Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

o-kay...went back to target to get my vaccuum,

Dirt Devil Aspire 24.98

got it home and someone had used it!! Still had dirt in the canister!! I called and spoke to guest services and she told me I could return it. Do you think they will just turn around and put it back on the shelf??

Anyway...also picked up

2 i-lamps 7.48

Barbie keyboard w/ microphone 9.68

digital timer 2.48

Dirt Devil Aspire 24.98

got it home and someone had used it!! Still had dirt in the canister!! I called and spoke to guest services and she told me I could return it. Do you think they will just turn around and put it back on the shelf??

Anyway...also picked up

2 i-lamps 7.48

digital timer 2.48

ooh gross i would definetely talk to a store manager and have them compensate you for the hassle thats ridiculous

The baby clearance items in a couple of the Targets in my area are also gone off the shelves. I found some misc. things in a clearance type aisle they set up in the back but really a lot of it is just gone. One day it was there and now it is gone. I find it hard to believe that it was sold that quickly considering it was at the same price as it has been for the last few weeks.

Oh well. Didn't NEED to buy anything anyway :)

Went to Target today to perimeter peruse and I got one of those Air Hogs R/C Vectron Phazers for 4.98 and it was not on the clearance isle. The Target that I went to had about 10 or 15 of them left. I also found 3 packs of the MM juice boxes for 0.69. I learned from this thread to always scan clearance items and it paid off today because there was a 4 pack Kitchen Aid sink brush set that was 19.99 and was on clearance for 13.98 but when I scanned it the price said 4.98.

I am going to try another Target tomorrow to see if it has more toys on clearance.:cheesy:

I'm SO excited! This was in a section FULL of clearanced furniture. I found too Pub Height Bar Chairs, really nice ones, with backs, for $7.08- I think they were a web purchase return, but dang... so nice. I have been wanting to buy a Pub Set for a long time and couldn't find a good deal. Then I ran out to Fred Meyer's (this is in WA state) and got a Pub height table with a glass top for half off of the clearance price, at $58! So I got a whole set for WAY less than for a set of the least price I could find anywhere else

OH, they had tons of kitchen things on sale. I got some "popcorn bowls" that are in the metal splatter ware that I use for camping... 4/$2.68. I got a set of the new square dishes for $6.00 (four plates) that my daughter wanted for her "Hopeless Chest"... :D. First time in a long time that I hit a lot of good deals! Wish I had had more money!

They had stuff in the "bulk area" (formerly the holiday aisles) all 30% off. Of note was a bunch of two pack Post Cereals (like cocoa pebbles, etc) for $3+, with a "buy this item, and a gallon milk, get $1 off sticker. But the milk was over $3 and I can get it at my local grocery store for less than $2. I DID get a HUGE bottle of Downy with a bonus bottle for $4... the smallest bottle is regularly that price. All these items were packaged with bonus sizes and bonus bottles. There were diapers included, and dish, laundry, and more included.

I found big time shoe/boot clearance today!! We FINALLY had a dusting of snow yesterday and my sons boots were too small. Got them on but... So, we went to Target in CherrHill, NJ and found a HUGE shoe/boot clearance - most were at 3.74 per pair!! YMMV!!

I found some of those cute 2 pack of Blingy Binkies (pacifiers) for 75% off. Reg. $4.99 on sale for $1.24. They were marked at 1/2 price, but scanned at 75% off. They are so darn cute with rinestones and bling. I bought all 5 packs left. Didn't see too many baby items actually marked at 75% though and didn't have time to scan.

Lots and lots of shoes at 75% off. Looked 3 times at a huge Pyrex box filled with glassware... 16 pieces I think. I kept thinking do I really want to lug that big thing to the scanner. I did it and it was 75% off of $40 ($9.98). That was a really nice find. Also got the Hello Kitty ipod player/clock for $12.xx (reg. $50) and the Hello Kitty phone (reg. $40) for $9.98.

Waiting for the bulk items to move down to 30-50% so I can bring out my coupons and stock up on boring household crap for cheap. Although some of it is 30%, much of what I've seen just went to 15% this week. 50% is the greatest, but 30% with the right coupons can be pretty cheap too. Plus I find that there isn't always a lot left at 1/2 price when it comes to paper towels, cleaners, etc.

Other miscellaneous stuff I found this week:

Color Wonder Nemo and Little Mermaid sets for $7.48-- reg. $15

A pretty pink/brown Cherokee girls ski coat size 4/5 reg. $44 on sale for $11.xx

Dora fleece blanket reg. $17 on sale for $4.xx

Calphalon 4 1/2 quart pot with lid reg. $80 on sale for $20

There are a lot of those Disney mix sticks video/music player thingies at 1/2 price... I haven't looked at them really close, so I'm not sure what they do. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether they would make a good gift? Do they work well? If anyone knows, I'd sure appreciate hearing how they work. If they go down to 75% off, I'd like to get one for my dd and niece.

