Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Great day at Target. I snagged a huge foosball table for 42, baseball gloves for 3.64, baseball socks .98, CD holders 1.74 boys boxers 3.00, gloves .99, baseball hats 2.44. I missed out on the Tony Hawk skateboard PS2 - they were all gone. My target also had a lot of furniture at 75% off. Armoires, TV stands, cabinets etc. They had some mini-frigs marked down but only 30%. I am in Indiana.

I picked up the 20" Triax boy's Mountain bike for 25 (was 99), they had women's bikes (26") for 30 down from 119. I got an Embark 5 pc luggage set for 14.xx, Reebok back pack bags 1.98, 2pk of pooh pants 2.48. I saw deals everywhere but I didn't have much time so I'll have to go back here in a bit :yup:

I did see a girl's golf set, said ages 7-12, came with the bag and I think 8 clubs for $14, looked like a great deal. Tony Hawk boards still 44.xx so the guy scanned them and said it had been a while sense they had been marked down so maybe tomorrow they will go to 22.

Great day at Target. I snagged a huge foosball table for 42, baseball gloves for 3.64, baseball socks .98, CD holders 1.74 boys boxers 3.00, gloves .99, baseball hats 2.44. I missed out on the Tony Hawk skateboard PS2 - they were all gone. My target also had a lot of furniture at 75% off. Armoires, TV stands, cabinets etc. They had some mini-frigs marked down but only 30%. I am in Indiana.

Was any of the Global Bazaar furniture on sale?

I did see a girl's golf set, said ages 7-12, came with the bag and I think 8 clubs for $14, looked like a great deal.

:eyepoppin

Oh My! We were looking at that golf set for my DD at Christmas. I hope my little ol' Target has some. If not I will be sending out my family in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I must have it!

holy smackers! i was just there yesterday and they didn't have half that stuff marked - especially furniture. we could use some lamps - is this at EVERY target?? i've been watching the elephant/shark tent... just waiting. our's were at 50% yesterday - but maybe have gone down since....

hmmmm - i see a target run in my future (maybe i'll use the excuse of needing baby wipes...) ;)

From what the girl in furniture said.. Yes, all targets are eventually doing this if they havent already. Suppose to all be done by mid february. :)

I am watching a piece but is still 50%. I did notice today that they still had 2 pieces and that the tag had 2/13/2007 on it. Figured they must have to get rid of it by then...and your post just helps solidify that notion! THanks!

I got some great deals. I saw that all the stores I visited had their golf clubs and sets marked down 75% off, as well as the foosball tables, loads of dart boards and other sporting goods stuff. Lots of luggage marked down too.

They finally marked down some Thomas the Tank Engine Christmas sets from 11.99 to 2.98. I also got:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Backpacks (going to use them to store our earthquake supplies for the car) for $3.48

Elephant Tent $6.24 as mentioned earlier

Playhut Barn & School $4.98 each down from 19.99

Playhut Girls Only Salon $6.24 down from $24.99

Zippity Zoo Play Tent & Tunnel $9.98 down from 39.99

They also marked those Fisher Price Little People sets that someone mentioned last week. They were $7.48 down from $29.99. I also saw one store had marked a Little People barn down 30%. I wasn't interested in these, but someone else might be.

I mentioned yesterday getting the Christmas Tree holder. I noticed that most but not all of that stuff was down to 75% off. They still have the Snapware and a few other things at 50%. They had some neat Rubbermaid organizers for Christmas wrap, bows, etc. that were$4.98 down from $19.99. I had never seen them before. They are made of heavy weight canvas and zip closed. I don't need one, but they were nice and the store had half a dozen or more. It was the 2 story store in Pasadena if the gal in Monrovia is interested.

Oh, I forgot to mention that a couple of the stores had Razor Kiddie scooters (not the regular ones) and folding trikes marked down to $7.48. Also, those Little Tykes roller skates for teaching really young kids to skate were down to $4.98. I also saw a random pair of ice skates on the shelf in one store (must have been a return from somewhere else, but if you have ice skates in your store you might want to check) also marked 75% off.

