Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Ok, I have to say something on this, this is iffy on your part as to honesty. It seems the clerk is abit naive on how clearance works and I think you should of corrected her and stated it was already marked 75% off. What you taught your daughter was that it was alright to not speak up when an error is made and to deceive. I maybe out of line on this and I am sorry but it was already marked off at a fabulous price and than you wished you had got more. I am sure there are going to be those that state that its their fault for not training the clerks but lets face it, some clerks are just not up to speed on this or maybe new. I don't know how this will fan out for her but you may of caused alot of trouble for her and jeopardized her job when they go over her till totals. This is just my opinion.

She saw it was already 75% off. I DID tell her. She said "it's ok, don't worry about it". She was also NOT a teenager. This clerk has worked there a long time, so she I doubt she is naive or undertrained. There was no deception involved. Yes, I wish I had bought more, but she was willing to "write off" her mistake. I wasn't going to ask her to do it again. End of story.

My two cents about the coupons. When a store wouldnt take my coupons (the chips wouldnt scan) I called corporate and complained. I talked to a guy named Anthony and I told him I had 10 coupons for 10 bags of chips. He said that its PERFECTLY fine. As long as you have one coupon per item, than there is no limit. I have gotten up to 18 candy bars at a time and not one cashier has given me a hard time on them. They just scan them.

So my professor cancelled class last night, so I was able to head out to get the GB deals!! (now my favorite professor, lol)

I bought:

2 lg. vases @ 4.99/each

1 smaller matching vase 3.74

2 pink vases 3.74

3 lg. bags of chips 99 cents after coupon

7 small bags of chips free after coupon

8 choxie bars free

2 swiss rolls 57 cents after coupon

1 4-pack dry erase markers 2.08

1 strip scrapbooking stickers 1.38

and some other misc. stuff not on sale/clearance that I needed.

Grand total only $45 so I was VERY happy!! :) :)

I thought I finally found the 10-pack of juice boxes everyone was talking about but they scanned $3.5x - a higher price than the 15-packs, must be a mistake :confused:

I never really paid close attention to the GB area, except for the couple vases I had my eye on. So since it was 75% off I was really looking. I ended up with a few things that weren't 75% off, they were apparently stuff that was going in the same area GB had been in, and someone shelved the new items but didn't take down the 75% signs when they moved the GB stuff....oh well.

Almost every aisle in my store had clearance so really look around. I don't know of any section that didn't have clearance. The kids furniture had a lot of 75% off items, a few car cleaning items still 50% off, bedding had a ton of clearance anywhere from 30%-75% off - but mostly 75% off. And much more.

Shabby Chic is still only 30% around here. :( Picked up a couple of pair of leggings for my niece $1.20, some Valentine chocolate for .09/box, two GB pillows $4.99/ea. Missed out on the clear ruffled GB vase I wanted.

The remote starters are still 50% and I am waiting until they hit 75%.

Has anyone seen the remote starters for 75% off in the ohio areas (Dayton?) Please post if you do....TIA ;-)

My DH picked up one this morning for 75% off. I'm assuming that there were a fwe of them, because he asked me if I could think of anyone to buy it for as a gift. He was at the Target at Easton in Columbus.

Thanks for all the info on the remote starters...I want it as a gift for my sister next Christmas...she lives in Iowa and no garage ;-) I think there is an instruction CD on how to install the starter...told my DH it was part of my sister's gift that he would be installing it:tongue1:

Can some one please answer my post? I really need this info it's not anywhere on this site..:cheesy:

Are you asking about housewares and domestics? That area is where all the kitchen, bath, bed, plates, pots, pans, etc are. Domestics are the kitchen, bath, bed. Housewares are things like silverware, plates, pots, pans etc. Anything in those area.

Just beware on self installation. I drive a 1999 Pontiac and I had two family mechanics try and put this in. One worked on it for 10 hours and the other for I don't remember how long and neither could fully put it in because they had a hard time getting thru the firewall. The second one was able to install a starter in a Ford Contour just fine but not the Pontiac. Good luck. Next time, personally I would go to someplace that sold them and had professional installers.

