Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I called 2 Targets here in Minneapolis and they are still 50% off on GB. Man are you so lucky!!

So they lied to me! I called earlier and an employee said all GB is only 50%. But I went over there and it was 75% off.

Wanna bet they didn't scan and just looked at the signage when you called? Corporate has most likely changed all GB via computer, and some stores hadn't changed the signs first thing in the morning. Unless the tea member worked in the GB area, they probably had no idea it had gone to 75% off when you called.

My Target is five miles away, but I never call to check clearance prices. Gives team members too much of a head's up to items I want.

The only thing I saw in the global bazaar that I want (really, really, really bad! lol) is the framed metal butterfly. It was $130 or so regular price. I really don't have anywhere to hang it, but IF I can get my hands on one it's mine! I won't be able to get to a Target till tomorrow though so I'm sure they'll all be gone. I'll just have to hit every Target I can find! Help me out all of you Columbus, Ohio perusers...where are all the Targets?:D I know there's one on Brice, one on Sawmill, one on West Broad and one over on Hillard Rome Road. Are there any I'm missing?

I went to my 2nd Target to check out more GB stuff and it was pretty picked through by now. I did manage to score a Hamilton Beach Espresso/Cappachino maker for $17.xx (reg $69.99) and of course 3 free chips and 8 free choxie bars. :)

Today I got...

-Disney Mix Stuff usb ac converter for $3.74 reg. $14.99.

-Market Pantry 93% lean frozen hamburger patties for $3.62 reg. $14.99

-Go tools Pack and Play tool belt $1.24 reg. $4.99

-Marvel Die Cast car "The Thing".48¢ was .99¢.

-Assorted Valentine's stuff 90% off

Saw but didn't buy...

-Amy Coe Flutter 3 piece Crib Bedding Set in Pink was 75% off. Regular price was $70 something. Was marked $17.xx.

There were 3 of the same bedding sets but the one on clearance had a different sku #.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=in_de_detail-buybox-with-variations/602-6115737-6057437?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BR3TLY

-Folding Fire Bowl [fire pit] $17.xx reg. $69.99

I think this is the one

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-18/qid=1172166001/ref=sr_1_18/602-6115737-6057437?ie=UTF8&asin=B000F5EJNO

The only thing I saw in the global bazaar that I want (really, really, really bad! lol) is the framed metal butterfly. It was $130 or so regular price. I really don't have anywhere to hang it, but IF I can get my hands on one it's mine! I won't be able to get to a Target till tomorrow though so I'm sure they'll all be gone. I'll just have to hit every Target I can find! Help me out all of you Columbus, Ohio perusers...where are all the Targets?:D I know there's one on Brice, one on Sawmill, one on West Broad and one over on Hillard Rome Road. Are there any I'm missing?

Also the one at Easton - good store, and at Polaris - don't really get up there too much. There's one in Lancaster, but that's a small store and I never really find that much.

Just an idea for those out getting those 90% off valentines. If you have elementary age kids, check with your school to see if they ever have a need for boxes of valentines for kids too poor to afford them. Might be nice to drop off 10 boxes or so to the office so they could help out those less fortunate. My DS is almost in high school so I don't buy them anymore but will be checking with the elem schools around here to see if there is a need. Just an idea.

I ran out to Target on my lunch break and managed to get one of the GB chairs that I wanted!! The black highback orig 159.99 for 39.99!! Picked up a couple of other GB things too ... it's really picked over, but I was shocked that they still had furniture left like the asian dresser, and the large dark brown bookcase still in boxes! VDay was pretty much gone at 90% off. I'm going to try to hit some more after work :lolrun:

GB was pretty picked over where I went. But I was able to get a really good deal on a beautiful silk quilt/comforter. The price and tag was missing and the GB associate couldn't find the price. She told me that she knew that it was reg. like 179-199, but since she couldn't find the price she would mark it $99 for me. So I got it for $25. I was so happy. I also bought a buddha and a jewelry box, but the quilt was definitely my big deal.

Ok Im getting mad at my Target. They will not do more than 1 chocolate bar at a time so I make them do numerious transactions. They took my 2 chip ones no problem but then instead of ringing the 3 bars in 3 transactions she rang them in 2 so I know they can do it, they are choosing not to. I was going to fight it this time but I hate doing it and I had to get to work LOL!

Just got back from my Target. GB is 75% off. Lots of stuff there. I Just don't have a need for it.

Got 35 choxie bars. No problems. All coupons scanned and bagged. The cashier asked me if I had any coupons so she could get a free one or two at lunch. Of course I had a good sized stash.

