Anybody else not get credited a discount?

kren

I have to schlep back to Staples tomorrow because I just checked my receipt and paid FULL PRICE for the external DVD burner. ACK! The horror!!!

I waited for hours, was second in the door, asked the MANAGER where the external DVD burner was, he went and got it and personally placed it in my hands. So I figure I have the right one and certainly *he* knows what he's doing. I bought tons of stuff, and was in a frenzied store, so I didn't check anything against the cash register read-out or the receipt until I got home and tried to enter all my easy rebates. According to the ad, this drive is supposed to have an instant one and an easy one but it looks like he handed me a different one. No rebate. No instant savings either. I'm crushed.

Update: Went back today and found the same manager who not only credited my credit card for the sale price, but gave me instant savings to replace the yesterday-early-bird-only Easy Rebate. What a guy! My Staples (in NE Pa) rocks!

Update: Went back today and found the same manager who not only credited my credit card for the sale price, but gave me instant savings to replace the yesterday-early-bird-only Easy Rebate. What a guy! My Staples (in NE Pa) rocks!

Staples is good.

I am glad to hear that there are still some stores that know what customer service is!