What crazy things do you tell your kids about Santa?

amyers12345

I've seen so many threads with great ideas on what you guys tell your kids to get them to be good for Santa, I wanted to get them all into one place.

I came up with a good one yesterday. My DS7 NEVER shuts up, and we were both doing homework, and little sis, the lightest sleeper i have ever seen was due to wake up. I pointed into my mouth and said, "See this, pretend all this air is Christmas, and if you open your mouth, it will get it out, and you can never catch it again". I thought it was kind of dumb, but let me tell you, he didn't say a word for HOURS!!

Oh, yeah, I always threaten to call Santa on his cell phone. lol Elves come to visit and check on his behavior while he is at school to check up on him. And, sometimes when he wants me to get off the computer so he can use it, I tell him that I am emailing Santa his behavior chart, and then he magically stops asking to use the computer.

My son told me this morning he wants to go to the North Pole on vacation next summer so he can see what Santa does all year long! yikes!

He also wanted to leave a gas can outside for Santa's sleigh. I told him it didn't run on gas; that it ran on 'reindeer power.' So now I have to figure out what we can leave outside for the reindeer to eat. Maybe nuts and birdseed?

I have a great one. This is long..

When my ds1 and dd were little maybe 5 and 3yo. We were at the Cracker Barrel to eat and were waiting to be seated and were browsing the shop. they both decided that they were going to start touching everything in the store. So I had enough and marched htem back near the bathroom and was going to stand in that cubby away from everyone and everything. I leaned down to tell them they were being bad and that they had better be good blah blah yalll know what I am talking about, when I looked across the gift shop and saw a man that had the beard and the belly and I had a lightbulb go off and said look, there's Ho Ho you better be good he is watching you. Mind you this is probably mid August. The kids immediately stood straight and kept watching him all big eyed.

Well apparantly the gent saw me wrangling them and headed over he squatted down and talked to them about Christmas none the less and here came his wife around the corner, She proceeded to cut up about Christmas with them... I am thinking WTH.. how do they know what I was saying. I looked around and seen that every kid in the restaurant was crowding us... I was still kindof looking dumb. The hostess called our name to be seated and the guy stood up and reached inside his suit to a pocket and took out a piece of paper and handed each of the kids one and said Merry Christmas....I said thank you without looking at the papers and took the kids hands to go eat.

And I will swear to you when I took ds's paper too see what it was and turned it over it was a photo of the man and his wife dressed up as Santa and Mrs. Claus with writing on the back that said something to the extent of God bless and Merry Christmas hand written on each....

I have them packed in our photo chest. I guess since it is Christmas time I need to get them out. I am going to try to think of a way I can get the pic posted on here. My scanner doesn't work and mil took her camera back.hmm.

Oh, yeah, I always threaten to call Santa on his cell phone. lol Elves come to visit and check on his behavior while he is at school to check up on him. And, sometimes when he wants me to get off the computer so he can use it, I tell him that I am emailing Santa his behavior chart, and then he magically stops asking to use the computer.

My son told me this morning he wants to go to the North Pole on vacation next summer so he can see what Santa does all year long! yikes!

He also wanted to leave a gas can outside for Santa's sleigh. I told him it didn't run on gas; that it ran on 'reindeer power.' So now I have to figure out what we can leave outside for the reindeer to eat. Maybe nuts and birdseed?

THis is the recipe for reindeer food that we use,,;)

Mix 1c. oatmeal, 1/4c.sugar, 1/4c. red & green sugar crystals and a little bit of glitter (3 or 4 tbsp)

Read this with your kids as you mix and as you use it Christmas eve:

Sprinkle on the lawn at night

The moon will make it sparkle bright

As Santa's reindeer fly and roam

This will guide them to your home.

i laughed when i seen this thread cuz i just told my DD that santa called me today while she was in preschool, lol.

