WM Black Friday Ad Hits Streets Nov 20, BF Online Preview Details

bigjimslade

I was told today by a manager that Wal-Mart will have the 8 items previewed in commericals starting Wednesday. No clue on time frame or anything else.

If anyone has a family member or a friend who works in TV ask them if they can find out. Someone in the AD and or Traffic dept of any TV station should know when the ads will run.

I saw the circular in my local store today. The only computer I noticed was an hp multimedia center. There will be a 42" plasma for around $999 and a 32" plasma for $598. I think they both were HD units. I didn't notice the PS3, but then again, i'm not in the market for one so i wasn't looking.

I wonder if they won't be mirroring what Amazon is doing? For those not familiar with it, they are voting now what items will be put on Thanksgiving Day for a huge savings. I voted but I remember was the one I voted for, a Xbox 360 for $100, Mongoose Mountain Bike for abt $30.

Possibility..........

company researchers have found that late Thursday is a busy online time as shoppers prepare their next-day plans. That’s when the company will disclose its latest deals

eight additional exceptional Black Friday features will be available only at stores on November 24 from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Beginning Monday, November 20, shoppers can check their mailboxes for Wal-Mart’s eight-page print “Black Friday” ad circular, chock-full of after Thanksgiving bargains. The deals will accompany a 24-page circular featuring many additional values.

***** I posted this because to me I get the impression that the online ads might not be posted till Thur afternoon ? Also...It looks like the mail flyers will hit our boxes tomorrow, or might be in the stores ? Just thought this info might help !!!!!

If the BF ad is gonna be in the mail on Monday they more then likely they will have that ad on there site Monday as well or shortly after.

So for the 8 special deals should check Walmarts site Thursday night.

I wonder if we are all gonna be so shocked for these 8 items or dissapointed once again.

also on top on the 8 deals..they are going to have 70 other slae items...prolly price-matching items?

Quote: The company said it plans to announce 70 other sale items for Nov. 24, called Black Friday because at one time it was considered the day retailers turned profitable for the year. Wal-Mart said earlier this week it is boosting online advertising and increasing the number of holiday circulars distributed in newspapers to eight from five last year.

also on top on the 8 deals..they are going to have 70 other slae items...prolly price-matching items?

Here's what I'm wondering about the 70 other sale items. If you look at the blitz adscan there are about 70 items on sale from 5 to 11. So, is that all they're talking about- the early bird items that were already leaked? Or are there 70 more? That article in the OP was from Nov. 17 and the blitz ad wasn't supposed to be officially available until today. WM could have easily been playing dumb about the fact that we already knew about 70 items on sale. I hope I'm wrong, but ...? Well, those 8 items better be really good!

I am a little confused by the Wal Mart ad. I was in the store last night and I saw tons of Baby Alive dolls, fisher price dollhouses, some kind of dora playhouse, and lots of other toys on the main aisle that weren't mentioned in their flyer. Does anyone think that these will be on sale on BF also?

Look at this thread - I know of a new item! The person that started the thread works at a TV station is going to check to see if they can find out more info.

If anyone has a family member or a friend who works in TV ask them if they can find out. Someone in the AD and or Traffic dept of any TV station should know when the ads will run.