be going on with external or employee theft. I'm sure most Targets would let you do it.

I got nursing bras & tank tops @ 75% off yesterday - most were between $3-$5. Nice ones, too! Also got some gift bags and colored tissue & raffia @75% off. Still waiting on a bunch of the kids clothes to go lower than 30% - seems they have been there a while now, so hopefully soon!

Okay I get to go to Target for about 35 minutes while I wait for DS to finish ball practice at school. What areas should I check out? Any suggestions on what areas may have been marked down yesterday or today? It's 2:10 my time and I get off at 5:00. I'll check back in later to see if anyone has a suggestion.

Saw some nice maternity and regular bras for 75% off. They has some light weight blankets 30% off but wait to buy them because there are tons of them at the 2 stores I go to (like 5 endcaps)so I am sure they will reach 75% off soon. They would be a nice blanket for the summer.. you know you just need something to throw over you and a nice gift for someone too. They had several colors. In the music dept they had some cute kids books marked down 50%. Nice size for easter baskets. I overheard the lady in the baby department talking about marking things down tomorrow but I dont know if she meant IN the baby department or not.

My Target had a lot of knobs and pulls on clearance. Got everything I needed for our new kitchen cabinets being installed this weekend. Talk about last minute. lol. I was one short so the manager took the one on display and just gave it to me. That was so nice!

I got 6 boxes of the Archer Farms cereal for .48 (on clearance for 1.48 and I used the Target's $1 coupon). Maple raison crunch (my favorite)

Also got 4 large Degree Mens deodarante. Clearanced at .94 regularly 3.69! Had two $1 off coupons so got 4 for the price of 2.

There was a $ off coupon ($1 I believe) in this weeks paper for candy land and chutes and ladders and at my store, Dora version of one of these was clearanced for $4.48. Not sure if anyone needs/wants this!

Darn it! I just bought C&L on clearance there last week for $6.xx...I was there a couple of days later, and I don't think they had any left, so I guess that's as little as I could've gotten it for, anyway...but I will probably go back and check tomorrow!

Still waiting to see if those comfy chairs go on clearance...anyone know the markdown schedule on furniture?

I found a good deal today. A 20 inch flat tube Panasonic TV with VCR and DVD for 69.98 (It was 75% off). I called my son who lives on his own because I knew he needed one. He was so excited. I know its not as great as a flat screen but for a 19 year old the price was right. A lot of tools, flashlights were 50 % off. Ice scrapers were 75% off. No Wii games though. I also saw some nice electronics but they are only 15% or 30% off so I will wait and hope.