Looking for eBay/PayPal guru ...

Ok, I have question for an eBay guru ....

I have stumbled across an "off the wall" website and found some eBay/paypal discount codes (and the fine print). They were posted on 12/1. They look odd to me, and I done understand most of the fine print. BUT, if they are any good I would like to pass them along.

I don't want anyone to purchase something on eBay and then think any of these codes would definately work. I just thought there might be someone that "eBayed" a lot and could test them out for us.

An eBay/PayPal guru might could look at say right of the bat that the codes are bogus.

So, here is what I found(if anyone feels inclined to check them out, please post):

C-PAYPALXMAS

Works in EU and for some US buyers - gives $10 or 10 euro off the core price (not shipping and handling).

CNOEL06

save $12 off shipping and handling -

European code that works in some USA accounts

expires Dec 13

CPPEBAY03

Various discounts, most readers report it is expired, but works for some. Try it on BINs first.

CEBAY2006

Various discounts ($5 off), most readers report it is expired, but works for some.

CACTIVEOCT

4 UK LBS off, rumored to work in USA

Do a Google search of some of those codes, they show up on many web sites (including some eBay listings where sellers are trying to save buyers $).

I haven't seen these mentioned on other sites (good deal sites) that I frequent, so I too wonder. If anyone tries them, please do post. :)

Guest Deals4Mommy

Sometimes, these types of codes are eBay member specific. Meaning they may work for some, but not all. Usually eBay sends them to certain members to entice spending and therefore, your email must match when using the coupon or it won't work.

Paypal codes that are available to any eBay member are more than likely posted on the eBay site somewhere with a direct the code and includes the terms and conditions.

So, be careful as some prankster may be circuling phoney coupons. If that's the case, even if the code does not work, you are still obligated to complete the purchase with the seller.

Thanks again for all the information. As I said originally, I was not sure if they worked and didn't want anyone to get stuck with a purchase based on these codes. But, it never hurts to ask. I love this website, because there are great people and great information.

Thanks to you all.