Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

yup, ours is all gone too :( wonder if it all went salvage already??? the fooseball tables, tents, backpacks, all gone (of course the hippo tents were still there, but still 17.49 and the loulou book kits still 9.98 too)

guess that means better things to come Thursday....right????? lol

ours had a ton of fireplace 'stuff' on clearance too...we don't have a fireplace, so I didn't look real close, but screens, log holders, etc

oh ya, plug in heaters all on clearance too (although the prices weren't great yet, same with teh blankets, still waiting for further reduction)

I went to Target today and the only thing I found was the Little Tykes skates. The kind they learn on. I think it said ages 3+. They were originally 16.xx, marked down to 11.xx, but rang up 4.24. I wont need them for a year or so, but for that price, I can keep them in my closet.

I went to Target today and the only thing I found was the Little Tykes skates. The kind they learn on. I think it said ages 3+. They were originally 16.xx, marked down to 11.xx, but rang up 4.24. I wont need them for a year or so, but for that price, I can keep them in my closet.

Me too! My DS will turn two in March, but for $4.24, I got him a pair that he can use when he's 3!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Went to 2 Targets today. 1 had absolutely nothing on clearance and the other still had a few things. I was trying to get the tricycle but they no longer had those, but I did get 2 20 degree sleeping bags for 8.xx, 2 propane lanterns for 7.xx, a pack of sleeper pajamas for 4.xx, and a pair of jeans for my 7 year old for 6.xx. :cheesy:

Went to target today...didnt get much. found the elephant tent for 6.24...my son is grudgingly putting it up for the my two yr old dau....ok he just locked her inside it LOL...he's such a brat. i picked up 2 dart boards down to 2.48 each...they had a bunch left. and i got the Barbie skate kit with the pads marked clearance for 8.xx but down to 4.24. .

the lady in front of me had a bunch of clearance stuff also and i thought it was weird she kept staring at my elephant tent even though she had a huge eddie bauer 2 room tent in her basket. then as the cashier starts ringing up her stuff her tent was 24.xx and her lantern rung up at 6.24 and said elephant tent ...then her sleeping bag rung up 6.24 and said elephant tent also :o they called over the manager who told her the tags were wrong...duh!...and she couldnt have it for that price. can you say obvious Price Tag SWITCHING??? sheesh...

then as the cashier starts ringing up her stuff her tent was 24.xx and her lantern rung up at 6.24 and said elephant tent ...then her sleeping bag rung up 6.24 and said elephant tent also :o they called over the manager who told her the tags were wrong...duh!...and she couldnt have it for that price. can you say obvious Price Tag SWITCHING??? sheesh...

Don't they scan the bar codes? How could she switch that? I thought that is all done by computer?

Not a real bad day for me. At least the weather was WONDERFUL after so many days of freezing cold it got to 55 degrees here. Here's what I found:

2- 15 packs of Bounty paper towels for $6.24 each (reg $12.50) (left two there and later regretted it, but when I went back they were gone) RATS.

1- 15 pack of Scott paper towels for $5

3 Steralite under the bed containers for $3.48 ea. (reg. $15)

A disney princess sleeping bag for $9.98 (reg. $20)

I saw flatware sets for $17 (reg. $69 or something)... didn't need any of them though.

I was really surprised this year at how fast the bulk items moved out. Last year our Targets had so much of that stuff (cleaning supplies and food items) that a lot of it made it to 50%. This year, I didn't see anything (except those paper towels) go past 30%.

I used my Target 10% off card only because it expires soon and they sent me a second one that expires two weeks after this one. SO, I figured I might as well grab a little savings while I can.

Christmas toys appear to be salvaged at the stores around me. Either means "you name your price" or it's the "Target snatch away" depending on where you go! I've never had anyone tell me they wouldn't sell me something. Most of the time it's the name your price game. But I didn't see any toys that interested me even in the least.

It was just a nice day to be out... dare I say almost HOT here. Back to the deep freeze tomorrow though.

