Miracle on BF stories

sevirj

Do you have an OMG, I can't believe I lucked up and got.... story?

My 2nd stop was Best Buy to get the 17" monitor for my daughter's computer, along with a couple other things. I arrived around 6am, and of course you can imagine the line waiting to go in. Not to mention the fact that I didn't have a ticket, and wasn't even sure if the monitor was a ticketed item or not. About an hour or so later, I finally got in and headed straight to the computer section with ad in hand. I walked up to the nearest salesperson and asked if there were any more available, and of course he said no. Disappointed, I walked over to the Nintendo aisle to pick up a couple games, and to my surprise, just below the game I wanted, on the floor, was the monitor I came in to buy. YES!!!! I stood there for a minute or so to see if someone had left it there to look at something else, but no one came by, so I immediately picked it up and ran to the register to but it.

It was definitely the highlight of my day!!

I've posted this story elsewhere on here but I will post it again. My husband dropped me off at Toys R' Us a little before 5 and I sent him to Walmart to get the spongebob tv/dvd combo for $79.88, a little after 5 he calls me telling me he can't find them anywhere and nobody there even knows what he is talking about and wondering if I sent him to the right store, I said yes and he still couldn't find it, I was totally bummed as that was one of the major things on my list, anyway long story short, that night after reading a post hear that someone had seen a full pallet of them at there local walmart I got hope and started calling around to other area walmarts (It had never even occured to me before that) anyway, found two at a walmart about 45 minutes away, hubby went and got it and it was a great end to the day!

I went to CC on a hope that House season 1 would still be there. I had very little belief that it would be but I thought what the heck. ( It was already 10 am). I went in and it wasnt in the bin where it was supposed to be so I was kinda bummed. I asked a couple of clerks if they had seen it anywhere else in the store. They all told me no. I was ready to give up and my mother in law started snooping around the go-backs. and lo and behold there it was ONE copy of house season 1. Yeah!!! Needless to say I was estatic!! Not only did I find that in the go backs, as I was walking to get in line (a very long line) I found the other movie I had been looking for in the asile that I happened to walk down sitting on the floor. I lucked out at CC.

I went to Meijer at 3:00 to get the Phillips MP3 player. " Sorry, their spoken for." They weren't handing out tickets for anything. I think thats bull. If its not in your hands how can it be spoken for? Went to another Meijer, was behind about 20 people. The broads in front of me about jumped down my throat because there was someone in back of them that I didn't see. I saw a guy walking around with one that wasn't in line so I took my chances and got out of line to go to the electronics counter. They were in a locked case in the photo lab. Guess who got the last one? ME!!! I got the last player and they didn't. They stood there yakking while the cashier was handing them out so its their loss, my $100 gain

I bought the $99 Dual Car DVD player at Circuit City around 5pm Saturday. I tried buying it on line at 4:30am Thur morning, but it was already sold out and only available in store. I already had plans to go to BB, so I figured I was out of luck. Just for the heck of it yesterday afternoon I decided to check on line again. It still said only available in stores. So I called mine and they told me they didn't have any on the shelf but Customer Service could check the warehouse. They had 5 of them in the back!! I rushed over there and was able to get one!! Ours was stolen out of our car a month ago so my kids were so excited to get a replacement and so was I!

Miracles come in all sizes.

My miracle was a small beanie butt Cabbage Patch doll at Wal-Mart.

I really needed the boy one for my son (no comments from the peanut gallery) and I couldn't find one. I was about to walk away and said to my older son that I guess they didn't have any boy ones. A lady right beside me must have heard because the next thing I know she is handing me a boy one she was going to buy and said that if I needed it then I should have it because her daughter wouldn't really care.

To whoever you were- Thank You!! (also from my 6yo son)

The staff at Staples made my day...I had bought the 29.99 creative mp3 player, but I did not notice the clerk put the 1gb in my pile of items...so later when I got home I realized I had the wrong one. I called the store and the person who answered was really rude and was like "we have been out of those since 8 AM!" I told her I was really frustrated because I was in line at 5:00 AM and spent a chunk of change there today. She gave the phone to the manager who told me to come back in, make a return, and they would order it for me from the website. It was out of stock, but somehow they found it, are having it sent, free shipping, and at the same price. Our Staples staff was great!

I asked my 17 yr old daughter if she and her Boyfriend would wait at BB from 12-3am, then I would relieve them..she said no way!! I wanted the 22" monitor at BB but wasn't going to even try to attempt it knowing how early the lines started. She then tells me at 11:30 Th. G. nite, she wants to "visit" friends in line. I didnt think she'd be there long. She calls me at 2:30 for me to meet them etc. they were about 70 in line but growing ahead of them. I wasnt dressed for the line, so if she was staying, gave her money to try for the 22" or 19" monitor. Well she walked up, got a 19", asked about the 22" and there were about 10 left so she got one and put the 19 back. I couldn't believe she got one! I couldn't have "planned" it any better.

Well-- the whole thing was fantastic. The first miracle I suppose was when arriving for the line at 6:30 pm I was #11 on the list for the emachine, (why I was there) put down as a back up a laptop and was #18 on the list-- well one person left so I got the emachine and the laptop! Daughter had come with husband and begged for laptop-- thought she could use it as she's on her own now and moving around a lot. Got everything I wanted there and no line problems. Then at Shopko got the last down comforter there which was half hidden in a different section--(and it was a King even!) they were $24.99 all sizes

Left the house shortly after 4:30 am Parked and entered Walmart by 4:45. Went directly to the tv I wanted while youngest and oldest DD's went over to the SD cards, PSP, MP3 players and we were all told we could grab what we wanted but had to wait at the display until 5 am before proceeding throughout the stores. By 5:15 we had scooped up everything we wanted and were back home by 5:30 am. I then jumped on line with Best Buy and got the camcorder for DD #2 and a Blue Tooth Headset - both at killer prices.

Then decided the heck with it and ordered a Wii from Ebay (which is now gently wrapped and hidden).

This was by far and large the best BF experience for me. No pushing, no shoving, no rude shoppers. Rather like a scene out of the Twilight Zone after past years lol

My miracle was actually on Thanksgiving, not BF. (BF was almost a disaster, not quite, but pretty darn close.)

Walked into KMart Thanksgiving morning and there was the Elmo TMX I've tried to get for my daughter for weeks! Several of them, actually. For 2 seconds I considered buying a couple extra for ebay, but realized how happy I was and figured there were others out there like me.

Now if I could just locate a Wii... :D