I told her that he asked for Jocelyns mommy and I said it was me. He asked if jocelyn was a good girl this year and i told him yes, she was very good. I then told her that he just called to check on her cuz he was getting ready to make her presents and wanted to make sure she was good, lol.

you should have seen her. she asked if it was xmas day yet and i told her no, in 20 days. she then asked if she went to sleep right then, if he would come, lol. i told her not today. She then asked for the phone and began to dial DH's cell phone. I asked what she was doing and she said " I am calling daddy so that he can call santa back since we dont have long distance on our phone". i just died laughing.

LOL I love these posts...LOL I have used the phone threat before..LOL we make the reindeer food also.

OK now my oldest has always believed in Santa, he is 11, but behind other kids his age. I started to put some doubt in him, cause I was afraid of him being embarrassed at school. We talked but he walked away still believing :( , HOWEVER, This year he wants to "lock" Santa out to see if he is real....:eek: My 6yrs still believes ...this is an awkward year! for us!!

LOL I love these posts...LOL I have used the phone threat before..LOL we make the reindeer food also.

OK now my oldest has always believed in Santa, he is 11, but behind other kids his age. I started to put some doubt in him, cause I was afraid of him being embarrassed at school. We talked but he walked away still believing :( , HOWEVER, This year he wants to "lock" Santa out to see if he is real....:eek: My 6yrs still believes ...this is an awkward year! for us!!

We have a magic key so Santa can not be locked out, Ive done all this, My dad who lives in Florida, has been used many times as the voice of Santa, My kids do not get to talk or see him often so that works great. One of the ladies I work with who is in Indiana has her elderly residents write Santa letters every year and my 10 year old is waiting her letter from her elf Cookie.

Now when my 7 year old would not potty train at 3 I had enough, He told me all the things he wanted for Christmas and they were some neat big boy toys, Well I told him I was calling Santa and if he wouldnt use the potty and wanted to be a baby then I would instruct Santa that he only needed baby toys, I made that phone call and spoke with Santa then he spoke with Santa and with in 3 days I no longer had a 3 year old in diapers. When we went to the mall to see Santa's helper he couldnt wait to tell him he was a big boy now.

As far as presents when I used to put all the boxes under the tree wrapped my kids wanted to know how come Santa and I have the same paper. I said Oh didnt you know he sent his elves in early on Christmas Eve to pick up the wrapped boxes then Santa would use his magic to fill them, This saved time on Santa having to wrap.

As far as presents when I used to put all the boxes under the tree wrapped my kids wanted to know how come Santa and I have the same paper. I said Oh didnt you know he sent his elves in early on Christmas Eve to pick up the wrapped boxes then Santa would use his magic to fill them, This saved time on Santa having to wrap

I told my kids that I bought the paper that I liked and sent it up to Santa......they bought it.....LOL

THis is the recipe for reindeer food that we use,,;)

Mix 1c. oatmeal, 1/4c.sugar, 1/4c. red & green sugar crystals and a little bit of glitter (3 or 4 tbsp)

Read this with your kids as you mix and as you use it Christmas eve:

Sprinkle on the lawn at night

The moon will make it sparkle bright

As Santa's reindeer fly and roam

This will guide them to your home.

This is a favorite in our home...Kids do this EVERY year (and daughter is 10...but she does it with her brothers...ages 4 & 5)

We bought them an airhockey table one year, it took DH an hour to put it together and when he flipped up the top part at the end there was a crack/hole in the bumper piece... we had to take it back to the store, and needed to get another one that day 'cause it was Christmas Eve and we had a ton of people coming over to play it. We told them that Santa's Reindeer ate a hole in it because we didn't leave any carrots out for him when he dropped it off... needless to say we can't ever go to bed on Christmas eve without leaving carrots out!!

That's funny, Brynn! One time when my nephews were staying with us for Christmas, the remote control was missing to his r/c car. I didn't check it until that night when I was wrapping it. So, I left a letter from 'Santa' saying that he had an accident with the sleigh and had to swerve to miss a plane and the remote control fell out and into the ocean. lol The letter also said that I would fix it...but I like blaming it on the reindeer!