Going to my other Target tonight to check stuff out too. Bringing my family so they can use several chip and choxie bar coupons also! Im so proud of myself. I've only eaten one. Might I say the peanut butter ones are soooo yummy!

I ran out to Target on my lunch break and managed to get one of the GB chairs that I wanted!! The black highback orig 159.99 for 39.99!! Picked up a couple of other GB things too ... it's really picked over, but I was shocked that they still had furniture left like the asian dresser, and the large dark brown bookcase still in boxes! VDay was pretty much gone at 90% off. I'm going to try to hit some more after work :lolrun:

My Target has a lot of the furniture. leather, chairs, 5 dressers (black and the antique white, etc). Also no one has touched the wicker stuff which Im surprised.

oh,,,,but you WILL! If you are like me, you will tell yourself that for about an hour or two.... then you will start thinking of another reason to go out (need milk, have an errand at the post office, etc), then you will go and decide that it would not HURT just to go peruse Target for a few minutes JUST TO LOOK....

And then 2 hours later, you walk out of Target with a buggy full of clearance stuff that you may or may not need for $32.79 that would have originally cost $212.58.

so, save yourself the stress and just go .... ;)

Too funny!!! And you were so right, except it didn't take me an hour or two, only about 10 minutes and I went to get the kids ready. Not only did I go, but I found so many things I wanted (none of which I felt I needed at 50%!) that I went to two stores. At the first I got about $400 worth of things for $100. At the second, the cashier made two errors (that I didn't notice until I looked at my receipt at home), and I got $241 worth of stuff for only $28! The kids weren't behaving and I was so ready to get home, but I am SOOO glad I went out!

Just got back from my Target. GB is 75% off. Lots of stuff there. I Just don't have a need for it.

Got 35 choxie bars. No problems. All coupons scanned and bagged. The cashier asked me if I had any coupons so she could get a free one or two at lunch. Of course I had a good sized stash.

Going to my other Target tonight to check stuff out too. Bringing my family so they can use several chip and choxie bar coupons also! Im so proud of myself. I've only eaten one. Might I say the peanut butter ones are soooo yummy!

Did you go to the Massillon one? I went there (I wonder if I saw you??) and was at the Canton one before that. They were more picked over and I was there earlier.

Yes, I was there at massillon. One of the associates brought a flat cart loaded with antique white furniture and put them on the rug in the center of the GB stuff. Also, put 4 tall wicker baskets there. Not sure if they were returns or what. My first walk through, no furniture. I go around the store and came back when I saw this young guy stocking some stuff up. Not sure what that was about. Needless to say, only the chili choxie bars are left LOL

Ok Im getting mad at my Target. They will not do more than 1 chocolate bar at a time so I make them do numerious transactions. They took my 2 chip ones no problem but then instead of ringing the 3 bars in 3 transactions she rang them in 2 so I know they can do it, they are choosing not to. I was going to fight it this time but I hate doing it and I had to get to work LOL!

That's so sad. I don't know that Target is making more work for themselves by doning one transaction at a time. Each time I've gone to Target, I get 10 bars on my receipt w/no problem. I got 20 day. Thinking of getting a few more. Ummmm.

My Target has a lot of the furniture. leather, chairs, 5 dressers (black and the antique white, etc). Also no one has touched the wicker stuff which Im surprised.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I was suprised too, there was a ton of wicker left when I went. And a lot of the smaller asian looking black chairs.

I did great at Target yesterday!!!!

I got the big Bratz baby for 6.74 reg 29.xx (going on top of easter basket)

Tons and tons of V-day candy @ 90% (going in easter baskets)

a book for son to make things from trash ???? He's 8 (going in easter basket) 2.48

Also got the Chopper play for 4.98 and tool belt for 2.48 (nephew's easter present)

Fireplace screen at 50%.

One of the ladies working there and I was talking....she said that any outdoor fireplaces should go to 50% next wednesday, if not sooner.

I also asked her about Goodwill. She filled me in on which one they send stuff to around here.

But this is how everything worked out.

Price of everything 55.97

Had a GC for doing surveys for 50.00

Cash paid out was 5.97

Bought the fireplace screen for mother-in-law, which was 20.00

She paid me back....so I got all that stuff, plus 20.00 to spend later.... I Love Target

I know have way to much stuff to go in Easter Baskets. Between Target and freebies from Colgate and Kool (walkie talkie watches), plus survey money that I bought the kids Crocs with...to also go in them.....I am really going to have to pack them carefully.

I got my son the fishing markdowns and DD toys from christmas markdowns.

But the cool thing is, I might have 25.00 in both of them. I have never spent so little on Easter!!!!!! That includes candy!!!! And these will be the best baskets thus far!