Did you get what you wanted?

candlesbytammy1

I have a dh who's clueless :confused: . so he bought me a pair of earrings, like I needed another pair.lol I'm happy with them but I had been dropping some hints for other stuff. Guess I'll buy that myself! And then my grandmother "bought" me drum roll please a swifer carpet flick thingy. LMAO. I know that it's the thought that counts but that was too funny!! :eyepoppin

My husband shocked me. lol. He got me a new Kodak Easy Share camera plus charging station and memory picture card. Wasn't expecting that one. Our old digital camera was several years old and was only 3.2 mega pixels. This one is 7.1 and records video. Its nice

My parents gave me a $200 gift card to the gas station I go too and a $250 gift card to my grocery store.

My grandparents shocked me and sent my sister and I each a $2000 check.

Yep. Jamie got me the crocs that I wanted, a yankee Christmas Cookie candle, and a really nice sweater (that he picked out all by himself and I actually like it, lol). The kids got me some new speakers for the computer and some fuzzy slippers. My parents got me a potholder with some cash in it and the inlaws got me a new leather chair for the computer desk. I also got 2 new spatulas and a purse from my sister. :)

lol No...my dh bought me stuff that is really for the house and that everyone will use. Yes, we needed a new printer and phones, but I wanted something that was just for me. I thought it was dumb that he wrapped them up as my presents. sigh...if I was a more shallow person, I wouldn't be speaking to him right now.

I got everything I wanted (and what I didn't get I ordered yesterday.) I got Gummy Bears Season 1 and ALF Season 4 from my MIL. I got a beautiful white gold necklace with a mystic fire topaz (my favorite stone) charm, and some DVDs from DH. I also got Over the Hedge and Robin Hood Men in Tights from my parents and a ton of other stuff from my parents and my sisters. We still have 2 more gift exchanges to do, so I don't know what else i'll be getting.

The worst gift I got was a stomach virus :( I've been so sick since yesterday. I must have gotten it on Christmas or Christmas Eve.

I didn't want much, really. I am just happy that George is getting better.

From my daughters, I received earrings, cookies, a sweater, socks, and a pair of glittens. My parents gave us a handsome check. My husband gave me a certificate to do unlimited after Christmas clothes shopping, a 3 month membership to a gym and tanning place, and the best gift was that he took a photo that I had taken the day we picked up George and had an artist recreate it in a watercolor picture. My husband was lying on the ground and baby George was lying beside him. I'll try to see if I can take a picture of it and put it on here. I tried scanning and that didn't work. I need to take it to a framing shop and have it framed yet.

I need to take it to a framing shop and have it framed yet.

Do you have a hobby lobby near you. I've had them frame several things for me, they do a really nice job and it's hard to beat their prices when you wait for the 1/2 off custom framing sale which seems to happen atleast once a month.

I am very happy with my gifts this year, and I was pleased with the satisfaction of those whom I bought for. I love watching the reactions of those perfectly thought out gifts.

We were shopping at Lowes on Christmas Eve because we are moving into a bigger house this spring but need to do a lot of work to it first. My SO bought me a paint sprayer and had our daughter wrap it for Christmas morning. Lucky me, now I can paint 17.5 feet in 5 minutes!:tongue1:

We didnt think we were getting anything from my parents this year since they have helped us out alot this year and we didnt expect anything.

Well my mom brought 2 large bags in one for each of us (me and dh) they were filled with alot of goodies as well as a pair of earrings I love!

They she brings in a large wrapped box and another bag that she said are family gifts! I was like OMG so She told me to open the box first. It was the new George Forman with all the neat new switchable grills and griddles and such. Then she tells dh to open the bag and it was filled with Omaha Steak products! there is steaks, chicken, sole stuffed with crab and scallops, stuffed potaoes, pork, hotdogs, hamburgers, I mean there was so much in there! I almost cried! I was so happy and that was so nice and wonderful.

Dh broke out the foreman last night and made 2 of the steaks.

haha! funny you should ask. My Dh had asked me to research about a camcorder for his sister( thats what he told me it was for) and Christmas eve he handed me a gift. turns out it was for ME not her! I was so upset when he asked me to research it for her but didnt let him know that at all. I have wanted one where i could upload videos online for years! i got it! and a firewire cord and a program to edit the videos with! ( I was researching it on here!!) sneaky he is! It was a gift from all the kids my dh and God childrens father. I am so excited about it!

I am one of those unlucky few tha t did not get anything that they asked for. I gave hubby a nice simple list and I got....in a word crap!! Ok so I am being mean but I want so little I asked for a book a cd and movie....nope got a baseball cap a bar of Lilac soap and a bear.....sigh..... oh well there is always next year