RCA product dependability!?

SoCalCyclist

We used to be big RCA fans and we've sworn them off now. We had purchased two, one for ourselves and one for my mother in the nursing home. They both went to heck in a years time. Considering they were different models purchased at different times I think that is a lot more then coincidence.

It's a shame they let their quality slip like they did. We had my grandmothers old RCA console (the pretty one in the wooden case that sat on the floor for you younger readers lol) She purchased this abt. 1976. Would you believe it just finally starting going blue screen 2 years ago?????? 28 years for a tv - beat that? Now you can't guarantee a month on one.

Shame on Walmart for pushing garbage.

you are sooo right about rca,i bought a 32: at walmart 5 months ago,and the sound seemed to be cutting out noone else noticed it but me,thought i was hearing things,lol.the color isnt that good either.my sons 20 inch is way better,i am really disappointed with rca,they used to be great quality.thanks for the thread,i guess im not crazy after all....

It's a shame they let their quality slip like they did. We had my grandmothers old RCA console (the pretty one in the wooden case that sat on the floor for you younger readers lol) She purchased this abt. 1976. Would you believe it just finally starting going blue screen 2 years ago?????? 28 years for a tv - beat that? Now you can't guarantee a month on one.

Shame on Walmart for pushing garbage.

??? Walmart is the only store that sells RCA???

I just did a quick web check, Best Buy, Circuit City and Kmart all sell RCA tvs also.

My old RCA is a 1984 model and doesn't even have a remote control. You know the old kind with a UHF knob and a VHF knob. The picture is still just as good as when I bought it. I basically just use it as a monitor since my VCR and Satellite have remotes. I guess they just don't make em like they used to.

I got the opportunity to go through a Wal-Mart return center a few years back and you wouldn't believe the amount of returned electronics sitting in the place. There seemed to be a overwhelming number of the cheaper "off" brand products. Very few of the name brands such as RCA, Sharp, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc...

I have this same TV mine is 2 1/2 years old. I had issues after the first month called RCA they had a service guy repair it for me and no issues since. I paid $1500 for mine and it is just like the sale one. I think this is insane that they will let a TV like this go for so cheap

If your in the market for a Big Screen I would recommend this one.

this is the same model that bb sold about 2 years ago for 898.00 and last year another store was selling for bf for 898.00 and a few weeks ago i seen it at walmart for 898.00 and i guess they just want to get rid of them at this point because now they are 478.00

We don't have an RCA television, but we did have an RCA DVD burner with video player. I thought half of my daughter's dance recital was missing after watching the DVD on the player before trying to hook up another and copy it. My daughter wanted to watch it before taking the DVD back. I put it in our normal DVD player in the living room, and it played perfectly. It had something to do with high speed disc. Contacted RCA and they would not help. They provide no update for their players, they are the only company who do not. We luckily were able to return it because my husband works for the furniture chain we bought it through, so we were not out 200.00. We have told everyone to stay away from their products. The MP3 player at Wal-mart is not even listed on the RCA site anymore, so that means they do not support it.:(

I must have really lucked up DH and I got a RCA, 52' widescreen projection HD two years ago in Feb and we love it. Everyone who comes over comments on the good picture quality. *Knock on wood* it dosen't go down right after I type this. Good luck to all that will purchase.

we got an old 27 inch thats about 8 yrs old and its still working great! BUT we have a 52 inch RCA and well its still working but you have to have it plugged into a box or vcr for the tuner (i think) to work. That went out like 2 yrs ago, although its about 7 yrs old.

I think the quality just must of slipped.

My grandma has one thats about 20 yrs old thats a RCA and its still ticking away!

I bought a 52 inch RCA 3 years ago. I haven't had any problems with it, the color is great, nothing has been broken. I have 2 toddlers and as parents know, kids can be destructive unintentionally at times, and the TV has withstood them with no problems.

The color doesn't look as sharp if you sit close by, but we have it about 10 feet from our couch and the picture quality is very good from that distance. I wouldn't put it in a small room where you couldn't get at least a good 6 feet away from the screen.