Would you Do this?

elena_398

Well I wrapped ALL my kids gifts this past week and saw I bought WAY too much. I actually pulled a few gifts to save for my daughters birthday in a few months (yes my buying was overboard. lol but at least her birthday is done now.). Anyway, Target has the Slurpee machine for only $16.99. That is super cheap and my daughter really wanted this. I can't really give it to her for christams as I already had to pull some gifts. Would this be ok if I bought this now and stored till next christmas? I have a Walmart $100 GC from my father-in-law ( so I would price match at Walmart) and the room to store. I know this is something she would want next year too. A lot of times I buy items at the after christmas sales for the following christmas. Such as cologne sets and kids makeup. I just figured if I have the means and storage and the price is right, maybe I should just buy it now and save it. Does anyone else do this? I told my husband and he said I was nuts to even think about next years christmas. lol. Im not nuts am I???!!!

Well I wrapped ALL my kids gifts this past week and saw I bought WAY too much. I actually pulled a few gifts to save for my daughters birthday in a few months (yes my buying was overboard. lol but at least her birthday is done now.). Anyway, Target has the Slurpee machine for only $16.99. That is super cheap and my daughter really wanted this. I can't really give it to her for christams as I already had to pull some gifts. Would this be ok if I bought this now and stored till next christmas? I have a Walmart $100 GC from my father-in-law ( so I would price match at Walmart) and the room to store. I know this is something she would want next year too. A lot of times I buy items at the after christmas sales for the following christmas. Such as cologne sets and kids makeup. I just figured if I have the means and storage and the price is right, maybe I should just buy it now and save it. Does anyone else do this? I told my husband and he said I was nuts to even think about next years christmas. lol. Im not nuts am I???!!!

If you know that she will want it next year then put it aside for next year & no you are not nuts for thinking about next Christmas, I am. And a question, you saw you had to much after you wrapped, so did you know what each thing was or did you have to unwrap to find out what you wanted to pull aside.

Nuts and rational at the same time? I think this actually a case where this can happen. If you're anything like me, they will find it before the next year, or you'll have a lazy day this summer and decide to pull it out.

Of course, I say this, but the HUGE set of fingerpaints i got for mine for their b-days in August is still in the closet, I forgot to wrap them and decided to save for christmas. The kids at the party were too wild to give them anyways. Now the Christmas gifts are wrapped and the fingerpaints are still in the closet! (guess I don't feel like cleaning up the mess associated)

OK, back on track, if you have the space to hide it, are sure she'll want it next year, don't think it will clearance out, and already have a gift card, I'd go ahead and get it.

We had the slurpee and it was very hard to put back together. It takes a long time to make the slurpee. Unless they changed everything about it I would not recommend buying it. Batteries get eaten up pretty quickly. It took about 10 to 15 mintues to put the machine back together. Just wanted to let you know. I wish we never had gotten one.

No your not nuts! I get a lot of things to put up for later at the after Christmas sales and during the year. Always plan ahead because you never know what you might be facing next year when Christmas comes around and you will be ahead if you happen to get in a financial bind or something else happens.

Nope, not nuts--just don't be like me and forget where you put it. We have a small, crowded house, so I stash things different places I don't think they'll get into. I never buy a year ahead, as my kids always change their likes by then, but some people do and it works. My mom will stash things as well, and every once in awhile, during the rest of the year, she'll pull out this present or that--and say, "oh, I meant to give you guys this for Christmas"... and, yeah, I'm following in her footsteps...

My only thought is that if you tend to over buy gifts, then don't buy it now. Wait until next year and if she truly wants it then, buy it. How much is it normally? Is it that large of a savings? I stopped buying Christmas gifts for the kids way ahead of time b/c I would find other things I wanted to buy them and ended up with too much. Now I start buying their gifts on BF so I know it doesn't get out of hand. My littlest is getting three things from us and they're small things - we just don't do big Christmases.

I agree with all that said it's not a silly idea. I start my holiday shopping a year in advance always. And at Christmas I usually have tons of gifts or giftsets to choose from that ended up costing up to 90% off. My family used to laugh at me, but now they ask to come visit my "store" for emergency gifts.

Not Silly or Crazy at all - I call it being ahead of the Game! ;) I wish I was that far into buying. Don't know what's wrong with me this year, just can't seem to find the right stuff I want. Actually don't even have a specific list for people like Inlaws but with everything going on with FIL Cancer and stuff I'm thinking cash. He's been cleaning out -for when the time comes as he says, and I know they have Soooo much that's still new in the box. So I think cash for them is the better route to take.

Well, I got it. LOL. Walmart price matched w/ no problem. Now I think I will buy the flyPen bundle for my son for next christmas. lol. Only $69 w/ free shipping at amazon. My TRU has all the accessories on clearance. That will be store in the house. He saw it the other day for the first time (not sure where hes been that he never heard of it) but he LOVES things like this. I was just waiting for a good sale to get it. Im all for learning things. Im sure when hes done with it, my daughter could use it too.

Thanks all. I stock up for next christmas at Walmart too. Gift sets, makeup sets, cologne, etc. From buying things like that last after christmas sales, I didn't have to buy one birthday gift this past year and my daughter went to 5 parties!

I just started doubting myself when my husband was ragging on me. lol. I just figured if we have the money now (giftcards too) and the storage then why not. My husband just got a great bonus check so I wanted to get a jump on things. You just never know what kind of situation you'll be in every year come the holidays. (good thing is we have plenty left over to do this and pay my medical bills). They came first and foremost.