Just beware on self installation. I drive a 1999 Pontiac and I had two family mechanics try and put this in. One worked on it for 10 hours and the other for I don't remember how long and neither could fully put it in because they had a hard time getting thru the firewall. The second one was able to install a starter in a Ford Contour just fine but not the Pontiac. Good luck. Next time, personally I would go to someplace that sold them and had professional installers.

Agreed. Dh is a mechanic and he said it depends on your cars security.

Fortunately it will work on my van. Yeah! I hate going out in the cold to start it.

I can ask him more details when he gets home.

It does say for fuel injected auto tranmission vehicles only.

This morning I went to Target. They had none of the $2.00 Choxie bars on the shelves. Got some chips but they would not let me use the coupons on them today. Here is the good part ---I was over by the valentine stuff that was 90% off and they had Pillsbury valentine funfetti cake mixes for .10 cents apiece. I got 5 of them and could kick myself because I did not get more as I went back in to get some more and someone had got all of them!! I also found two wreath boxes from Christmas stock over in the valentine stuff and I got those for $2.00 apiece. Two clerks asked me where I found those and I told them. I guess they were supposed to be salvage but they let me have them. I have been wanting some of those for a long time. They were marking down sheets and stuff this morning. I did not go over there as I do not need any more sheets.

maybe a stupid question...but can you self-install the remote starters or do they need to be professionally installed? I saw them last week, but they were only 50% off.

I got one for a Christmas present several years ago. Our friend is a professional ford mechanic and my husband is a pretty good mechanic also. It took them hours and hours to install on our ford. Not all security worked. They both said they would never install another one.

So my professor cancelled class last night, so I was able to head out to get the GB deals!! (now my favorite professor, lol)

I bought:

2 lg. vases @ 4.99/each

1 smaller matching vase 3.74

2 pink vases 3.74

3 lg. bags of chips 99 cents after coupon

7 small bags of chips free after coupon

8 choxie bars free

2 swiss rolls 57 cents after coupon

1 4-pack dry erase markers 2.08

1 strip scrapbooking stickers 1.38

and some other misc. stuff not on sale/clearance that I needed.

Grand total only $45 so I was VERY happy!! :) :)

I thought I finally found the 10-pack of juice boxes everyone was talking about but they scanned $3.5x - a higher price than the 15-packs, must be a mistake :confused:

I never really paid close attention to the GB area, except for the couple vases I had my eye on. So since it was 75% off I was really looking. I ended up with a few things that weren't 75% off, they were apparently stuff that was going in the same area GB had been in, and someone shelved the new items but didn't take down the 75% signs when they moved the GB stuff....oh well.

Almost every aisle in my store had clearance so really look around. I don't know of any section that didn't have clearance. The kids furniture had a lot of 75% off items, a few car cleaning items still 50% off, bedding had a ton of clearance anywhere from 30%-75% off - but mostly 75% off. And much more.

You probably got the 10 pack of MM orange juice with calcium. Those ring up higher than the 15 packs.

I went back to Target today to see what was left in the GB. I found a pretty GB painting in a black wooden frame originally 59.99 for 14.99, 2 wooden animals that sit on ledges for 1.24 each. I found a red IDog in the toy dept. and it scanned item not found so I found a lady with a scanner and I told her I thought that it was left from the Christmas toys and she scanned it and said "this is salvage" and I said "does that mean I cant get it" and she said tell the cashier it is 6.98:g_dance: I also got a set of jumbo canisters for 9.98 only 50% off but I needed them. No Choxie bars anywhere:no:

I added up my GB purchases from the past 2 days and I have gotten 192.xx worth of GB stuff for 48.XX:runaway: :g_dance:

I just found the 400 thread count sheets for 75% off making them 9.98 for queen and 12.48 for king (these are flat and fitted, not a set). They also had the pillowcases so I bought some of those. They had LOTS of stuff 75% off including Thomas O-brien, shabby chic, and woolrich. They also have a large aisle of 30% off stuff which I am assuming next week will go 50% or 75% depending on what they have left. At my store only 4 GB chairs and one trunk, and some miscellaneous pillows, throws... I did get some great valentines chocolate that was 90% off, it was choxie stuff that I found with the regulare choxie. AND FINALLY... three packs of MM juice.. grape flavor!

