Amazon.com - anyone else fed up these guys?

I personally am very happy with them and thanks to this site, I found tons of great deals for Christmas through amazon.com. I am actually pretty addicted to the site and check it regularly now,lol. I am not mad because I didn't get an xbox 360 for $100, would have loved it but I'm not crying about it,lol. They can't make everyone happy!

I know ppl who have had alot of problems with them these year. Min were only minor and fixed rather quickly.......since I get all of my amazon from earned gc I never pay them any real money so I still love them cause I shop for free :)

How do you get earned gc? I would love to shop for free! ;)

Well, I was really happy with Amazon until I got home from work today. I ordered my dh a columbia jacket for 49.99 friday. Call that day and they assured me it would be here by the 22nd. Today I get an email saying they cannot fulfill my order. WHAT!! The best part is you can order it again direct from amazon in the color and size I ordered but at 149.95. So I called and I had to explain to the rep that it was available and I wanted it at that price plus I wanted 1 day shipping at no charge becasue they screwed up. I eventually won but it is still showing it won't be here until the 27th cause it won't ship until the 22nd. Oh well. DH will just get a picture of it wrapped up for Christmas........

I too have placed quite a few oreders with Amazon.com and have not had any problems. The problem I encountered was trying to take advantage of the first round of votes when their system crashed. Other than that, I can't complain.

I hope that everyone who has experienced difficulties has more positive experiences with them in the future.

I have been very happy with amazon. I have missed out on some great deals, but got in on others. The only wierd thing was I ordered soemthing for like4.00 to get free shipping and it never showed up, but I was never charged for it and I got the free shippign, which was fine with me because I really did not want it anyway, but it was cheaper than shipping.

I'm a bit upset with Amazon also!

They said I'd receive an email when the PS3's were in stock.

They did not handle any of that correctly

I didn't mind much until I went back & my wish/shopping lists were gone...

Then subscriber email I signed up for, I haven't been informed of anything. I constantly have to sign in. Not a cookies prob.

Today I signed in, tried to post. Message opened up saying I've never ordered & I have.

I feel better now!

Merrrrrrrry Christmas

Teri

I'm a bit upset with Amazon also!

They said I'd receive an email when the PS3's were in stock.

They did not handle any of that correctly

I didn't mind much until I went back & my wish/shopping lists were gone...

Then subscriber email I signed up for, I haven't been informed of anything. I constantly have to sign in. Not a cookies prob.

Today I signed in, tried to post. Message opened up saying I've never ordered & I have.

I feel better now!

Merrrrrrrry Christmas

Teri

You should have received the following email:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

You asked us to notify you when the Sony PlayStation 3 would be available on Amazon.com. Due to the overwhelming demand for the PS3 this holiday, we wanted to let you know that going forward, rather than sending email updates, we will post availability updates on the PlayStation 3 product detail pages so that we may keep you up to date with regards to availability in a more timely fashion. Please check the Sony PlayStation product detail pages regularly for more information as it becomes available:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-98000-PlayStation/dp/B0009VXAM0

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-98001-PlayStation/dp/B000IZWNLG

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

This is the first year I've done ANY shopping on Amazon (thanks totally to GD!!). I have to admit that I've had positive experiences (although I only had 4 orders). I was disappointed when I received an email on Thursday morning that there was going to be a delay in my last order (Pike Street sheets and Magnetix) which was scheduled to be delivered the next day...then about 3 hours later I got another email saying it was shipped and would be delivered next day by DHL....it came on time!!!! WOW!!!!!

just thought I'd add....those Pike Street sheets were WAY nicer than I hoped for!!!! And free shipping for Magnetix...those would have been expensive to ship cause they were heavy!!!

I like Amazon a lot and have never had any problems with their service or prices.

This year I had a strange situation after plaing an order for an out of stock electric guitar at a great price (79.99 including free shipping). As it was a Christmas gift ordered in mid-November to insure Christmas delivery, the estimated delivery date changed to JANUARY 12th! I was like :shock: but figured it was still a great deal. The strange part was when I checked a week later to see if the estimated date had changed - it had not - but the item had not only been shipped, but delivered to the recipient already! Great work, Amazon. Must've been a glitch in the sytem? I was once again happy with their service and great pricing.

I also take advantage of their amazon credit card rewards, so with my 3 AMZ gift checks totalling $75.00, the guitar cost me $10.98, and that included 5.99 gift wrapping.