Idea for Price Matchers...

miller205

I was just reading some posts about price matching at WalMart and I came up with an idea to make it easier for yourself and the cashier. When you are reading the ads on Tgiving and making lists of the items you want to PM at WalMart it would be a good idea to make an individual Post It note for each item. That way, when you get each item you can tag it with a note that says "Scarface Circuit City 29.99" for example before you put it in your cart. It will save you and the cashier a lot of time and energy even if they still want you to show them the ad.

Just an idea...

Just don''t cut up the ad and put the individual items on each sticky note...I made that mistake a few years ago and they (Wal-Mart) gave me a huge runaround about matching the prices since the flier was not intact and they could not be 100% sure that the prices I was showing them were the current prices. (the little piece of ad said- EARLY BIRD 7-11am but that didn't matter to them)

Bring the whole flier and put the PM info on a sticky note with the original retailer and the page number on the note too.

I always tell the cashier before he/she rings it up (otherwise I feel they get frustrated lol).

I always have my price-matched item w/ the competitors ad already on it when it reaches the cashier. That way they can just pick up item and already have the ad 9 (I also verbally tell them).

i usuually have them in groups at the register..so when the register person starts to ring them in...i just show that ad to them and and we go from there...(time consuming to get into groups but if you have a list before hand you can be done in tno time..and most walmarts know what their comp prices are for most items..so sometimes you dont have to have the ads....ymmv, also sometimes wlamarts prices (not advertised) has already has the same price as comp or a few cents off so be careful and watch what the price comes up before you say this so place has it for this price cause it might already be cheaper...just a fyi.

good luck to all