Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I also live in Olathe and would like to know if anyone else is finding some of the deals the rest of the posters are finding. I've went to both Targets in Olathe and one in Overland Park and found some clearence stuff, but not like what everyone else is finding. And every single thing I scan is marked correctly!!! No fun finds at all! Are any of you others in Johnson county having any luck???

I live north of the river by world's of fun. I do a lot of working down south, but no shopping. We probably would never cross paths. But, that's a good thing! That means I can keep an eye out for you on some items, and you could do the same for me, and we wouldn't have to drive anywhere. Anything you two would like me to look for?

I live north of the river by world's of fun. I do a lot of working down south, but no shopping. We probably would never cross paths. But, that's a good thing! That means I can keep an eye out for you on some items, and you could do the same for me, and we wouldn't have to drive anywhere. Anything you two would like me to look for?

I actually don't have anything particular I'm looking for really. I have a 5 yr old, so toys, clothes...anything for the house. I'm just more disappointed in the fact that everything I scan is priced as marked. No secret markdowns that I can find. I thought maybe it was just my Target, but after going to two others, maybe it's just my area. :(

I also live in Olathe and would like to know if anyone else is finding some of the deals the rest of the posters are finding. I've went to both Targets in Olathe and one in Overland Park and found some clearence stuff, but not like what everyone else is finding. And every single thing I scan is marked correctly!!! No fun finds at all! Are any of you others in Johnson county having any luck???

If you live near the Olathe South Target (151st and I-35), you should be able to catch some good deals. That store is the least shopped store in the city and frequently clearances stuff out a little faster than many other stores. The Olathe Super and the Overland Park Super are hard ones. They are the two most shopped Targets in the city (there is a list!) LOL. It can be hard (although not impossible) to find many good deals at those two locations; mostly because stuff there never makes it to 75% off.

It is kind of a slow time of the year right now (at least in my opinion). You can find some things here and there, but right now-- unless you are looking for baby gear-- there isn't a lot out there. I'm still trying to sort through toys from the toy sell off. I have no room for anything else. Although I am anticipating that the bulk items (or what's left) should be 30-50% (or more) in the next couple weeks. Most of what I've seen is just 15% off -- some things are 30%.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping! :)

If you live near the Olathe South Target (151st and I-35), you should be able to catch some good deals. That store is the least shopped store in the city and frequently clearances stuff out a little faster than many other stores. The Olathe Super and the Overland Park Super are hard ones. They are the two most shopped Targets in the city (there is a list!) LOL. It can be hard (although not impossible) to find many good deals at those two locations; mostly because stuff there never makes it to 75% off.

It is kind of a slow time of the year right now (at least in my opinion). You can find some things here and there, but right now-- unless you are looking for baby gear-- there isn't a lot out there. I'm still trying to sort through toys from the toy sell off. I have no room for anything else. Although I am anticipating that the bulk items (or what's left) should be 30-50% (or more) in the next couple weeks. Most of what I've seen is just 15% off -- some things are 30%.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping! :)

I actually live closer to the Super Target on 119th, but I work right by the Target in Overland Park near 119th and Blue Valley Parkway.

It's crazy how different all the targets are. Not just in pricing, but in merchandise. The one on 119th had a clearence isle between garden and toys. Neither of the other two had one. The 151st Target had a ton of the bratz wedding babies, and neither of the other targets had any. The OP one had a ton of womens pajama sets from Christmas that I didn't see at the other two stores. It's kind of all or nothing from what I've found.

Unfortunately don't need any baby stuff, although I wish I did! Everyone is getting great deals on strollers!!

I found the girl's bike today for $17.48, but I didn't see any boy's. Unfortunately, it is the boy's bike I need. My Target also had the I pod lamp last week for $7.48. This week they are back to $14.98.

What size was the girls bike? Do you have the brand or DPI number? I am looking for a girl's 24 inch bike really bad. Thanks:)

I actually don't have anything particular I'm looking for really. I have a 5 yr old, so toys, clothes...anything for the house. I'm just more disappointed in the fact that everything I scan is priced as marked. No secret markdowns that I can find. I thought maybe it was just my Target, but after going to two others, maybe it's just my area. :(

You know, they don't all do their markdowns at the same time, which is why we are all finding different things. It is possible that your local stores have already finished theirs. It is also true that in some areas there aren't as many stores available for the population, so items sell out at regular or lesser sale prices. Hope that makes sense. Here in LA, we have so few of these types of stores that sometimes things are gone before they hit 50%. That is the case in most of our stores for all the baby bedding items on sale right now.