Today my store marked down a TON of stuff in the domestics department. Most of it was 50% off. We had 4 or 5 tubs and steels in the backroom of stuff that was marked clearance that we were supposed to attempt to push to the floor (of course there were too many things and not enough room so there's still a lot of it sitting in the backroom). Here's a list of some of the things I found just quickly walking through the domestics department:

Electric blankets

Sheet sets

Comforters

Rugs

Towels

Drapery rods

Curtains

Kids bedroom items

Also, here's a few things in other departments that the price change team was marking down today:

Cosmetics (a lot of the Sonia Kashuk stuff as well as the men's shaving sets that are located in the cosmetics area)

Facial care items (astringents, black head cleansers, lotions)

Some (drinking) glasses (I saw a few really nice sets for $9.xx)

Handheld massagers and foot massagers (half off at $19.xx)

A few clocks (these are located in the housewares department, not the electronics department)

Also, a couple of things to look out for that will be marked down in the next couple of weeks (based on the store signs I received today.. many of them have a starting date of February 11th so look out for these deals around that date):

Kitchen appliances (this section will be redone so a lot of the current items we carry will be discontinued and thus put on clearance)

Outdoor items (this is mainly for stores that have a garden department)

Lamps

Ok, I went back to our store tonight to see what else I could find :2wiggle: I picked up the Aspire Vacuum that has been mentioned before for 12.xx. They had the tall wrapping paper totes for 1.98 and the skater and bike helmets at 75% off for $3 and $4. The girl's golf set I mentioned earlier was the Ram Tour Jr set for 14.xx. The shelf of Air Hogs Vectrons was finally restocked so I scanned one and they are scanning full price again at 24.99. I was hoping they would have the electric blankets marked down, we're supposed to have wind chills of 45 below tonight, but no such luck!

I also saw a random pair of ice skates on the shelf in one store (must have been a return from somewhere else, but if you have ice skates in your store you might want to check) also marked 75% off.

LOL,,, sorry but I had to laugh... Even Target might have a hard time unloading those ice skates in Southern California! :D

I guess I missed out on the gamecube games. I usually browse that way before I start perimeter perusing and they only had 3 games on the $19.99 shelving so my store must of clearanced them and sold them all...

I found this stuff in the book section...which was kinda weird but that is where it was...so maybe you should look there. There was a ton of stuff at mine! :eyepoppin

At Target today I found a Thermos set at $7.xx down from $29.xx, picked up a fishing rod and reel for my daughter. for $6.xx. Everyone is right about the furniture being marked down - but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which pieces are marked down. Today some were 25% some 50% and some 75% off. I was looking for 2 matching pieces, one was 75% off and the other full price. Saw 2 Black and Decker food processors at 50% off. Kids skating helments and pads were 75% off. Woolrich kids bedding stuff on clearence. Still had some of the really nice wooded Fooseball tables 75% off at $42.xx. Just way too much too list. As another poster said, make sure you take the time to walk down all the aisles, clearance signs are on just about every aisle.

Are any of the Targets in Jacksonville, FL marking down furniture? Iw ent to the one at the Towncenter yesterday and didn't see any.

I've been seeing some furniture at 50% off on my side of town across 'the pond' (Orange Park), but I have not been seeing the 75% off deals others are seeing. And most of the 'good' furniture is already gone.

lots of square dishes in my store in sw washington state for around $4 for a box (4 in it?). TONS of clothes in all departments at 75%, 50%, and 30%. Furniture is still at 30%. Small fridges are clearanced, but still over $50. Lots of good make up deals, and body lotions... if you have coupons from a few weeks ago (sunday paper) you can make out like crazy! I got a backpack for under $3... the Greatland brand (this had two straps, the one straps were a dollar more). I got two "pj" shirts in a 75% off deal, for $3+... they are nice though, 95% cotton, 5% spandex ... will look nice for work (one black, one white). Got some cute, fancy socks for under a dollar a pair, at 75% off... my daughter loves these! I'm beginning to think Thursdays are the day to go. I can't go as often as some of you do... and noticed deals are kinda day dependant.

a week ago, i got two bar stools that were clearanced to $7.08... they were salvaged from a web-return and I couldn't return them if there was something wrong about it. Well, one was perfect (you build them, easy really). The second one had a broken leg. I figured out how to fix it with wood glue and wood screws. It will always be the one that the smallest kid sits in... lol... but for the price... what the heck!

