Crap!! Now I have to buy another GBASP

brynnfromtheblock

I bought my DD#2 a GBASP because DD#1 has one and she was dying to try it... Well we got it at CC on BF for 49.99 along with a couple of games, at the same time we got DD#2 the Cheetah Girls and another GBA game for Christmas... This morning DD#3 comes walking in with DD#1's GBA (we had a Brownie meeting last night and one of the other kids took it out of the case and we couldn't find it) and drops it on the floor, of course it now doesn't work it will just pull up the Gameboy wording but won't pull up any of the games.... So now I'm going to have to buy a second one for DD#1 since games are some of her presents AAAHHH !!!

I guess I'll have to check dealfinder to see if they're on sale anywhere...

I feel your pain, My son last year wouldnt listen about putting it away, and some how in his bad luck he stepped on it, I didnt feel too bad as I bought that one second hand, Well Santa Suprised him with a new one last Christmas and I can tell you he is very very careful for a 7 year old with that one,

Sounds like my DD#2(20 months old). She is always finding DD#1's gameboy and carrying it around trying to play it. Well one time she got mad and threw it in the toilet! DD#1 came screaming and cring that her sister had broke her gameboy! So lucky me got to dig it out of the toilet, clean it up with Lysol wipes and a towel and let it dry. Believe it or not, it still works! She also got ahold of my Nextel cell phone one day and dropped it in a glass of water and believe it or not, it still works too!

Have you ever thought of making her replace it with her allowance or making her earn the money herself to buy it on her own?

I started doing that to try to get my kids actually appreciate the things they have. I got so tired of my kids treating their toys with no respect thinking that it would just be replaced when it got broken. It works.

Sorry to hear that! I remember being at my friends house after he got the psp. I watched his younger brother walk in, pick it up and then drop it on the hard floor in the pool house and then look around and put it back onto the counter. I don't know how he missed me the first time, but he saw me as he was exiting and decided to tell his brother. Fortunately, there was no real damage.

Have you ever thought of making her replace it with her allowance or making her earn the money herself to buy it on her own?

I started doing that to try to get my kids actually appreciate the things they have. I got so tired of my kids treating their toys with no respect thinking that it would just be replaced when it got broken. It works.

Not this one, it truly wasn't her fault.... She is very conscientious and we had a Brownie Mtg at our house Mon night. She cried (she's 6) because she didn't want the other girls to go in her room and mess it up, and I told her I'd make sure they didn't.. anyway one of the hellions took her GBA out of the case and apparently brought it into the babies room... I asked my daughter about it that night when I saw the empty case and she told me the other girl had taken it but she couldn't find out where she put it... (The baby was already asleep so I didn't go look and forgot about it). The baby came out the next morning with it in her hands and dropped it (I say baby but she's 2) so in this case she really didn't want anyone to mess up her things but this girl stayed after the meeting because her mothers a leader and took the GBA...

Had it been her fault I'd be the first in line to say too bad, but she didn't do anything wrong and really didn't want the girl there in the first place so it's more my fault than hers.... Thus I'm now saying "crap"!!! and going to buy her a new one!!

That's okay my stepsons say that BOTH their gba's were stolen by a neighborhood kid at their mom's. Their mom will not even go talk to the kid's parents and see, we told her she could simply say the boys think they may have loaned them to him or something like that. Why? Because she dudn't pay for them and she doesn't care. So the oldest won an essasy contest and is helping pay for a DS for his bday (dec 12 watch they do go on sale on the 15-17th) and the youngest we got a gameboy micro for his bday (dec15). These come up missing that's it.