YAY!!!

The store I went to at lunch has already salvaged the Valentines Day stuff. I found some hidden items and didn't want to have to argue over the price so left them when they came up item not found. Did find a ton of diet pepsi 6pks on a an endcap with a sign saying 'price cut' 6pk for 1.25! I filled my cart up but when I got up front, they checked and said they were 3 for 10! Well, I told them to have someone meet me back there and I showed them the endcap setup with the tag on it. The lady said someone stocked the shelfs wrong. After some more not so nice comments between us both, she said she'd give me a few at the price but that's all she could do, supposedly the shelf tag was for cans and not bottles. Well, when I got back up front, the guy said I'm giving them all to you for that price as it was their error (the manager dude working up front at the registers with the headset). So I was ecstatic. I told them they made me feel like I was trying to rip them off, when all I was doing was trying to get the price the shelf said! I got 8 of them, 6 pack 24oz bottles! YIPPEE! I also got a pack of juice boxes as well for 69c. I bought a pack of grape the other day at the same store and today got apple! :))) Funny how you don't find them forever and then all of a sudden they show up-a few at a time??? Got one choxie bar as I was afraid to even use the coupon after what has been posted about people arguing over them (I hate confrontation!) They had also finally marked the Disney Mix Max stuff down again to 50 percent off at this particular store (all the others around here have gone to salvage) so got a few things there. So if you store still had any of that stuff and you wanted it, check if you want 50 off. (it had been 30 for weeks!) Happy Shopping!!!

The GB at the Target closest to my house is so picked over. I bought the last big wooden box (not sure what to call it). It was originally $119. The clasp doesn't go all the way on which is probably why it was still left on the shelf. Really there wasn't much left at all.

My Target had a couple of modular craft organizing pieces 50% off. You can stack the pieces up and make a desk.

There were dry erase calendars on clearance, a couple of paper shredders, a single letter file cabinet, some stationary like pens, paper clips, and notebooks were also on clearance - although the clearance wasn't over 50% on any of those items.

I was in the toy are and there are more toys going on clearance. Pirates of the Carribean toys, spiderman, toy story, transformers to name a few. Right now the toys were only 30% off and most of the clearance toys were boy toys.

No juice boxes either. I can never find any - grrr.

I also tried to print out coupons up at the registry but the only coupons that were coming up from the website were the new ones - the choxie's and the chip coupons weren't an option for printing.

Hey all you GB buyers. I noticed a few of the GB items got stuck in with the new Home line in a couple of stores. In some stores this is next to the GB, in others, I have found it near the stationery. Just worth a check in case you are looking for something. They were mostly the smaller things like bowls, lamps and vases.

What is decor, Housewares and domestic ? Not sure what that is when i shop on those days. Thnks:D

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Decor is stuff like lamps, furniture, framed prints, etc.

Housewares is stuff like small electronic appliances, dishes, vacuums, etc.

Domestic is bedding, kitchen linens, and bathroom linens.

I think that is basically it.

So I was jealous from hearing about all you guys getting those Choxie bars so I figured i would print out a few and try them myself. When I went up the the register with 6 of them plus the rest of my stuff the cashier was inspecting the coupons like I was stealing something! She finally let me split my order up and by one with each other item I had but I was only buying 4 other things so I though "OK 4 bars then not too bad". Well that didn't happen cause she started a stink that it was one per person and I showed her that that was not what the coupon said and then I just did not want to push it anymore. I did not wait for a manager and just left. Do you think I should write to corp or jsut forget it?