Had some amazing luck when I went to return some toys I bought at 1/2 price (cause I found the same ones at 75% off) Anyway, I asked the guy when he thought they would be reshelved and he said within the next few hours. I smiled and said that I'd really like to rebuy them. I completely anticipated hearing, "well we can't do that. We have to put them back out." Instead he's like, Oh, well I can sell them to you again. No problem. I was dumbfounded. I called him a prince and walked back out with all the toys again. Now I have some great duplicates for my birthday gift stash. That actually has happened to me many times. Although there are times when I get "no"-- so most of the time I don't ask anymore. Guess it never hurts to ask. Because I live close to many Targets, sometimes if I really want to rebuy, I just take the item back as close to closing time as possible. Then, I'm there bright and early the next day to reclaim it (at the lower price). A little desperate? Maybe, but I only bother with it for the stuff that I'd really like to have multiples of.

(snip)

Waiting for the bulk items to move down to 30-50% so I can bring out my coupons and stock up on boring household crap for cheap. (snip

They were at 30% in WA state tonite! Lots of employees scanning stuff and scurrying around. I saw aisles of shopping carts full of clearance stickered stuff. I tried to look in them but got a dirty look from one girl. I'll go back tomarrow for sure!!!

I ventured out to Target after work today and found 4 of the air hog vectrons for $4.98, great for B'day gifts for my sons friends, and they were on the regular shelf with all the other air hog toys. Found somebodys stash of the Hot Wheels mystery cars behind them and of course I had to get those too. Also got 2 of the Spongebob flannel twin sheet sets for $4.98, one someone had laid down with the clearance toys so I checked in the childrens bedding section and found another one there without a clearance sticker.:) I love this site and just want to thank all the great people here willing to share their finds!:yup: :yup: :yup::g_dance: :g_dance: :g_dance:

I was at our Target in Troy MI on Wednesday as they were marking the baby stuff 75% off. Not the big stuff but the isle stuff. I even saw the carts at both end of the isle that I hear about on here and had never seen before. Sure enough when I slid around them the stuff was 75% off. Too bad the baby shower I had I went to last week end.

I read a few post back there were sewing machines on sale does anyone know what brand they were and what the price is . I am looking for cheap one for my daughter to learn on.

I did see the Shark Euro Pro for something like $30 on clearance. Appeared to be a basic full size sewing machine that would probably be good for a newbie ...

Also, they have a Singer on sale for $69 (not clearance) this week:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1169264029/ref=sr_1_1/601-4189223-9429748?ie=UTF8&asin=B0009OE06M

DID baby stuff go 75 off today? I will cry! The one day this week I didnt do target!

Our Target had all the large baby items at 75% off today, strollers, car seats and play pens. I went back 2 hours later and there was only one stroller left!

I picked up a Barbie, Play All Day kitchen gift set for 4.98 down from 19.99 and 8 of the Air Hogs for 4.98 shelf marked 24.99; thanks for that tip!

I read a few post back there were sewing machines on sale does anyone know what brand they were and what the price is . I am looking for cheap one for my daughter to learn on.

I saw a singer and another model, both 50% off on Wed. I think they were origially $18X.XX and $17X.XX? I know my store had about 6 of them on Wed. I's in So. CA.

Becky

did you happen to get the make or skew number on these?

My daughter got one of these today. Our store had them at 30% off, not quite as good of a deal. They were Magnum brand, 24". The girls was dark purple and the boys was red.

24" is an odd size, but my dd outgrew her 20".

Becky

I have saved more money at Target, using these tips. I rarely go to WM, anymore.

Plus, I love target return policy, if you can't find receipt, but have the cardu pd with, they can look it up, so you can do the return for price paid ...

I don't get the bit about salvage ?? is that lower than % off ..

Salvage is when they take the items and donate them to Salvation Army or another charitable store and take a tax write off for it rather than sell it. Sometimes items get missed and don't make it into the salvage bin and then it will scan Item Not on File on the aisle scanners.

Hope this makes sense,

Becky

Dirt Devil Aspire 24.98

Anyway...also picked up

2 i-lamps 7.48

digital timer 2.48

My mom bought the Dyson Animal vaccuum from them a few months back, got it home, and it was the yellow one in the box... plus, it had been used. They took it back, exchanged it for a new Animal, and took a percentage off for the trouble.

i'm headed out to my target right now! I am new to this board, but have been doing the same stuff you guys talk about for a long time! it's nice to know that i'm not the only person addicted to target. i love it! anybody else in texas?

Welcome to GottaDeal!! :] I see you live in Arlington, Tx. I live just down the road in Flower Mound.

Yesterday, my Target had all the baby clearanced items boxed up, sitting in the baby section. They were still marked 30% off. I didn't scan anything because I couldn't seem to find anything I could use. All of the large clearanced items were gone as well. I'm guessing that it is headed out of the store, as the empty shelves had been replaced with new items.

I did luck out and find 2 of the minute maid juices for $0.69 and a box of pull-ups on clearance for $17 (only 15% off, but I also had a $2 coupon).