Couldn't resist, so I went back to my Target (Florence, SC) tonight and picked up an XBox game for 4.98, they had a bunch of them over by electronics. Also picked up several picture frames, marked down to 2.47 or 3.74 depending on the size. Seems like these go on clearance every so often, we plan on moving soon so I've been collecting them (have a closet full) for our new house.

I will be traveling to Atlanta this weekend, wanted to hit a Target there, looking for furniture deals (like a 75% armoire) does anyone know which is the best to hit?

I stopped by one of the Targets again tonight to pick up something else I knew was being marked down (one of the clearance team ladies hates me, not sure why, and actively takes things in the back if she knows I want them. really weird woman. one of my pals daughter used to work on the team, which is how I know about it, and she was so nasty that my friend's daughter had herself transferred to a different store...but I digress) today. Anyway, as I was walking past the kitchen stuff I saw the clearance sign on the flatware and wanted to see what people were looking at (just replaced my about a year ago). It was already marked 75%. So, you might want to check again if you were looking at it.

Oh, and I saw that they had those kiddie scooters I mentioned in a Cinderella version that was marked $7.48 if anyone has a girl that might like one. They also had some other skates marked down.

I had a pretty good day at Target... Went in for the Bratz ready-bed tent that is $7.48 now, as I found that I DO still have my receipt from when I paid $29.99 for it for an Xmas present... I checked the kids tent/bed aisle, and where the Bratz tents were, was completely empty, so I panicked... turned out of the aisle, and they had them all on an endcap a couple of aisles down, so I grabbed one of those. I'll try returning it with the $29.99 receipt in a few days or so when I get back there.

I checked what was left of the toy clearance aisle, as there are a couple of dart boards I kept waiting for 75% off on... they were at 75 today, so I picked up the electronic one for $12.48.

I checked the furniture again, and found a $199.99 silver/glass TV stand marked down to $47.xx, so I came home with one of those as well :D (This, but in silver instead of black. Orig. price - $199.99 as per the sticker :Phttp://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-3420714-8048663?ie=UTF8&asin=B000IBITU4&frombrowse=1).

well i found a dartboard, but i don't think it was the one that everyone has been talking about. it was 75% off - regularly 48.XX, marked down to 12.XX. i was way excited! it is giant and has all sorts of games, and an LED scoreboard... i bought it for my boyfriend and he is a happy guy!

I found that I DO still have my receipt from when I paid $29.99 for it for an Xmas present... I checked the kids tent/bed aisle, and where the Bratz tents were, was completely empty, so I panicked... turned out of the aisle, and they had them all on an endcap a couple of aisles down, so I grabbed one of those. I'll try returning it with the $29.99 receipt in a few days or so when I get back there.

Target is able to refund full amt paid without a receipt if you paid by credit card and just show them that credit card. I found this out this week when I wanted to take back a jacket but had no receipt.

Keep...me...away... I am so addicted and keep going shopping to buy things I don't realize I need! :D

Tonight I bought a large $60 wicker hamper w/liner for $15, a $50 swing-arm floor lamp for $12.50, 6 packages or Huggies washclothes for half price and a bottle of Dove body wash for half price.

****Will someone please let me know if you see the Renovations (by Thomasville Furniture) Heirloom Entertainment Pier / Audio tower go on sale? It's still at $159, which I may end up paying, but if they are marked down even 30% it will be great. Thanks!****

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000667YB6.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

I actually got hubby to go into Target with me today (I knew I wanted the gatorade and the cereal). The gatorade went down to $6.98 and I got 3... all 3 were missing 1-2 in there so I asked for 20% off. The cashier was like okay :) So that was a nice find. Then I got 3 different boxed cereals with 2 each for $2.70 with $1 coupon for milk, which we needed anyway (our house goes through 5-6 gallons a WEEK) so that saved me 80 cents over our normal store for milk.

I didnt get time to look as we had to get kids off the bus, but I got what I wanted. Will head out tomorrow BY MYSELF and see if I can find the bikes or the beds you guys are finding!