>>>>> Suggestions for next year's Black Friday site & forums? <<<<<

Brad

I am new to this site this year and I thought it was ran really good. I do agree that if some price comparison per store on some major items be put up that would be great. I was looking for portable dvd players this year and I live in NW PA where I am no where near a Best Buy, Target, Circuit City and such but if I had a price comparison with Wal-Mart and all the other stores and seen that one out beat another I just might travel somewhere to get a deal. IKWIM!

Thanks for everything you all did this year. You have alot of time invested in this site and it shows.:gdclap::gdthums::2woot::gdthankyou:

Kelly

I noticed a few problems which came about not really becuase of the site, but just becuase some people refuse to search or look for the answer to their question.

There were far too many "Does <insert store> Price Match on BF?" and "When will these be available on <insert store>.com"

My suggestion to help reduce the redundant threads is to provide more stickies in each store sub-forum. For example, keep the Official Price Matching Thread open and active in the BF 2007 main forum, but also have a price matching sticky in each store sub-forum to make it more specific.

I would have also liked to see a more specific topics on the main electronics items like in the main BF forum, in each store specific sub-forum.

Basically, Id like to see the store specific sub-forums have their own identity in a sense. This way, if someone wants to know about the laptop at BB on BF, they know the BB forum is the place to go for information.

Problems that may arise from this that I can anticipate is people who want to compare laptops (using laptops as an example only) might create a thread and a conversation about another store's products and get away from the main idea of the sub-forum, which is store specific. The comparison charts can help out with that though.

Also, as mentioned by someone else already, a store specific sub-forum "What time to get inline" thread in each forum would be nice.

I know this site helpeed me to make decisions on what to buy many of my family members. It would be nice if there was a search in the shopping list area. I know we can click on electronics, and it will show us that area for each store, but if we could type in the specific item for example camcorder and only camcorders from each store shows up it would help with comparing. Thanks again for all the work that is done so we can save money!