FYI, I learned something interesting about how Wal-Mart marks down today. I posted that under the Walmart thread if anyone is interested.

Got the JBL Creature 2 speakers today for 24.99 from 99.99. They were marked at 66.99 but I saw on here that people had gotten them for the 24.99 so I scanned it and there it was! Thanks a lot to everyone who posted! These are great, my surround sound went to crap so I just replaced it with these and they are actually louder (I had a pretty cheap surround sound system) I would recommend these to anyone who sees them as a great sound system for games or a computer.

Have any of you been using your iLamp's that you bought? I still haven't taken mine out of the package - I think they're not so lamp-attractive looking (but a cool concept). Anyway, I have one for myself and one for a gift. I should take it out soon and make sure it's cool enough to give as a present. I plan on hitting Target on Friday afternoon, last week I hit it then and they seemed to be marking everything down in every dept (or they had done it on Thursday night). Thanks!

Okay..I have a dillema. None of the Targets close to me have the train tble left. They did find a store about an hour and 15 min or so away. i am wondering if it is worth the drive for the table. I really want to get my son one, as he is really getting into trains lately. I would probably put it up for his bday in October tho. Any opinions on it? They had 5 left, but if I am going, i want to go soon.

Okay..I have a dillema. None of the Targets close to me have the train tble left. They did find a store about an hour and 15 min or so away. i am wondering if it is worth the drive for the table. I really want to get my son one, as he is really getting into trains lately. I would probably put it up for his bday in October tho. Any opinions on it? They had 5 left, but if I am going, i want to go soon.

I say go-you may regret it and "mommy guilt" is the pits!!!!!!!

If it's a good deal and you think that he would like it for his birthday, I say go.

and you may find some other good deals there that aren't at your regular target:)

I bought one for my son for christmas and he plays on it everyday. Plus it was super easy to put together, I did it all by myself! I was proud of myself afterwards.:D

Do you have Wal Mart closer? The reason I ask is because they had pretty much the same table (2 drawers for storage too) for $21 and I got it to put away for my sons 4th bday in July. He got some Thomas sets for Christmas and I want to get him more for his bday and for $21, this table is a great deal

The set date for the new One Spot/See Spot Save is February 18th, so about a week or so before it should be clearance!!

Thanks Becca! So, 50% off would most likely be Thursday, February 8th, and 75% off Thursday, February 15th?

Also, the Global Bazaar was set up about the same time as this last See Spot Save set, right? Since it is also a 6 week set, it should go 30% off about the same time, yes?

Well, it sounds like the other Target is about 60miles away? If you get say 20mpg then that's 3 miles. If gas in your area is around $2/gal then it's around $6 each way for $12 in gas total for this trip. So you need to add probably a minimum of $12 (maybe even up to $20 depending on your car and gas prices) to the cost of the table. Now I know the discount is greater than this, but others have mentioned that you might be able to find an equiv. table closer for around the same price or a bit more, which will be a wash by the time you factor in the extra travel costs.

The other intangible is the 3 hours in travel time. I don't know what your schedule is like, but for me or my wife the travel time is the killer. For us, it wouldn't be worth the savings. I'd much rather wait for a "close enough" price locally than to lose that time (though I must admit, it's easy for me to say, my son already has a train table :) )

Don't know if this helps or hurts, and leave it up to a guy to go all "over analytical" and stuff. But then again, you asked ;)

Anyone here in the Northern New Jersey area, cause I never find any of these good deals. Am I just missing out or are the Targets here just not as clearance happy as the rest?

The route 10 Taget in East Hanover is a good place to these kind of deals. I usual go the of or after I see something on the boards.

Previous poster about the foosball table. Yes my Target had this for 50% today.

Today I got kids snow boots for 75%

Tomorow I go back for a nice automatic score keeping dart board I've eyeballed now down to 50%.