Looking for good desktop

brian6464

I am looking for good deals on a Desktop for my parents. Budget would be under $700. The Dell E520 with 19" LCD looks good. Anyone know of any other current deals/promotions (and I do not want to wait in line anywhere on BF!). Main usage will be email, internet , word processing and some storage of digital pictures (less than 5,000). I have seen threads dedicated to laptops, but not desktops. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe not the right place for this discussion, but how much of a difference is there between the AMD Athalon 64 3200+ (included with the Dell C520) and Core 2 Duo E6300 (included with the Dell E520). And if I went with the cheaper C520, how much extra bang for my buck would I get by upgrading to the Athalon 3500 ($30) or the Athalon 3800 ($80)?

I don't know much about processors so any shared knowledge would be helpful. Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe not the right place for this discussion, but how much of a difference is there between the AMD Athalon 64 3200+ (included with the Dell C520) and Core 2 Duo E6300 (included with the Dell E520). And if I went with the cheaper C520, how much extra bang for my buck would I get by upgrading to the Athalon 3500 ($30) or the Athalon 3800 ($80)?

I don't know much about processors so any shared knowledge would be helpful. Thanks.

Speaking of processors I would recommend reading this thread :)

I am looking for a desktop as well, and a few things that I am noticing is that Windows word is not included in some of the prices, nor are speakersor a printer. This will add to the initial price.

Most BTO (built to order) systems like Dell, HP, IBM charge extra for Microsoft Word, speakers and printer. Some retail stores will have bundles with speakers and printer but usually you have to pay extra for Microsoft Word.