got the 148. comp from walmart

Guest mirandaanddreco

Guest mirandaanddreco
I got the 148. computer and omg it was crazy they where about to fight me over it, went to best buy at 7:pm to stand in line and it was all the way around the building so went to walmart and finally got me a new computer. and the computer is actually very nice has alot on it.

I was surprised when I walked into my Walmart to find most of the black friday items still available..the Compaq computer for 398 the plasma tv for 998 Viore was the brand..about 20 Symphonic 20 inch lcd tv's for 238..one v rocker..

I got the Viore plasma a the vrocker..

I don't even think our store even carried it.

When I asked about them the RUDE Walmart rep looked at me and said SOLD OUT

I know working retail is hard during the holidays but come on.

There's no reason for that. I know I always apologize profusely, even though it is not my fault.

The $148 eMachine I got seems pretty good. I've already had it overclocked from 3.2 GHz to 3.6 and there was no instability whatsoever. That was a surprise, since eMachines have a rep for gimpy and unstable power supplies. However, info I found online says these will overclock safely to 3.7 GHz with the original cooling system.

After getting such good results, I'm tempted to build the system up, maybe with a decent video card, some RAM ... perhaps a power supply. You can get parts so damned cheap on NewEgg anymore that it's almost dumb to not build it up. If I can find a decent price on a P4 processor, I might just sell the Celeron on eBay and reduce the cost of building the machine up.

I like it. Very happy with my purchase.

got there at 3mins. to 5 and was the first to get one.they had 6!!!! not allowing items to be put on layaway kept alot of people out of our store. good for me but bad for people who are in worst shape than I. walmart has messed up christmas for alot of little children.....not letting people put things on layaway on bf. think I will give alittle of my savings from today to TOYS FOR TOTS.

Guest mirandaanddreco

The $148 eMachine I got seems pretty good. I've already had it overclocked from 3.2 GHz to 3.6 and there was no instability whatsoever. That was a surprise, since eMachines have a rep for gimpy and unstable power supplies. However, info I found online says these will overclock safely to 3.7 GHz with the original cooling system.

After getting such good results, I'm tempted to build the system up, maybe with a decent video card, some RAM ... perhaps a power supply. You can get parts so damned cheap on NewEgg anymore that it's almost dumb to not build it up. If I can find a decent price on a P4 processor, I might just sell the Celeron on eBay and reduce the cost of building the machine up.

I like it. Very happy with my purchase.

me too it runs alot faster than my old one and I have added alot of stuff to it and very very happy cause I thought I wasnt going to be able to get it, but I did!!!!!!!!:smirk:

I finally got one too! At 4:15am, the store manager had no clue about the computer. They gave me a rain check because they couldn't find them. I got a call at about 9:30 this morning that they found them and one was being held for me. Yipee! Now to find an inexpensive LCD monitor.

Guest mirandaanddreco

I finally got one too! At 4:15am, the store manager had no clue about the computer. They gave me a rain check because they couldn't find them. I got a call at about 9:30 this morning that they found them and one was being held for me. Yipee! Now to find an inexpensive LCD monitor.

if u find any let me know plzzzzz

our WM had 3 of them but they were Compaq Presario's...and I had to ask someone where they were...they were just over on the shelf with NO advertised pricing on them. I don't think they sold any of them as we decided we didn't want one either (my mom decided against getting one).

Can anyone please tell me what brand and model # theirs were? Our store manager couldn't find ours. Today I went in and saw a Emachines model without the monitor that rang up $348 and I'm wondering if this was one of the ones they couldn't find.

My son went to two Walmarts here and neither one knew about the computer. He even showed them the printout of the ad, but left both stores with NO computer.

I wonder if they will issue rainchecks or would a call to corp be in order. They never showed up at mine:gdangry4:

Can anyone please tell me what brand and model # theirs were? Our store manager couldn't find ours. Today I went in and saw a Emachines model without the monitor that rang up $348 and I'm wondering if this was one of the ones they couldn't find.

This was not the right one, but I had a friend who took it up to the register and argued with the cashier and got it for the 148.00 price.

That's what I got .. they didn't remember the price until I mentioned it was on the flyer. It won't ring up on sale anymore.