How do you know where to look?

12days

So last year (my first bf) I wanted the lap top at wal-mart. I got there early thought I had spotted them but of course when they pulled the tarp off it was cabbage patch dolls. By the time I made way through the people to the other side of the store I heard an employee say "we sold out of the laptops in under 3 minutes they were in the frozen food section. How in the world did the other bf shoppers know to look there? Whats the secret??

sometimes you can find an employee that knows what he/she is talking about and will help you. Ours is 24hr. so you wait inside, they also made a few annoucements about where you should be standing in line at, but there are so many people talking that you don't always here them.

you need to get there early and find out where everything is...even though they have black packaging around it, some ding dong finds a way to tear into it before they are supposed to...then when you know, camp out there until they do.

talking about this reminds me when it turned 5 am someone on a loud speaker said "ASSOCIATES, PLEASE GET TO YOUR STATIONS AND OPEN THE WRAPPING. MAY THE SHOPPING BEGIN".

you need to get there early and find out where everything is...even though they have black packaging around it, some ding dong finds a way to tear into it before they are supposed to...then when you know, camp out there until they do.

talking about this reminds me when it turned 5 am someone on a loud speaker said "ASSOCIATES, PLEASE GET TO YOUR STATIONS AND OPEN THE WRAPPING. MAY THE SHOPPING BEGIN".

You felt like it was a race or something....

I never am offered a map. Dont belive my Walmart does that. Heres what mine does: All electronic items are in electronics....Marked lines for big ticketed items.

ALL toy blitz items are on pallets across the front of the store. Away from toy section to clear up aisle space. All pallets are opened around 12-12:30am (of toys) and you are allowed to take it but not check out till registers open.

All small appliances and clothes items are on pallets in the middle main aisle of store.

This manager that took over a couple of years ago is really organized and I applaud the way he does things. Wonder why more people don't go to this walmart (though Im not complaining)

We dont have a 24 hr WM around us, My WM also dosent have maps and it is always insane! Last year the laptops were in the toddler girls section! Go figure! The toys , some were down the main aisle leading to the back of the store soem were back by toys and the rest were over by the pet section! You never know where anything is and its always a luck of the draw it you stumble across something u want. I am going to go the Weds b4 TG before closing to scope out and see if I can get an idea of where stuff is this year. They do make annoucements but even if you are close to the person talking you cant hear because no one will ever be quiet enough to hear. Years ago it was so nice they made everyone stand in a line and came down the line with tickets for big items and answered any questions you had, not anymore.

the one we get to has it wrapped in black plastic and there are no maps, and the employees stand guard and tell you they don't know what is in the pallets. and they are spread everywhere , toys in grocery, you just never know. I hate it when I think I am by the pallet I want and they open and nope its not the right thing. I HATE THAT!!! that is the bonus with going with a group everyone has everyones list and we grab what we can for everyone then we meet up and ditch all the extra stuff we ended up with. It does make someone really happy when we are getting rid of something that people want and we hear someone talking about it and we say "here you want this one" makes peoples day.

So last year (my first bf) I wanted the lap top at wal-mart. I got there early thought I had spotted them but of course when they pulled the tarp off it was cabbage patch dolls. By the time I made way through the people to the other side of the store I heard an employee say "we sold out of the laptops in under 3 minutes they were in the frozen food section. How in the world did the other bf shoppers know to look there? Whats the secret??

Last year I got lucky, and found the laptops, there was no map just blind luck. They were actually next to the jewelery counter not near the electronics area.

At our WM, the manager came out and answered questions about where the items were located. The laptops and desktops where just inside the store as were the tickets for the TVs. Once you paid for the TVs, you had to take your receipt out to a semi in the parking lot where it was loaded into your car for you. All the other items were pretty much in the correct department or very close by. It is very organized there

last year our Walmart was NOT a 24 hour supercenter, so when the doors opened, it was a mad rush and there was no way to know what would be where. dvd's in the men's department, gameboys in the ladies department, carebears in the pet department (actually, that one MIGHT make sense if you're in a good mood lol), it was crazy cause people clogged the aisles up with carts (buggies ;) )and nobody knew where anythign was and the employees were NOT helpful at all

this year with the super walmart, I'm going early and going to try and scope stuff out...if they have maps, all the better

ok this is the map that I saw today.

coming in on the food side of a super center.

Secret #6 will be by the speedy registers

then going down action alley

Secret #5

then 1---- 20" flat Screen Tv's

then Secret #4

then 4 -----Movies

then 8-----All in one printer

excess 20" flat tv's will be in dairy area

ok action alley going left to right

secret #7

then 3----32" LCD tv's

then layaway