camcorder deals? Specifically SONY SR100?

geetarandsushi

I ordered the SR100 from USAPhotonation.com for $440. The website says it is brand new not refurbished. It is by far the best deal I have found for the Sony Harddrive camcorders. The suggested retail for the SR100 is $999.00.

I posted this same information on another thread about camcorders but I was'nt sure if you saw it, so if this is duplicate information Sorry.

i thought i would throw my 2 cents in...i have both a sony camcorder (dcr-dvd 405) and a sony digitial camera (dsc-p52...an older model as it is 3 years old) and they are both wonderful! I am still using the original rechargeable batteries that came with the camera and they still work great. i am very satisfed with both and recommend sony to anyone.

mikser suggested USAPhotoNation.com

Don't do it!!!!

Read the Yahoo merchant review!!!!

h ttp://scd.shopping.yahoo.com/merchrating/user_rv.html?merchant_id=1026970

I'm looking for this camcorder for any Black Friday deals as well, but if it's too good to be true ($495 now), then it probably isn't true.

After reading reviews from link above I am cancelling my order and looking elsewhere. The price search that I found the price on had good reviews but after checking others no one else does so it is probably too good to be true.

Thanks to Islandgolf for warning.

So Mikser,

Did the good folks at USAPhotonation.com give ya the runaround?

They sent me an email that camcorder was backordered and if I would like to cancel to reply to email. I replied to email to cancel and got another email saying to call them about cancelling. Instead of calling them I called my credit card company and had them check for any charges. There had not been any charges so I had them cancel that credit card number and send me a new one.