Not a real bad day for me. At least the weather was WONDERFUL after so many days of freezing cold it got to 55 degrees here. Here's what I found:

It was just a nice day to be out... dare I say almost HOT here. Back to the deep freeze tomorrow though.

Oh how I wish for 55! We were at -21 wind chill when I got up this morning! Too cold to even go to Target so you know it must have been bad! :D

Oh how I wish for 55! We were at -21 wind chill when I got up this morning! Too cold to even go to Target so you know it must have been bad! :D

We had heavy snow warnings and were released from work early, but I still stopped by Target on the way home ;) Was looking for a dart board for a friend, there was one left, but it wasn't in the best shape so I passed. I picked up a lace camisole at half off and some cat food (full price, but hey...they have to eat) :D

Not much at Target today, picked up a Panasonic Iron for DW, DPI 072 05 0054, was $39.99 but paid $9.99. Some mens and boys jeans on clearence for 75% off at one store, but only 25% at another store. Not every much on the clearence endcaps.

Today I found:

Men's Merona 2 pk athletic-fit t-shirts for $1.98 from 7.99 (they also had briefs and stuff for 75% of this brand)

Men's Fruit of the Loom 4pk Boxer Briefs $2.11 from 8.44

Men's Hanes 4pk no-fly trunks $2.48 from 9.99

Men's Fruit of the Loom 2pk knit boxers $1.62 from 6.49

and

Men's Hanes and Fruit of the loom 2pk A shirts 1.48 from 5.99

My 17 year old DS is now stocked up :yup:

She was also marking down a bunch of men's belts to 75% off when she marked these.

NFL jerseys and team shirts were 75%

Our store still had 3 of the women's bikes for $30, one men's for $18, and one girls for $17

I almost forgot, they were starting to reset the Dollar Spot at 2 of my stores. They didn't start marking anything down, but they were resetting it.

If we have guessed correctly on the Global Bazaar following a similar schedule, then it's probably time to start watching that department as well!

If you are going out to Target today, would someone kindly scan the price for the Fisher Price Shake n' Go Speedway??? Please? As of last week, it was still marked/scanning at $27.xx in SW VA store, but I am hoping it gets marked further today. I won't be able to make it out due to weather/work until later but if it's marked down further, I'll call and see if someone can hold it for me (I've never asked this before but based on previous threads discussing this, it sounds like it depends on the store!) Thanks!!!!

My BF and I were in Target the other day looking at the wood & glass audio "pier" shelf. It was marked down to $32.xx. We asked the associate in the furniture area if she could scan it to make sure that the sticker price was correct. She lookod at it and told us that since it already had a second clearance sticker on it that was as low as it would go, next stop salvage. Just thought that was interesting.

My BF and I were in Target the other day looking at the wood & glass audio "pier" shelf. It was marked down to $32.xx. We asked the associate in the furniture area if she could scan it to make sure that the sticker price was correct. She lookod at it and told us that since it already had a second clearance sticker on it that was as low as it would go, next stop salvage. Just thought that was interesting.

Wow.. I"m surprised it was still there. Ours marked them down that low last week, and it was gone same day. :(

If you are going out to Target today, would someone kindly scan the price for the Fisher Price Shake n' Go Speedway??? Please? As of last week, it was still marked/scanning at $27.xx in SW VA store, but I am hoping it gets marked further today. I won't be able to make it out due to weather/work until later but if it's marked down further, I'll call and see if someone can hold it for me (I've never asked this before but based on previous threads discussing this, it sounds like it depends on the store!) Thanks!!!!

It definitely depends on the store. Ours had them for 19.99 for two weeks now (and they were still there at that price last time I went) But today, I was at a different location and there's were still 27xx. So you just never know.......

I just got back from target and got a few items...

Pooh Bed Skirt (to match the bedding I bought)-marked 8.xx but scanned 4.xx

Got the huge pack of papertowels regular priced marked 12.xx (i think) scanned for 6.xx

Got a heater on sale but no big deal there but had to have it! They had a TON of the Disney Mix Max players and clips and accessories but theirs were only 15% off! The rest of the stores here already salvaged theirs out after 75% off.......So, not a great day but not bad either. Also got some pants for DD for 1.74 each!

