A few more tips from a Kohl's associate

Guest RealLivePrinces

Got to Kohl's almost a hour after they opened. It was a zoo. The lines were just long. We said to heck with it & left. I was so mad cause I wanted to get one of those fleece blankets for $8.99. Went to Kohl's this morning & they had a ton of them. I got one for $9.99. I was sooooo happy. :D

Are you referring to the microplush throws? That is the item that I specifically went to Kohl's for on BF...the first time I have EVER braved the stores on BF. I couldn't go until after 11:00 because my husband works nights and I was at home with our two small children. I had to wait for him to get home to watch the kids (and he did some shopping himself right after work).

I walked right in to Kohl's and found TONS of those wonderful blankets, and also many of the down throws still available for $19.99. I was thrilled. :D

And RealLivePrinces, I thought of you many times during that shopping experience. Thank you for putting a fresh, human face on the retail associate, and reminding me to to pause during the craziness to lend a smile and a hand. :)

My experience there was great. I am prego with twins so I was tired from rushing from the front to the back for things I had forgot. I plopped myself in a wheelchair at the front and my mom started piling things around me :)

We got up and waited in line about 45 minutes. They ran out of the 7" portable dvd players with the rebate fast. So the manager said he would honor a substitution for the 9" ones. Figures we didn't grab one. He was selling them for $49.99 since they obviously didn't have a mnfr rebate associated with them. So people in line were psyched to get the 9" one cheaper than the 7" one!

All the associates were super helpful at showing me where certain items were etc. Kohls had the best deals where I am compared to every other store.

Tanya

Reading all these stories makes me grateful that my Kohl's is across the street from Walmart! I was in and out of the store twice (too much stuff to carry) between 7:00 and 8:15 with checkout waits of less than 5 minutes each time and having my receipts combined to make sure I got all my Kohl's cash!

Kohls once again was a great BF stop! The lines were long, but all the people were fantastic. It truly was a frenzy but it was good fun! Our Kohls customer service reps were fantastic! Kudos to all!

I got the Cusinart Grind and Brew for 39.99 with an extra 15% off! Great deal!

Going back today to spend my Kohl dollars!

Thanks Princes for all your fantastic info! You are a true assett to Kohls!

wow! These are all great tips that I wish I would have read b4 BF. RLP, u'r to be commended for all of your wonderful advice and insider tips. How very kind of you to extend yourself in that way and w/o solicitation.

Kinda feel like I should "pay it forward".

My experience at kohl's lasted almost 4 hours but it wasn't that bad, as I pretty much got everything that I needed. I wish I had known to apply for the card, as I spent well over $400.

Question. I spent $300.xx on a total purchase but I only got $50 back on Kohl's bucks. Is there a limit on how much u can get back? I should have gotten back $60. Also, I had to buy my dvd seperately. I didn't know they could add onto a receipt for the purpose of the Kohls $10 kohl's cash back. Is it too late for me to go back to have it fixed?

This is all great info to know. I can even go late on Tuesday nite's to see of they change the price signs for their wednesday sales since I'm gainfully employed and can't go during the day! lol

Thanks Thanks and Thanks!

Guest RealLivePrinces

Question. I spent $300.xx on a total purchase but I only got $50 back on Kohl's bucks. Is there a limit on how much u can get back? I should have gotten back $60.

What was your subtotal (total before taxes)? I'm thinking taxes bumped it up to $300, which is why it was $50.

Is it too late for me to go back to have it fixed?

You can talk to customer service about that, I'm honestly not sure. They should be able to, it's just a matter of scanning the barcodes on both receipts and manually typing in the amount of new KC to issue.

I can even go late on Tuesday nite's to see of they change the price signs for their wednesday sales since I'm gainfully employed and can't go during the day!

Not regularly, I'm afraid. Overnight work starts just as the store closes. Although - most shifts start at 10pm and since Kohl's is now open to midnight every day (in most states) through the holidays, you might catch a few signs up early.

I went in a 5:15 for the 13 games table for $79. I had been in on Tuesday to scope out where the table was located and to see how many they had. There were 6 on Tuesday. When I got to the area where the table had been on Tuesday, it was not there. I stopped the first associate that I saw and he told me they were in the front. There were only two remaining. He put my name on one and I got in line. after 30 minutes in line a nice worker got the dolly and took it to my car. My grandson will be thrilled.

My major complaint about Kohls is that the store is dirty. This is a new store which opened in October 2005, but they do not have a night cleaning crew and the store is always a mess. You can go at 8:00 a.m. and they is still stuff all over the floors. The linens department is especially bad. Someone, hopefully NOT me, is going to fall and sue the corporation of a gazillion bucks.

Guest RealLivePrinces

I would kill for an overnight cleaning crew!

Associates stay after the store closes for about half an hour to an hour. We call it "recovery". The store isn't always perfect when we leave, but everything should at least be off the floor. If that's a frequent discovery of yours, I'd report it to the managers.

Guest RealLivePrinces
Sure. I'm a department supervisor, so I get the ads a couple weeks in advance. It might be easier if I know to look for specific items each week, though. lol

Guest RealLivePrinces
Those sales are actually pretty common in jewelry. Just keep an eye on ads for Wednesdays and Friday/Saturday/Sunday sales (which are always our biggest sale days).

Kohl's has become one of my favorite BF stops and is usually where I end up spending most of my money. Considering the prices they have on toys and other things, I would be shocked if there WASN'T a line going to the back of the store. I actually went twice this year since I took my three year old back after lunch to shop for his daddy. I loved that the early bird hours were so much longer than everyone else.

I'm heading back today to finish up my shopping with the Kohl's cash. :)