How many lights are on your Christmas tree?

tootsieroll23

We finally put our tree up and DH knows I like a lot of lights on the tree. :holiday07 We have 28 strands, 100 lights per strand, "for a grand total of 2800 imported Italian twinkle lights" on a 7' tree. :eyepoppin I wonder if there is a limit to how many lights you should have on a tree? Judging from the heat coming off the tree, I don't think we will need to use the fireplace this year. :o

DH added some more strands to fill in some holes and now there are 3200 lights on the tree :eek:

I LOVE lotsa lights too...we have a very nice pre-lit tree and I am still trying to add lights to it :blush: Up until last year we always had a real tree and I always bought box after box of lights(i can relate to 2800 lights,its NOT to much-its just well-worth it!)I would start deep inside the tree meticulously adding strand after stand then slowly work my way outwards with the lights-the result "breathtaking" it doesnt quite work that way with my pre-lit :yup:

my family thinks I have lost it!!!! I guess I have given up adding extra lights because our prelit was expensive(we bought it thinking "investment" ;) ) and I dont wanna mess up what we have so maybe I am over-compensating on the ornaments this yr I found some GREAT BF deals-

maybe we can post pics of our trees in this thread-or has that already been started??

I so LOVE this time of year.....

We finally put our tree up and DH knows I like a lot of lights on the tree. :holiday07 We have 28 strands, 100 lights per strand, "for a grand total of 2800 imported Italian twinkle lights" on a 7' tree. :eyepoppin I wonder if there is a limit to how many lights you should have on a tree? Judging from the heat coming off the tree, I don't think we will need to use the fireplace this year. :o

DH added some more strands to fill in some holes and now there are 3200 lights on the tree :eek:

The rule of thumb is 300 Mini lights per foot, which means if you have a 7 1/2ft. tree you will need 2250 lights. Anything over that really becomes a fire hazard especially if you use only one oulet. Having siad that I agree, the more lights the better. I do however spread the lights out to two different sockets. Even though I have a prelit tree I do add extra lights and this year I am adding 4 sets of bubble lights.

The rule of thumb is 300 Mini lights per foot, which means if you have a 7 1/2ft. tree you will need 2250 lights. Anything over that really becomes a fire hazard especially if you use only one oulet. Having siad that I agree, the more lights the better. I do however spread the lights out to two different sockets. Even though I have a prelit tree I do add extra lights and this year I am adding 4 sets of bubble lights.

Oh boy then we are 1000 over our limit. DH puts 4 strands together and then puts those on a extention cord. Then he will do 4 more strands and put those on another extention cord so on and so on. Then he plugs all the extention cords into a surge protecter.

We have looked at the prelit trees, but weren't really sure if you could add your own lights. DH would like it if you could then it wouldn't take so many hours to do our lights.

I LOVE lotsa lights too...we have a very nice pre-lit tree and I am still trying to add lights to it :blush: Up until last year we always had a real tree and I always bought box after box of lights(i can relate to 2800 lights,its NOT to much-its just well-worth it!)I would start deep inside the tree meticulously adding strand after stand then slowly work my way outwards with the lights-the result "breathtaking" it doesnt quite work that way with my pre-lit :yup:

I know what you mean about "breathtaking" (DH is thinking more like back breaking). It looks so nice that I don't even know if I want to put any ornaments on the tree :giggle: