Logitech Remote

crwidow

I'm looking for a remote for our HD/DVR/Cable for my husband. Does anyone know of a good deal or a particular model I should be looking for?...I am "fairly computer" literate,but wonder if I should pay to have it programmed. Thank you for any help you can give me.:) :)

Logitech 880 or 890 is what you want

The 880 is about $130-$180 off ebay

The 890 is probably around $230, The 890 can go through walls and stuff so thats why its more expensive, The remotes are programmed from PC software and it is very easy to do. No need to have it programmed from someone else.

Best remote I have ever had, Does everything you want it to do and does it automatically, If you currently have change inputs and stuff on your tv or av box the remote will do it automatically for you when you press whatever activity you want to do.

thanks, that helps a lot...

You may think at first its a crazy price but the logitech remotes are truly a replacement for every remote you have. Its pretty crazy actually on what it can do if you set it up to your likng, It will automatically go to a certain station if you program it that way when you turn everything on, You can have it set the volume automatically, Tons and tons of stuff and its easy to setup with that software, Basically just type in the model of whatever your tv or whatever is and it loads all the features onto the remote via a USB port on the remote.

After you get all your devices added it will have you setup the activities, It will be stuff like

"when you press watch tv what devices need to be turned on" select from the list

"When watching tv what input does your tv need to be set to"

"when watching a DVD what input does your tv need to be set to"

bunch of easy questions like that and you'll be up and running with it in notime

I recomend not getting the Logitech 720 though, That was the first one I bought and wasnt really happy with it, Its a bit cheaper, but the buttons were loud as hell(you could button presses in the other room!) and the signal seemed week, so i sold it and bought the 880 off ebay.

If I had to do it again I'd probably go with the 890 since when im laying on the couch i got the coffee table right there and have to lift the remote way up in the air to adjust the volume on the AV box since the table is in the way, The 890's signal would go right through it like it wasnt there. :)

Ebay is definetly your best bet though for buying the remotes, there about $60 cheaper there

oops...I should have waited. The 880 cost me $122 today..(no shipping) Thank you!!:eyepoppin

Still a great deal...I've been coveting one of these for a while now.

I can't wait to set this up so I never have to have 3-4 remotes out...plus it's just plain cool looking; reminds me of the TiVo remote. :D