Have read a lot of the posts but no where near all of them.

I have a question - if something is red stickered - is that the final price?

I went today looking for the men's bike - no luck. There were sales associates in all of the depts. I believe they were removing items from the shelves - what does that mean? There were carts surrounding them and the carts had some of the items y'all mentioned (Dora tennis rackets, sleeping bags, Coleman coolers, etc) - the items in the carts were red stickered. They looked real busy - I guess I should have asked but no one really looked like they wanted to be bothered.

Today I got ...

Socks, hats, gloves & pj's all at 75% off.

The lady behind me at the register kept looking at my stuff and commenting on the prices. I hate it when people do that. How rude.

Go Tools toys were on clearance for 30% off $1.38 was $1.99.

However the larger Go Tools Rescue Chopper was 50% off $4.98 reg. $9.99.

20 pack of Market Pantry frozen hamburgers for $7.24 reg. $14.99.

These are for hubby to take to work for his guys. They will eat anything.

Danby compact refrigerators were marked 30% off $104.xx reg. $149.99.

Radio Flyer tricycle scanned at $39.99:(

And there were about 5 of the 15 in 1 game tables for $29.xx.

Wish I had room for one.

And 4 free candy bars:gdlicklips:

I went today looking for the men's bike - no luck. There were sales associates in all of the depts. I believe they were removing items from the shelves - what does that mean? There were carts surrounding them and the carts had some of the items y'all mentioned (Dora tennis rackets, sleeping bags, Coleman coolers, etc) - the items in the carts were red stickered. They looked real busy - I guess I should have asked but no one really looked like they wanted to be bothered.

No. The red sticker is simply the clearance price. If you look at the upper right hand corner of the red tag it will show the percentage off: 15, 30, 50 or 75. Usually only holiday items go below 75% off to 90%.

The people who do the mark downs will have those PDT guns and little black printers on their carts with a roll of the red stickers to print on. If you see them, then they are doing markdowns. Otherwise, it might just be regular workers moving things around or taking it away for salvage.

Hope that helps.

Great deals today in the sporting goods dept (all 75% off):

Kid's Razor Scooter- 7.48

Golf Bag- 19.99

Taylor Made Golf Towel- 3.74

Dozen Precept Balls w/hat- 4.98

Golf Putting Mat- 3.74

Sponge Bob Tennis Balls- .38/pack of 2

Sponge Bob Tennis Racquet- 2.98

Kid's Tennis Racquet- 3.74

Kid's helmet & pad set- 3.74

Kid's 8-ball helmet- 4.74

Adidas Soccer Ball- 3.74

Little League Hitting DVD- 2.48

Little League Pitching DVD- 2.48

In all, about $250 worth of stuff for $60! The kids (and me) are set for Spring!

Many, many times the red stickered price is not the price it scans. So always scan the item if not too big. For the bigger items, if your store has the new scanners with the number pad on them, then you can look on the item or tag for a 9 digit number that looks like a social security number. punch that number into the scanner and press enter and it should show the current price.

otherwise, take a pencil and paper with you and jot down any numbers you want to have checked for bigger stuff. All of the cashiers & customer service folk have been very nice and more than happy to punch up the number for me to tell me how much it is.

In other words, don't just overlook an item you really want thinking the red sticker is the price of it. It may be cheaper and just never got re-tagged. Or if they are in the process of re-tagging, chances are the lower price is already in their computer but they just physically have not made it to retagging that item.

I got the 15 pack of Brawny paper towels for 6.24 (50%) off. I also found a Michael Graves fodue set for $5.04 (reg. 39.99). It looks really nice. Ifound a Rubbermaid wrapping organizer sitting alone on an endcap for $1.98 (75% off) so of course I grabbed it. I also got 5 free bags of chips and 9 free Choxie bars, and used 2 of the $1 off Dr. Pepper coupons. Of course I bought about $30 of non clearance as well lol.